Chapter 2

Miracles In December

"Alright Minseok, now that we've "introduced" ourselves, do you want a tour of our dorm?" Lay asked kindly, wondering if he had already explored it.

"Sure!" A smile lit up the new member's face and he followed the three for a tour.

Stopping in front of their own room, Lay directed at the door across from theirs and informed Minseok that it was Tao andu Kris's room. The duo were currently still in shock from Minseok's age and appearance, hence why they were still holed up in their rooms. Walking further down, there was a lone door right next to the door labeled as C2.

"This is my room! I share with Chen if you haven't already figured." He gestured towards the wooden door labeled "C1".

Luhan took the lead and led Minseok towards the center of the dorm. "You probably already know, but this is the kitchen and connecting to it is the living room. Do you know how to cook Minnie?" the brunette asked him.

"Yeah! I took home economic classes back in high school. Even though I'm a guy, I did pretty good in there.. heh." Minseok scratched his scalp nervously, apparently embarrassed.

"Awesome! Now we don't have to go out to get food for every meal. You'll cook for us right?!!" Chen jumped up and down in excitement, thinking about the money they could save if they could get their new friend to cook for them.

"S-sure.." came the reply.

The rest of the tour passed by quickly and they told Minseok about the other 6 members that lived downstairs in the second floor. Asking the copper-haired boy if he'd like to come downstairs to meet their other half, he agreed and the group-excluding Kris and Tao- headed downstairs to introduce their friend to them, and them to him.

 

(Minseok's POV)

All 4 of us headed downstairs, ready to meet the other 6 members that Lay mentioned to us. I was feeling extremely nervous- so nervous that my hands were drenched in sweat and my face red as a tomato. I've never met so many people before and it was seriously starting to get to me.

Chen probably noticed the state I was in as he said, "Minnie~! Cheer up, they're extremely nice so you have nothing to worry about... Oh, wait.. Maybe you should worry about Kyungsoo.."

"Chen, are you trying to cheer him up?" Luhan said, trying not to laugh at his friend.

I was grateful that Chen was trying to cheer me up, but he just made me feel worse... I had no plans to say that aloud, of course.

We reached their floor and Lay raised his knuckle to knock on the door. Only counting up to 3, the door swung open and I saw a short guy-taller than me, sadly- that held a smile on his face as he greeted us. I don't think he noticed me since I was hiding behind Luhan's back.

Please don't look here, please don't look here, as I was chanting, Luhan pushed me forward so that Suho, the man that had opened the door, could see me.

"Oh, who is this? Is he someone's younger brother?" Suho questioned, looking at me up and down and sizing me up. This made me feel a bit uncomfortable so I shied back from his gaze a bit, planning to hide behind Luhan again.

I didn't get the chance to because Lay spoke up, "Yeah, we all thought that. His appearance is shocking isn't it... Would you believe it if I said he was older than all of us here?"

"No.. I wouldn't believe it, but I think I have to now, right?" Suho said, taking the situation with ease. "What's your name, hyung?" his gaze once again landing back to me.

"Kim Minseok," I said, trying to smile. It probably came out extremely awkward because the next thing I know, Suho was laughing quite loudly.

"Okay, Minseok, my name is Suho. Nice to meet you!" a huge smile was plastered on his face. "Would you guys like to come in now?" Suho gestured towards the room.

We all stepped inside the room and the first thing that hit me was the aroma of food. It smelled a bit like steak and mash potatoes. Delicious... Looking around, I found that the floor wasn't carpeted like our floor. Instead, the floorboards were hard-wood and made of cherry oak.

Fancy... I thought in awe.

The walls were painted a nice shade of maroon that matched the floor, letting off a cozy feeling to the room. Paintings were hung here and there and white leather couches were placed in the middle of the room. Directly in front of the couches, was a large screen television that was just begging to be used.

Amazed by the artsy-modern taste of the room, I turned back towards the situation at hand when Suho shouted for everyone in the floor to hear, "FOOLS! GET YOUR ASSES OUT HERE. WE HAVE A NEW FRIEND FOR YOU TO MEET."

I was struck with surprise at Suho's choice of wording because he seemed like the type of guy that wouldn't swear even if he had to. Observing him quietly, he still seemed like a polite, nice guy that would never raise his voice and swear like he did seconds before.

Hearing footsteps that resounded through the air, I saw 2 extremely tall men walk out into the center of the room. One held a bored expression on his face- he honestly looked a bit like grumpy cat. The other looked like an elf with his protruding ears and a toothy smile on his face. They both looked up and searched around the room for said new friend. Their searching stares stopped at me and I felt the prying eyes on me once again.

It really was uncomfortable to be stared at like that. I fidgeted under their gazes, wringing my hands together, not knowing what else to do with them as they continued their small inspection of me.

"Who is this?" The guy with the grumpy face looked at me with interest present in his eyes.

"I'm Kim Minseok, nice to meet you." I put on a gummy smile, hoping to make good first impressions.

"Hmph, nice to meet you, I guess...I'm Oh Sehun, this is Park Chanyeol," Sehun pointed abruptly at the guy that held the height of a tower.

