Chapter 5

Miracles In December

A few days had passed by quickly, uneventful. Their schedules were just as dull and boring as every other college student's. The bunch of tired students strived and endured a bit longer till the weekends finally hit them in the face. Never had a Friday night felt better knowing that they could spend the next two days sleeping in and doing whatever they felt like doing. It was like the feeling of having quenched your thirst after going days without water.

On that night, they had all huddled up in their usual seating arrangements in the center of the living room and started planning for the weekends. The group of boys had wanted to go somewhere as a group-just the 6 of them and no one else. Not even their friends that were living downstairs. It would be their first trip together.

"Anyone who wants to eat, raise your hands!"

A fair share of hands were struck high in the air and the voters looked around the room to search for the people that agreed with them. They held a secret telepathic conversation through their eyes, all holding a mischievous smirk on their face. A total count of 4 people had wanted to go out and eat. What a bunch of pigs.

Two people were noticeably not amused at the opposing side since they had wanted to do something else other than stuffing themselves with food for the entire day.

"But I don't want to just eat tomorrow..." Luhan let out a "manly" whine and pointed accusingly at the 4 people that betrayed him. He had foolishly thought that they would be on his side.

"4 people versus 2," Tao boasted and puffed his chest out cockily, "Food it is!"

"Wait... wait," Minseok tried to make a negotiation since he had also been on Luhan's side, "How about we... Split up, ya know?" The boy gave them all an innocent smile while enlarging his eyes and sticking out his bottom lip to form a small pout, knowing no one could resist that look. Eyes twitched and hands urged to pinch the cheeks of the petite man's face. Minseok really liked to torment them, huh?

Letting out a hefty sigh, the tallest caved, being one that could never resist the puppy-like look. "Well, I guess we can... Anyone else in?" He looked around for the approval of his friends that had chosen to eat for the entire day.

Eyes darted around and slowly murmurs of "yes's" and "no's" floated throughout the room. It seemed like they finally had reached an agreement as they all nodded their heads. The two partners in crime glanced at each other and gave a thumbs up, happy that their plan had worked on the stubborn group of boys.

"Seriously, who spends their whole day walking around and just... Eating?" Luhan made a face at the poor living choices of the 4 college students that merely stuck their tongue out childishly at him.

"Duh. Us, obviously," Chen spoke to Luhan like he was the most retarded person in the world. Who doesn't like food! "Don't come crying to us when your stomach is eating itself out."

Luhan made a displeased sound at the image and his eyes suddenly brightened up at a thought. "Well I have Minnie here that can actually cook! So in your face," he stuck his tongue out, mirroring Chen and smirked in victory.

"Stop being a bunch of kids..." Minseok gazed at the scene and gave a small smile at their ridiculous behavior. The copper-haired boy flicked Luhan in the forehead, causing him to yelp and caress his head gently. It was obvious that Minseok was no longer uncomfortable around the bunch as his action proved so.

"Minnie, you're mean..." You could almost see the swirls of gloom surrounding the man that had been flicked so violently on the forehead. The sight of the miserable moping of said man had the group laughing hysterically.

"Oh my gosh! Luhan, you're such a..." The rest of Chen's outburst got drowned out by the increasing volume of laughter-mainly from Chen and Tao. Soft chuckles of amusement fell out of Kris's and Lay's mouths as they were not ones to express their emotions in such a brash manner like their other two friends.

"Whatever... By the way, Chen, I believe you are drooling," Luhan pointed at the trail of saliva evident on his chin from the excessive laughing fit. One corner of his lips curled up at the sight of his friend making a mess of himself. He pointed at his own face to show Chen where the drool was.

The accused boy instantly shut up and swiped his hand across his chin to check if the doe-eyed boy was correct. Red flushed his cheeks and he covered his face in embarrassment. The bunch just laughed at him.

Well, karma is a !

Minseok just cringed at the sight of his friend wiping the saliva with his bare hand. Not even a napkin?

Ew.

He made a mental reminder to never touch Chen's hand directly. Who knows what else he touches with his bare hands.

 

The sun slipped its way onto the dark side of the earth and shone its bright rays on the dorm. Slivers of light sneaked its way through the blinds of each room in the dorm and attacked the lids of the people inhabiting C3 as the room was the only one facing the sun at the moment.

There was no need for an alarm since it was a relaxing Saturday morning which meant no school. A grunt was heard from one side of the room, indicating that someone had finally awoken from their slumber. The curve of a pale calf of a certain feline-eyed boy was shown under the sunlight as he got up from the bed.

Minseok walked over to the other figure on the bed and shook him in an attempt to wake him up. His hair was matted and it looked like someone had planted a tornado only on one side of the deer's head. Minseok laughed inwardly at Luhan's bed hair and just continued to shake him until he had woken up.

"One more hour..."

Minseok scoffed and shook him again, not believing what Luhan had just said. Was this how Luhan felt when he was waking Minseok up?

Yeah.. Probably, Minseok nodded to himself.

