New Interns

Intern - Sunggyu

Rhythmic moving fingers tapped against the keys on the keyboard while words flowed through your head, letting your message transform onto the laptop in front of you, you diligently worked on your latest presentation for the new interns that were going to be working in your department.

A constant buzzing sounded next to her, shifting your gaze from your computer to the phone resting beside you, furrowing your brows in irritation, you didn’t like it when something or someone bothers you especially when you were working. However, you reached out to your phone and lifted it to your ear without checking the screen for who was calling.

“Hel- ” Your words were completely cut by the other person on the line that suddenly began speaking when you answered the call.

“Yahh!! Where are you? You know I’ve been waiting here, for 2 hours.. 2 HOURS!! Aishh… You said you’ll pick me up today,but where are you? I didn’t see your cute face here” The man took a breath muttering a quiet whatever before continuing, “I don’t care if you attending a meeting or what, I want to see your face right in front of me in HALF AN HOUR!!! If you don’t, pray for your life ‘cause I’ll never let you see sunlight tomorrow!! Now!!”  

The man spoke quiet loudly yet clear as you just blinked in confusion before the man ended the call.  

“What was that? How dare he cut off the call before I speak?” You muttered slowly, gazing down at the screen of your phone before it turned black. With a puzzled face, you didn’t know what to say staring at her cellphone, before setting it next to your laptop. Shaking your head, confused, and dumbfounded you continued the work that was interrupted by the call from that ‘mad’ person.

A man stood in front of the main doors of the Seoul International Airport, arms crossed while his bags rested next to his leg, a slight breeze blew his brunette hair against his plump shaded pink cheeks. Tiny, lean eyes scanned the pick-up area trying to look for his friend’s car who had promised to be there when he landed.

Everyone from his flight had seemed to find a ride one way or another, yet he still stood on the edge of the curb under the overhang in the concrete parking garage. Thinking back to the promise his friend made him just a night before, he his lips in disgust and pursed them gently while his eyes gently glanced down at the numbers on his phone that read almost exactly two hours past since his flight had landed.

“Aishh!! Where’s that purple freak? I called him just now.. Eyy.. Get ready for your punishment, freak!!” Sunggyu muttered to himself, lifting his eyes gently and scanning the area once more before kicking the air slightly in frustration.

Hoya trotted into his house, grabbing the keys to his sleek sports car before running back out the door and quickly slipping into his car. Revving the engine, he took off towards the airport. His eyes moved from the digital clock on his dash and hissed.

“Sunggyu is going to kill me” He muttered to himself, pressing his foot closer to the floor causing the car to speed up in attempts to get there quicker.

Only a half an hour later, Hoya pulled his car up along the curb with Sunggyu standing alone with his baggage. Watching his narrow eyes glare at him through the windshield of the car, Hoya dropped his head gently and unlocked the back so he could slip his luggage into the trunk.

The door opened slightly after the trunk was closed, Sunggyu slipped into the passenger seat and quietly pulled the seat belt over his form.

“Mianhae, Sunggyu-hyung” Hoya bowed to his elder before lifting his foot off of the brake and then slipping it to the gas, pulling away from the curb and on the route back to Seoul.

“Did you have something more important than to pick me up or something?” Sunggyu’s eyes scanned his phone before placing it on his leg and looking over at Hoya behind the wheel.

“I just lost track of time is all, it won’t happen again” Hoya his lip while one of his hands slipped from the wheel while keeping his other one loosely on the wheel.

“I called to remind you to come and pick me up” Sunggyu’s fingers slowly moved over the smooth surface of his phone, his eyes glancing over at Hoya.

“I didn’t get a call, I just got my reminder on my phone” Hoya confessed, Sunggyu’s eyes drifted back to the road as his mind began to wonder who he called instead of Hoya’s number.

Following the road, he turned up the volume of the radio a little to deplete the silence in the cab of Hoya’s car. A while later they pulled up in front of his hotel that Sunggyu had reserved a few weeks beforehand.

“Have a good stay, Sunggyu. Let me know if you need anything, but don’t get lost tomorrow when you arrive for your internship” Hoya teased with a smile while he helped Sunggyu with his luggage.

“Yah I am more punctual than you are” Sunggyu pushed Hoya’s shoulder lightly as they laughed lightly.

“Maybe I will see you tomorrow and embarrass you in front of all of the cute secretaries.” Sunggyu tried to tease back, yet knowing he can’t really talk to strangers well nevertheless girls.