Wow, rude much? He probably thinks I'm younger than him like the rest of the people here that have met me...

I don't blame himI do admit I look a little bit too young for someone my age. It's not something that can be fixed! It just runs in the family! I huffed silently, enough so that no one would be able to hear the small noise that escaped my mouth.

"WAH! He's adorable! Is he your little brother Luhan? Why didn't you ever tell us about him Luuu~~!" The elf-eared male shouted as he held his face, unable to take the cuteness overload. I didn't say anything but my eye twitched in annoyance from being called cute over and over again.

"No. He's older than all of us, he just looks young- that is all," Suho answered, preparing for the onslaught of hollers.

While the yells were floating around the room, 4 strangers walked in slowly, deciding to finally check out what the hype was about. They each took a seat on the white leather couches and turned their head to me. I prepared for the gazes again and let out a sigh.

"Oh, finally decided to show up?" Suho asked. "Guys, meet Kim Minseok. Kim Minseok, meet Kim Jongin or Kai," Suho pointed at the tan male that was lying back comfortably on the couch. He looked up when Suho said his name, then he gave me a small wave, accompanied by a smile. I smiled back.

Our group decided to take a seat on the white leather couch as well since our feet were getting tired from standing for so long. Plopping down on the couch, I listened as Suho introduced me to more members.

Suho pointed at another person, this one sporting wide eyes and heart lips. "This is Do Kyungsoo."

I looked at Kyungsoo and he wore an expressionless face, not giving any sign that he heard Suho's introduction. Although he looked aloof, he let out a small sign of acknowledgement and gave me a small nod. I waved a little in response.

I turned the direction of my gaze towards the remaining member and I noticed he looked rather mischievous and playful. My theory was proven correct as he introduced himself abruptly, "Hiiii~ little one, my name is Byun- Baekhyun, but just call me Baekhyun!" He hopped up and sat down on the unoccupied seat next to mine.

"You're cuteeee. Are you in high school still?" he gave me a cheeky smile and pinched my cheeks ruthlessly.

"Ah!" His actions took me by surprise and I squirmed to get out of his grip. It didn't help. What's up with people calling me cute and getting all touchy-feely with me today?

"Baekhyun, let go of him for god's sake," Sehun scoffed at his antics and slapped his hand away from my abused cheeks which were probably red.

"I-it's okay," I said quietly, barely enough for anyone to hear me.

"No. He's older than all of us, he just looks young- that is all," Suho repeated what he said to Chanyeol earlier. "May I ask how old he is?" he added.

"Minnie is 22 years old. Surprise! He looks so young right?" Chen piped.

"WHAT?! 22? OH MY LORD HELP ME..." Baekhyun overreacted and dramatically fell on Sehun's lap. The grumpy cat slapped his head from off his lap and he felled on the hardwood floors with a 'thud'.

"But he looks so young.. Minseok, tell us your secrets," Chanyeol said. "Well it doesn't matter because he's so cuuute~"

"RIGHT?!" Chen and Baekhyun said in unison, agreeing with Chanyeol.

On the other side, Kyungsoo spoke up, "I'm going to continue preparing dinner.." he grumbled, bored from their actions. He began padding out of the living room silently, heading towards the kitchen.

Oh, so he was the one that was making that delicious-smelling food? I wonder if it really is steak and mash potatoes... my stomach growled loud enough for everyone surrounding me to hear. A chuckle was heard diagonal to me and I flushed out of embarrassment.

"Someone's hungry.." Suho chuckled, "do you want to stay for dinner?"

"Aww.. but Minnie said he would cook for us starting now," Chen whined. He was looking forward to my cooking, I bet. I smiled a little at the thought.

"Shut your hole, Chen," Suho said eerily with a smile on his face. "So, Minseok?"

"It's okay, I said I would be cooking for them from now on anyway.. Thanks for the offer though," A sweat drop slid down my temple from the creepy look on Suho's face.

"Alright, whatever you say, " Suho smiled.

 

(No POV)

"Man! Suho's out to kill me, I tell you.. and I thought Kyungsoo was the scary one too," Chen complained when they reached their own floor.

"Pfft, that's just because you were annoying him like you do with us," Luhan poked Chen in the ribs, causing him to topple over on the couch in surprise. The doe-eyed boy laughed at him and continued to poke at him.

"So, are you going to be preparing dinner for us tonight?" Lay turned towards Minseok, looking away from the scene.

"Yeah, I said I would, didn't I?"

"Great! I'll call the two that are still in their rooms to prepare the table," Lay said. Minseok sighed and headed towards the kitchen, prepared to make a big feast for 6 growing boys.

wonder if this is how Kyungsoo feels as he seems to be the cook in his dorm toothe boy thought.

---

Gahh officially done with this chapter. This took forever!

Look forward for more. Sorry for the lack of Kris and Tao. TwT

~Xiaomiki 

 Smooth Luhan, Real smooth... >:) 

Guys. Xiuhan is real. T--T I'll support it no matter what!

THE

SHIP

SHALL

NOT

DIE!

Sorry, not sorry.