"Luhan.. Luhan," he shook him some more, "Luhan, if you don't wake up right now, I'll slap you." Minseok's face held a small pout as he thought about slapping his friend on the face to wake him up. If he had to do it, then he had to do it...

"...." No response came from the taller man and Minseok just released a small noise of displeasure.

"You asked for it..." A sigh escaped his lips as he rolled up his pajama sleeve. He didn't want to slap his friend but geez, Luhan's difficult to wake up! Extremely difficult...

SMACK!

The sounds of flesh connecting with flesh rung out in the silence of the room. Birds that were chirping so mindlessly had quieted down a notch as they paused at the loud noise Minseok had made. A few moments later, they continued their chorus of chirps and calls, having already forgotten about the noise with their pretty little heads.

"AUGH!" Luhan shot up like he was never asleep to begin with. His eyes, bloodshot, darted around looking for the person that had disrupted his dreamless sleep. The doe eyes landed on Minseok and he looked bewildered and puzzled that a guy like Minseok would slap him as hard as he did. He never looked like one to inflict physical abuse... As the saying goes, you can't judge a book by it's cover! Luhan had pretty much learned the lesson several times from Minseok in the past few days, but he shouldn't have been surprised that Minseok would actually slap him!

"Awake now?" He poked the abused limb. It left a white discoloration on the patch of skin but quickly returned to an angry red. Oops. It must've hurt.

"Why the hell did you slap me?! I could have woken up fine you know!" Luhan crossed his arms and pouted like how a child would. He caressed his bicep and inspected the severity of the "wound".

"Oh shush, I was trying to wake you up for..." Minseok checked the clock briefly before returning to his earlier statement, "48 minutes."

Luhan only gaped and stared at the smaller man. He had waited that long for him to wake up?

"Just go get dressed." The copper-haired boy turned and walked away.

The deer's jaw snapped back into place from having dropped at the shock and he quickly snagged random pieces of clothing from his walk-in closet. Minseok did the same.

Once they were fully dressed and groomed, they walked out of their rooms and headed down towards the kitchen for breakfast. The duo decided that it wouldn't matter if they left the other 4 members sleeping. They were splitting anyways, so why not do it now?

Minseok was preparing breakfast- a normal dish that consisted of bacon strips and eggs. The smell wafted through the air and it left Luhan gripping the fork mercilessly at the wondrous smell of the smaller man's cooking.

"It smells good," he complimented.

"You guys needs to cut it out on the comments.." Minseok blushed heavily again. He was getting quite sick of having his face become so flustered from simple remarks that his friends make about his appearance and his cooking. "Just.. Be quiet and wait for the food!"

"Minnie is blushing again. Hahaa!" Luhan's eyes crinkled up in a crescent shape and it held mirth at the flustered boy's appearance. It was amusing to him how a simple compliment would turn the usually stoic boy in such a hot mess. Minseok simply ignored Luhan's attempt to embarrass him further and proceeded to continue frying the goods.

A while later, they each had their fair share of bacon and eggs and they were both more than ready to head out. They slipped on their shoes and walked out of the dorm, wondering what they'd be doing for the rest of the day. There were a lot they could be doing and it excited Luhan to no point. Minseok, on the other hand, held neutral feelings towards the day. He had just wanted to look around the unfamiliar area and walk around, enjoying the warmth of the sun and the small chirps of the birds. Anything was fine with him.

"So what do you wanna do today?" The taller inquired. He peered over at Minseok and nudged him with a clothed elbow to get his attention.

"I don't know. Anything you wanna do..." Minseok kicked an aluminum can that lay crushed on the sidewalk and began a lone game with himself out of boredom. They were both heading to nowhere in particular, just relishing in the feel of walking alone together. It was nice to finally take breath of fresh air after having to be either in a classroom or the dorms for so long. Never had they realized just how it was inside until they had walked out to take a stroll.

"Anything I wanna do?" Luhan raised a skeptical eyebrow at the shorter one. Hearing the loud 'cling' the can made when Minseok's foot came in contact with it, he joined in on the game of abusing the poor piece of aluminum.

"Well how about shopping? Do you like that?" The doe-eyed boy hoped that Minseok liked shopping since he had a lot of stores that he had been eyeing for a while. What was shopping when you had no one to go with? Shopping alone is just no fun...

"Sure." His reply was short and curt, as always, but Luhan was fine with it. It was just a thing between them, he would talk, and Minseok would listen and add in a few words here and there. He nodded at the reply and they both continued their walk to the stores Luhan had wanted to visit.

 

The can had made it a far way until it was kicked aside, no longer a form of entertainment between the two. They both entered the store and a bell chimed with the knowledge that the a new customer had walked in. The cashier behind the counter waved and greeted them politely, wishing they would be buying something today. They waved back in return.

An assortment of hats and accessories of all colors were laid out on various tables around the store. They looked around and Luhan eyed the hat that he had been wanting for a few months. He walked over hastily while dragging Minseok by the wrist with him to check out the hat that had been holding his interests for so long.

