Chapter 3

Ice Crush

 

‘Hello guys! You’re here! Come join our friends here and take a seat!’ My overly excited teacher cried upon our arrival

‘Teacher! Could you please come outside for awhile?’ A student called out to her and she went out of the hall.

I looked at the intimidating group of students, whom all, I assumed, where the top students in the whole level. They looked into our eyes with no hint of interest, and watched us awkwardly entered the hall.

A group of them snickered and gave us weird looks.

‘Who got the ice cold prince and the dumb girl here?’ A guy folded his arms and shook his head. His name which I found out later was Kris

‘Don’t be rude!’ Another guy whose name was Lay spoke.

I looked at Minseok, slightly dumbfounded that we have been thrown with a bunch of insults even though we were strangers.

He walked right up to Kris and looked down at him expressionlessly,

‘Move away.’

Kris snickered and glared at him. ‘What did you say?’ He rolls up his sleeve as though he was ready to fight

‘Move away.’ Minseok said in the same monotonous voice.

Just when Kris was about to throw a punch, teacher came back and broke the silence

‘Alright everyone! All the group of pairs here are to compete in a series of challenges. The winner for the competition not only gets to represent our school in the Annual Science Fair Competition, but also wins a pair of tickets to Japan!’ She squealed.

Oh my god. Japan.

I know how much Chanyeol wants to go to Japan. He always talks about the anime and the ramen and the weather and the seafood and pesters me to bring him there one day. This might be the chance.

‘But only one pair can win one pair of tickets. And you have to go with your partner.’

Go with my partner… Minseok? I barely knew him, how am I going to stay with him in a foreign place?!

The boy whose face was forever expressionless turns to me and laughs.

I think he doesn’t understand the situation yet. ‘Why are you laughing Minseok?’

‘Well, I guess we are going to Japan, together.’ He gave the best gummy smile I have ever seen in my entire eyes and I was momentarily lost in my fantasies.

He wants to go to Japan? With me? But I’m not outstanding or pretty, my character isn’t really the best and attractive. I couldn’t find any reason why he would want to go with me.

I glanced back at him, and felt my heart beat slowly picking up its pace.

He is really good looking, I may end up just falling for you…

I thought but quickly erased the thought by letting out an awkward laugh. ‘Haha, why don’t you beat Mr Kris at Math first?’

‘Why don’t you beat me at everything first?’ He snickered, and a wave of humiliation crashed upon me.

Wow Kim Minseok, I don’t know if I actually like you or hate you.

‘You might be the best in class last semester, but this semester, you are going down.’ I grinned

‘How promising. Why don’t we bet?’

Bet? I remembered [TP1] my last bet with Chanyeol and left me in shudders.

But my competitive spirit challenged me.

‘Okay lets bet. The loser will need to grant a wish, and no matter what, the wish must be fulfilled!’ I said half excited.

‘So.. What if I asked you for the Moon?’ He chuckles.

‘Anything but that! So we are on! I suddenly have the urge to study now. See you around.’ I gave a pat on his shoulder which leaves him slightly puzzled. But I didn’t care. I was ready to beat Minseok.

 

I was trying really hard to concentrate on algebra when my phone rang for the nth time.

It says ‘Jerk Yeol’. Urgh, there was no way I’m going to concentrate without him calling.

‘Yeol. What’s up?’

‘YAH! OPEN THE DOOR YOU #@$*&(@&*$!^_4__!*’

He was outside? I semi-ran to the door and saw a drenched pup Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

Hi guys :D THANKS FOR READING!! please suscribe if you liked it. It will truly make my day!

On the side note, my exams are over and hence, THE HOLIDAYS ARE HERE. YES.