Chapter 3

Miracles In December

As Lay entered the room shared by Kris and Tao, he called them to come outside for dinner. Minseok was in the kitchen rummaging through the refrigerator, thinking of what he could make out of the ingredients stored inside the fridge. He came up with plenty of ideas and patted himself on the back, then started to make dinner.

Luhan peered inside the kitchen where Minseok was getting ready to cook and inched ever so slowly towards the smaller boy, planning to surprise him. Stealthily, he tiptoed over to where the boy stood and grabbed his shoulders.

"BOO!" Luhan hollered near Minseok's ear, expecting him to jump in fright.

Minseok turned around and stared at Luhan's face, his own showing no emotion. "May I help you, Luhan?" the smaller said, unaffected.

The doe-eyed boy wrinkled his eyebrows and pondered, "Why weren't you scared? I thought I made no noise when I was sneaking up on you!"

"I could see your reflection in the pot," Minseok said, finding this amusing.

"Whatever... Anyway, do you need any help, Minnie? You are feeding the mouths of 6 people.. Boys at that."

"Sure, do you think you can cut up those cucumbers and carrots into thin slices?" Minseok asked. "By the way, be careful not to cut yourself."

"Sure! Call me hyung first," Luhan said with expecting eyes and humor lacing his voice.

"What?" Shock was evident in the feline-eyed boy's voice as he turned to glare at Luhan.

"Call me hyung," the brunette smiled.

"N-no, I won't call you hyung. You asked if I needed help anyways!" Minseok huffed, flustered. "You should be the one calling me hyung, not Minnie!"

"But Minniee... I'm only one month younger than you!" Luhan whined. He was extremely out of character at this point.

"A no is a no. Now get to work," Minseok turned away, still embarrassed at the thought of calling someone younger than he was "hyung".

"Fine," the brunette began chopping the vegetables with ease. Remarkably, he managed to get away without any cuts on his fingers.

 

The food was laid out neatly onto the circular dinner table and like sheep, the group of boys began to flock to the smell of homemade food. How they ever survived without home-cooked food, they don't know. The scent was like heaven to their nostrils.

Inside the kitchen, Minseok and Luhan were still rolling up the kimbap and cutting the rolls into reasonable slices. They took the plate of newly made kimbap and placed it on the table along with the other food. Together, it was more than enough to feed an entire city.

"Wow, Minnie~ the food looks great! Oh my gosh, finally after years of constantly going out to eat fast food, WE GET TO HAVE REAL COOKING." Chen jumped up in glee. He made his way over to a random seat and sat down, waiting to dig into the food with a gleam in his eyes. You could almost see the drool dribbling down his chin...

"Good job, Minseok," Lay smiled warmly. "It's been a while since we've had this kind of food."

Everyone agreed and made small chit-chat about how great the food looked. It may look good, but they haven't tasted the food yet. Minseok just blushed and twiddled his thumbs, embarrassed from the compliments thrown at him.

"Let's dig in!" A chorus of agreements and squeals sounded throughout the room and the hungry group of boys lifted up their chopsticks and dug into the food.

"Wooow~! Hyung, this is really good!" Tao's eyes took the form of a crescent as he began fangirling over how delicious the food tasted. "Here Kris, try some!" The panda gripped the kimbap with his wooden chopsticks and shoved a roll into Kris's open mouth. The taller spit the roll out quickly in surprise and reached out to strangle Tao yet again.

The room held a nice atmosphere and Minseok felt truly welcomed into this circle of friends. The copper-haired boy smiled a little to himself. Luhan noticed the sudden quirk at the corners of his friend's lips and turning a bit to face the smaller boy, he poked his cheek, happy that he was finally opening up to the group. They both looked at each other in content and smiled as the noise of Tao screaming for help reached their ears.

 

(Luhan's POV)

When I first heard of the news that a new person would be moving into our dorm, I wasn't the happiest person in the world- especially when they were going to be sharing the room with me.

Never have I expected that a guy like Minseok would be the person I would be sharing with. My image of the newcomer was more like a snobby arrogant person that didn't respect my privacy. How I came to expect that type of guy? I don't even know.

It was relieving to see that it was someone I could deal with- someone I kind of liked too.. Of course as a friend.

For now, a voice in my head whispered and I slapped my cheeks softly to get a grip of myself. Gosh, what was wrong with me?

I brushed off the thoughts in my head and walked towards my room- or maybe it's not just mine now but Minseok's too. Opening the door, I walked over and sat on my bed with a huff and turned to look at the neatly-made bed next to mine. There was a picture of a snow wolf stitched onto the comforter that lay on top of the mattress of his bed.

It was such a contrast to what my bed looked like- his was neat and tidy with a picture stitched onto his blanket, mine was messy and my own comforter was just a boring shade of gray. I scoffed and decided to take a shower, not one to take showers in the morning. I hated going to bed feeling dirty.

Grabbing a pair of clean boxers and a baggy t-shirt, I made my way over to the closed door, wondering if Minseok was already in there. I twisted the doorknob and pushed with some strength, expecting it to be locked. Surprisingly, it was open..

I walked, looked around the space, and noticed the steam that was drifting around the space of the tiny bathroom. A silhouette was seen through the gradient blue shower curtains and I immediately ran back out of the steamy room, careful not to make any noise that would alert the other male currently taking a shower, oblivious of what was happening.

It's not like I haven't barged into the bathroom when someone was showering- in fact, I have done that plenty of times to my friends. But for some reason, when I intruded on Minseok showering, I just felt weird.

Extremely weird. I couldn't explain what I felt.

The feeling was suffocating me and I just decided to sleep it off- so I did. Mentally, I noted to shower in the morning when- when Minseok was not in the showers.

---

Hi. I must improve my writing! It .

Thank you for reading~ *w*

More is coming!

Xiaomiki     (ノ゚0)~

 

 

 

"Luhan is always the thirsty one."

So thirsty, amiright?

           

I'm not sorry.