Don't lie to me.

Ways in Falling in Love

RING. RING. RING.

 

Tiffany's phone keeps on ringing and ringing. She looked at the screen and narrowed her eyes as she only see unregistered number. She finally answered it. "Hello?" She's waiting for someone to answer on the other line but it's just the static and not a voice. "If you're not going to talk to me, you must end this kind of a joke. It's not funny after all." She said and hunged up. She thought it's just a prank caller but she keeps alarm on that. Again, the phone rang. She immediately answered it, "Could you just please stop??! Really, I'm not in --" 

 

"Mi Young." Said the other line. A man with a manly and soothing voice answered. Tiffany's eyes widened when she heard that voice. That familiar voice she will never forget until her next life. He called her Mi Young. He's the only person who called her in her Korean Name. Oh no, please you're not. She hoped that he's not the person she's thinking of. "Who are you?" She asked although she already knows who is it. "I know you knew me. Don't act as if you don't know me at all." The other man said. 

 

"How did you get my number? Why are calling me?" She asked, still dumbfounded when she heard him. "That doesn't matter Mi Young. I just want to know if you're okay. You know, after we broke up." The man said, she holds the receiver tightly. She knew that this will happen and that will follow a question she's not ready to answer. "Why did you break up with me? I don't believe the reason that you gave to me. I know that there's still something that you don't want me to find out." Shoot. He really knows me after all. She thought. She can't think of anything else to answer his question. She don't want to tell the truth to him. He might've been hurt if she will say it. "What I said is true." Tiffany countered. "I broke up with you because I had no feelings for you anymore. I'm really sorry that I hurt you but I don't want to lie to myself."

 

"No, that's not true." Said the guy. "I know you very well. You're lying. Please Mi Young, I want you back. I love you very much. Please." He begged. She suddenly shed tears when she heard the last line. I love you too but I can't. I'm really sorry. She said to herself. She still remembers the day when that happens. 

 

-2 years ago-

 

They were at the park walking at the edge of the beautiful road as the leaves from the trees started to sway slowly. They were enjoying their last moment while holding each other's hand. Tiffany made this date because she knows that this will be their last day being together and that was the only way she could make him happy. She managed to smile everytime he stares at her, she don't want to see her hurt. She wants to be strong beside him. She don't want to see her weak. 

 

They stopped in one of the bench there and they sit. Her head leaned on his shoulder still holding his hand tightly. They both watched the sunset. He seemed very happy that day and still grateful of Tiffany, he can't imagine if  he didn't meet her. His life might've been ruined if he didn't meet her. She changed her life instantly and he don't want to let her go. 

 

"We can't fool ourselves, Siwon." She said to him. Siwon was surprised. "What are you saying? Is there something wrong?" He asked. Tiffany pulled herself straight. "I don't love you anymore." Tiffany just said without ceasing. Siwon manage to laugh although he knows that there's something wrong. "You're kidding, right? You're just testing me." He reached her hand but Tiffany immediately pulled it back. "No, I'm serious. I want to end this relationship, Siwon. I don't have a feelings for you." Tiffany countered. But deep inside, she wants to hug him tightly she don't want to let him go. She stood up and turned away  from him. Tears suddenly dripped she don't want him to see that. She wiped her tears. "I planned this date. I just want to express my gratitude for you for being there with me in 2 years. Thank you because you made me happy. And I'm sorry for breaking your heart." 

 

Siwon ran towards her and hugged her at the back tightly. She gasped and she really can't hide her tears. "No, I don't want. I can't imagine my life without you. You're my life since I met you, I can't imagine if I let you go. Mi Young, please say 'I love you' to me." He begged. Tears in his eyes are starting to form now. Tiffany faced him and she hold his face. "You will forget me as soon as the days passed being without me. Please be brave. I don't want to hurt you. I'm going to US next week and I want to say goodbye to you properly. I'm sorry." She leaned towards his face and pressed her lips against his. As soon as they released each other's hand. Tiffany quickly pulled herself and ran away from him. "Goodbye Siwon. I will never forget you."

 

Siwon was left standing at the middle.  He can't bear it anymore he almost collapsed. He's just there kneeling at the ground staring at nowhere. 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

"Meet me. I want to see you. 8:00 at the same park." Siwon said. "Please, Mi Young. I'm gonna wait for you." He hunged up, not waiting for her answer because he's sure she will reject her.

 

I still love you, Mi Young.