An Unexpected Visitor

Intern - Sunggyu

The sun shone brightly the next day, a beautiful hue of blue hung in the sky creating a breathtaking morning, yet you weren’t feeling quite as happy as you usually were. Dressing in a pastel polo shirt, you pulled on a black pencil skirt and slipped into some black heels. Keeping your hair down for the day, you grabbed your phone and purse and headed off to the office.

Once you entered into your office, you placed your purse in its place as you got to work on the paperwork waiting on your desk. Time moved slowly as you kept looking up at the clock only seeing a half an hour at a time pass. Sighing ever so softly, you ruffled your hair lightly before a soft knock came from your door.

Finishing writing the word you were on, you lifted your eyes to the light colored door open revealing just the man you were wishing to see.

“M-Mr. Kim? “ You questioned standing up onto your feet while your hands stayed on your desk to try and keep your balance while on your wobbly knees.

“Ms. _______” Sunggyu smiled, slowly closing the door behind him as he stepped towards you.

“W-What are you doing here?” You started to walk around your desk in your office, keeping your eyes on him making sure he didn’t leave your sight.

“I had a little business matter to attend to” Sunggyu smiled brightly as you walked up to him, trotting a few steps before you wrapped your arms around him.

Stepping back slightly, he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you against him tightly.

“I had something I wanted to say to you” You pulled away from him to look up into his beautiful eyes once more.

“What would that be?” He asked his hands resting on you, rubbing the small of your back lightly.

“I like you too” You confessed, your eyes stayed on him while his eyes dropped, his smile widened showing his pearly white teeth.

A knock on the door was heard as the two of you quickly pulled away from your hug and stood by one another as your manager stood in the doorway.

“Oh good, the two of you are here” He closed the door behind him, you looked at Sunggyu wondering if he had any idea of what was about to happen. “Ms. ______ I would like to introduce you to the newest member of your team. Kim Sunggyu.”

“I-I thought he was leaving like all of the other interns?” You questioned falling a little speechless at the news

“He produced perfect results and we couldn’t allow this intern to slip through our fingers. Since you put in such a moving report of him, we thought who better to train him than the best in the company” Your manager smiled and bowed to you. “I will have a new project for you two in a week or two.”

“Thank you, sir” The two of you replied in unison while bowing as the manager left your office.