The hat had was just like any other hat. It held the shape of a beanie, but not quite, it was sort of squared. The hat was a light shade of brown and round bear ears were sewn into each side of the hat. There was a small round ball of fluff behind the strange-looking hat and Minseok realized that it was supposed to be a bear tail.

"You were eyeing this?" Minseok asked with disbelief in his tone, "Why?"

"Because I've never had any hats like these. You gotta try new things out once in a while, Minnie!" Luhan took the bear hat from the table and slipped it onto his head. He paced over to a nearby mirror and checked himself out, inspecting to see if it looked alright on him. He deemed it okay and turned back to Minseok who was just watching him gush over how cool it looked on him in silence.

"Now we have to find you one..." Luhan smirked and began scanning the hat store for the perfect hat or accessory that he thought suited his friend.

"W-what? I thought we were only shopping for you!" Minseok was clearly confused and surprised that he had to be shopping for something too. Obviously, he wasn't someone that went shopping often. Only when necessary.

"No.. We need to get you someth-" Luhan was cut off of his protest when he eyed something that was on the counter next to him. A look that told Minseok he was up to no good appeared on his face and he grinned.

"Minnie, come here! I think this would suit you perfectly..." He dragged out the 'y' in perfectly to emphasize his point. Motioning for the smaller man to come, he hid something behind his back with a smirk on his face.

Minseok reluctantly came over with a suspicious look on his face. He did not trust that weird expression on the taller's face. Luhan just smiled and continued to motion for the cat-eyed boy to come closer.

When Minseok was only but a foot away from the man, he tried to sneak a peek by darting behind Luhan, but to no avail. He puffed out his cheeks in annoyance and waited for whatever Luhan had for him.

"Close your eyes..."

"Why!" He tried to grab at the object behind Luhan's back but that ended up as a failure too. Annoyed, he just gave in and closed his eyes to see what Luhan had in store for him. Hopefully, it wasn't something weird...

Luhan seemed to have noticed that Minseok had given in because a little while later, the copper-eyed boy felt a weird sensation of something gripping the spot behind his ears. It was uncomfortable but he bared with it, knowing that he would soon find out what it was that Luhan had placed on his head.

What kind of hat was this? He wrinkled his nose at the uncomfortable sensation and reached up to touch it, only to have his hand pushed away by Luhan. A whisper from Luhan told him not to move yet.

A 'snap' was heard shortly after and he snapped his eyes open at the familiar sound. In front of him, Luhan held his smartphone and was no doubt taking pictures of him in his new "hat". Sounds of adoration were made and Luhan smiled at the masterpiece he had created in front of him.

"Cute. I knew it would look good on you..." The brunette cackled loudly and told the smaller man to check his reflection. He covered his mouth with his hand to keep him from laughing further and held in the urge to pinch Minseok's cheeks because of how adorable he looked at the moment.

Slowly and unsurely, Minseok crept his way to the body-sized mirror and in a deep breath of air. What had Luhan squealing like a dead pig at first? More importantly, what the hell had he put on his head?

The reflection of a copper-haired boy was shone in the mirror as Minseok stepped in front of it to inspect his appearance. As he observed the new object on his head, he realized it was not a hat but a headband. A headband with black cat ears. It was perched confidently on the corners of his head, almost like it was taunting Minseok.

Oh. Now that was what Luhan put on him. Cat ears.

Minseok's face flushed an unusual shade of red and turned towards Luhan with his head faced down. Luhan was skimming through the recent pictures he had taken on his phone, unaware of the apparent danger that lurked ahead of him. The danger that was wearing black cat ears and an expression that made flowers shrivel back into the soil.

"Luhan.." The voice was calm and eerie.

"Minnie! Do you like it?" A smirk was on his face now. Oh, he would get it. He would get it...

The deer had somehow noticed the impending danger that was inching ever so closely to him and he dropped his bear hat and in a flash, he was out of the shop. Minseok ripped the headband from out of his hair and flung it on the table carelessly.

A series of screams and pleas were heard in a small alleyway and people paid no mind to it as they continued their work.

Needless to say, all of the pictures taken from the hat store was deleted and was to be never returned ever again.

 

The rest of the day had passed by swiftly in the blink of an eye. Minseok and Luhan spent the remainder of the day in a bubble tea store after a long day of shopping for all sorts of things. They arrived to the dorm with hefty bags hanging from their arms and their wallets a lot skinnier.

It had been a tiring day and as soon as they had washed up and put away their recently bought stuff, they walked to their rooms like how a zombie would. The bunch didn't even greet each other because their day was just that tiring. All they wanted to do was just sleep.

Their heads didn't even hit the pillows before they were fast asleep.

Even if they had not spoken about the day they had spent together, the duo both knew that they were now closer than before. A special friendship had been created between the two today and they had never been closer.

---

Word count: 3239

Xiaomiki~<3 

Some photos of XIUMIN! :DD

Only have 4 today T^T Sorry guys, I'm rushing to finish my homework too! PLUS MY SUPER SLOW INTERNET IS PISSING ME OFF >:(

I promised I'll make it up to you in the next chapter :D