Two Melodies

Fulfilling a dream

Chapter 11

''Two melodies?'' Ji-yeon asked while she and Soon-young walked into the practice room.

''Yeah, it's one of Zion.T's songs. One of my friends and I had used this song for a performance. Do you know it?''

''I'm not sure. Can I listen to it?''

''Of course.'' He connected his phone to the speakers, looked for the right song and selected it.

Soon-young looked at Ji-yeon while she listened to Two Melodies. Slowly, a smile appeared on her face. She turned to Soon-young. "It's really nice! And I think we can make an amazing choreography with this beat."

Soon-young nodded approvingly. "I knew you'd agree."

Ji-yeon stood up. "Do you want to start? Maybe there is a dance move that you had used when you made a choreography with your friend, and want to use again this time."

"You can start, if you want." Soon-young was actually curious about what moves Ji-yeon would come up with.

"Eh... I usually improvise first and then use some of those moves as inspiration for the choreography, but..." Ji-yeon stopped talking and looked at the ground.

"...you don't want to improvise when I'm here?" Soon-young continued instead. He saw that Ji-yeon gave him a sheepish smile. "What do you think about doing it together again?" he proposed.

Ji-yeon considered that idea for a few seconds and then nodded. "Let's do that."

☆☆☆☆☆

''Hyung!'' Seok-min quickly walked to Ji-hoon. "Have you seen Soon-young hyung?"

"He went outside a few hours ago. Why?"

"Our manager wants to talk to him and the other members of the performance unit. Do you have any idea where he is?"

"Is it urgent? He said he would be back before practice starts."

Seok-min shrugged. ''I think so.''

''Why don't you try calling him?'' Ji-hoon suggested.

''Did he bring his phone with him?'' Seok-min asked while he grabbed his phone, not actually waiting for an answer.

''Probably.''

☆☆☆☆☆

''Woah!'' Soon-young exclaimed.

''Why? What?'' Ji-yeon looked up, surprised because Soon-young suddenly said something after they had only danced to the song a few times without speaking.

 ''We've been improvising for a while, but you keep coming up with different moves. It's like you're a queen of improvisation, or something.''

Ji-yeon had to chuckle. ''A what?''

''I'm just saying you're really good.'' Soon-young said, this time sounding very serious.

Ji-yeon didn't really know what to say, because of his serious tone. ''Thank you...'' she said slowly. ''And you're really a good dancer.''

Soon-young wanted to say something else, when Ji-yeon noticed the clock. ''Oh, it's already time for lunch. I should go and help my dad.''

''I'll help him.'' Soon-young said. ''Then you can practice by yourself for a while, if you want.''

''...why?''

''It looked like there were some things that you wanted to try, but didn't do because I was here...''

Ji-yeon started to play with her fingers. Once again, Soon-young saw exactly what was on her mind. She really didn't want to, but she still didn't feel completely comfortable while dancing with someone else, even though it was Soon-young. Nevertheless, she felt like that slightly uncomfortable feeling would disappear soon.

 ''Sorry...'' she mumbled.

''Don't be sorry.'' Soon-young smiled. ''You've danced on your own for ten years and suddenly I show up. I can understand why you feel that way.''

Ji-yeon didn't say anything. Even though she couldn't do anything about it, she still felt sorry.

''So then it's settled, right? I'll help your dad and you can practice here. I'll let you know when you can come to eat.''

Ji-yeon nodded and they exchanged smiles. Soon-young left the room and Ji-yeon walked to Soon-young's phone to play the song again. I'll just practice a new move and show it to Soon-young after we eat our lunch, she thought.

It worked out faster than she thought and she decided to play the song completely once so she could include her new move. However, the song stopped playing halfway and instead, Soon-young's phone vibrated. Ji-yeon stopped dancing and looked at the screen.

'My friend Seokminnie~'

She thought it would be impolite to answer someone else's phone, so she waited for the caller to hang up. A few seconds after that happened, this 'Seok-min' called again.

It seems urgent... Ji-yeon thought. She decided to pick up the phone and just tell Soon-young's friend that Soon-young would reply soon.

She answered the call. ''Hel-''

"Soon-young hyung, where are you? Come quickly, our manager wants to talk to us!"

''Eh... excuse me...'' Ji-yeon began. ''Soon-young will be back soon. Is it urgent? I could bring his phone to him...''

It was quiet for a few seconds. ''What is it?'' someone on the other end of the line asked the person who had spoken earlier.

''It's a girl's voice.'' the latter whispered, sounding a bit surprised.

''Ah...'' Ji-yeon heard the other person say. ''Wait, give the phone to me.''

Ji-yeon could hear some noise until one of the boys started to talk again. ''Hello,'' he said. ''You're Soon-young's friend, right?''

''Yeah...'' Ji-yeon answered.

''We're his friends too. I'm Lee Ji-hoon and the person who just spoke to you is Seok-min. Is Soon-young there?''

''Ah, he was - I mean - is. Well, he's in the same building, but on another floor.''

''I see. If possible, could you give him his phone?''

''Yes, I'll go to him now.'' Ji-yeon answered and walked to the door. After opening the door, she saw that Soon-young was already walking up to her.

''Oh, Soon-young! Your friends called.'' Ji-yeon said while she handed him the phone.

Soon-young gave her a slightly surprised look, took his phone and brought it to his ear. ''Hello?''

''Hey Soon-young, our manager wants to talk to you and the other members of the performance unit. Can you come here?'' Ji-hoon asked.

''Our manager?'' Soon-young asked before he realised that Ji-yeon was still standing next to him. ''Ah, I'll come as fast as possible.'' He added quickly.

Ji-yeon looked quizzically at him. ''Why? You have to go?''

Soon-young nodded. ''My friends need me, sorry. I'll come again tomorrow.'' He paid close attention to her expression and luckily she just seemed to be relieved because he said he would come again. ''By the way, your dad and I finished preparing lunch. You can go upstairs and eat. I'll just get my stuff and go to my friends.''

''Okay.'' Ji-yeon smiled and they both walked to their apartment.

☆☆☆☆☆

When Soon-young arrived at the company's building, he immediately went to the room where the other members of the performance unit and their manager were. After they had talked about the plans for the choreography of their next album, Soon-young and the others walked to the practice room. Since they were here anyway, they could as well just start practicing already. Seok-min walked to Soon-young once he noticed that the latter entered the practice room.

''Hey, where were you? Who was that girl?'' he asked. Then he added something while whispering. ''Girlfriend?''

''Just a friend. A close friend.''

''Is something bothering you? You look a bit...''

Soon-young sighed. ''Seok-min, do you know a lot about girls?''

''Eh?''

''That girl... Ji-yeon... she's my childhood friend. I think we're starting to become really close again, but... I didn't tell her about Seventeen yet.'' Soon-young said slowly.

''So what's the problem?''

''I feel like I should tell her, but I don't know how.''

''Of course you should tell her! If you're close, you shouldn't keep a secret from her.''

''But she-! Ah, never mind. I just don't know how to tell her now...''

I should really tell her. Tomorrow.

 

 


What do you think of the poster (for Fulfilling a Dream)?? I like it ^^
If you're bored (or if you're not), you should watch this (web) drama: It's called 'To be continued' and it's about 3 idols who go back in time to a few weeks before they were casted. It's fun ^^
sujung87, ginger1111, enyo_kpop_seventeen, Puddingieee, sirhanbin, elfinitexo, lollibaek, EverythingIsOkay, hayoung19, XDebbieSiro, sung_yonggie and kpopper98, thank you for subscribing!! And thank you for waiting ^^