“You can try” Hoya chuckled as he waved to his friend before slipping back into his car. Making sure Sunggyu got into the hotel alright, he pulled away and headed back home for the night.

An exhausted sigh slipped from your lips once you stepped inside your home, unbuckling your heels from your feet, you slowly eased your tired feet onto the cool tile below. Lifting the purse from your shoulder, you hung it up with your jacket as you slowly made your way into the kitchen to pull out some left overs that you had made for yourself a few night ago.

Flipping on a few lights around your place, you slipped the left overs into the microwave before you shuffled to your bedroom to go change into some pajamas for the night. Hearing the beep from the microwave a few minutes later, you finished changing and headed out to grab your food.

Stirring the warm food slowly, the delicious smell of food almost made your knees go weak as you blew on some of the food and slipped it into your mouth. The delicious spices danced on your tongue, your eyes closed in bliss while you leaned your body against the edge of the counter, cocking one of your legs, you ate a few more spoonfuls of food before the garage door opened.

Watching your twin brother come through the door, he slipped his shoes off and tossed the keys in the basket by the door.

“Something smells good in here” Your twin remarked after taking a deep breath. “What are you eating?”

“Nothing special, just left overs” You remarked, stirring your food around a little more to cool it down. “Where did you go? It isn’t like you to go out this late at night without going to a party and staying out the rest of the night, Hoya.”

“I had to go pick up a friend from the airport and dropped him off at his hotel” Hoya ran his hand through his hair before pulling the door of the refrigerator open allowing his eyes to scan the contents of the refrigerator.

“Oh” You replied quietly wondering if that had something to do with the odd call that you go earlier while you were in the office.

“How was work today?” Hoya pulled an apple out and rubbed it on his sleeve before taking a bite out of it.

“Same old” You shrugged your shoulders lightly, shifting your weight from one of your legs to the other. “How was work for you?”

“Not bad, I just got assigned a new project, it is a month long so I should probably start on it” Hoya replied between chewing of his apple. “Are you working on any new assignments?”

“No, I just had to prepare my presentation for the interns that are coming in tomorrow” You finished off your dinner and washed the Tupperware that it was contained in before drying them off and slipping them back into a cabinet.

“Good luck with them” Hoya smiled and finished off his apple soon after, “I might stop in and see how it is going.”

“Sure but only if you bring me lunch” You chuckled turning to see his killer smile pull on either side of his lips.

“I’ll see… that is a little tall of an order, especially coming from a younger sister” He teased glancing over at you to watch your reaction.

“Yah I am only a minute younger than you, you can’t seem to let that go after how many years” You push his shoulder as he just laughed.

“I have to make sure that you know” He playfully remarked

“Yeah… sure” You nodded your head as you grabbed your phone from the counter and yawned a little. “Goodnight Hoya” You cooed

“Night Sis” He sang after you as he walked around the house, locking the doors and windows for the night while you retreated to your room. Flipping off the lights, Hoya made his way to his own room as the two of you slept for the rest of the night.

Arriving early to work, you got your presentation all set up in a conference room, running through what you were going to say to the new interns, you paced around the room before there was a quiet knock on the glass part of the door.

“Excuse me, is this where the interns meet?” A kind voice asked as you spun around seeing a man in the doorway perfectly dressed in a charcoal suit with a stunning tie.

“This is” You nodded as he bowed to you and found his seat as he looked over some of his notes as your eyes slowly gave him a once over.

A few minutes later, the room was filled with eager, wide eyed interns. Standing in front of them, you felt slight butterflies in your stomach while you waited for you supervisor arrived. Once your supervisor arrived, you jumped right into your presentation on what the interns will be doing and what they will be learning about. Explaining that they were preassigned to different divisions of the company, you started to read off their names and the divisions that they would be working in for the next three months.

“Enjoy your first day and work hard” You bid them a goodbye, watching all of the interns both ladies and gentleman get up from their seat you turned around and gathered your papers hearing their chattering voices slowly file out of the room.

Turning around, your eyes fell on one man that didn’t leave the room, stopping in your tracks, he rose to his feet and gathered his things under his arm before he bowed towards you.

“May I help you carry some of those for you, Miss?” He asked politely as you tilted your head gently to one side.

“Shouldn’t you go to your division, I am sure they could use a sharp intern like yourself” You shot a smile in his direction before placing a few more papers under your arm.

“My division leader is you, Miss ______” He politely bowed and showed you the list where his name was paired with yours.

“Oh I see… well then.. Kim Sunggyu let’s head back to the division and get started” You smiled and bowed to him as you saw a slightly pink hue grow on his cheeks.