What's up with him?

Fulfilling a dream

Chapter 10

Soon-young and Ji-yeon talked while they sat on a couch in the apartment. Ji-yeon's father was watching TV in his room.

"So... you'll come here every day?" Ji-yeon asked after Soon-young explained to her why he was in this building. He had told her that Mrs. Park had called him to ask if he had some time the next week to meet up with Ji-yeon. What he didn't tell her was that after the phone call, he quickly asked the other members what their schedule for the next week was like. They weren't very busy that week, so Soon-young knew that he was able to meet up with Ji-yeon a few hours each day.

''Yeah.'' He nodded. ''But I was wondering,'' he paused for a few seconds, ''that audition... eh... you said you had auditioned, right?'' He spoke slowly.

''Ah...'' Ji-yeon was reminded of the audition again and remembered how sad she had felt when she failed completely. ''Yeah...''

''What kind of audition was it? I mean, what did you have to do? Make a choreography?''

Ji-yeon shook her head. ''We had to choose a dance and copy it...''

''I got it!'' Soon-young smiled. ''Ji-yeon, the reason that you failed is not that you're not good enough. It's because you didn't have the chance to show them what you can do!'' He continued when he saw that Ji-yeon looked puzzled. ''You're an amazing choreographer. But you've never copied a dance before. If you had, I'm sure you would be good at that too.''

''I don't think that was the problem... I'm just not confident enough to dance in front of other people.''

Soon-young grinned. ''But you've danced in front of me.''

''But that is... different.'' Because I know you won't look down on me if I'm bad...

''There will always be people who say you're bad or not good enough. But the important thing is that you like doing what you do. And you do, right?''

''Of course!''

''What do you think about making a choreography together? Just like what your father suggested.''

''Together?'' Ji-yeon couldn't believe what she heard. That was something she really hoped they could do someday. ''I'd like that.'' She smiled, which made Soon-young happy too.

''Great!'' he exclaimed. ''Then let's start tomorrow. Okay?'' He stood up.

''Are you leaving now?'' Already?

Soon-young nodded. ''I shouldn't enter the dorm too late. Luckily it takes only about five minutes to go there.''

''Five minutes? What university do you go to then?''

''Eh... let's talk about that another time, okay? I should really go now.''

''Ah... okay... see you tomorrow.''

''Yeah.''

☆☆☆☆☆

''Hey, you're back? Where did you go?'' Lee Seok-min, one of the members of the vocal unit with the stage name DK, asked the older boy.

''I met a friend.'' Soon-young replied while he grinned.

''Friend? Someone I know?''

Soon-young shook his head. ''Not yet. Hey, I'm going to sleep.''

''Already? We don't have to wake up early tomor-'' Soon-young had already closed the door after he gave his friend a smile.

What's up with him?

☆☆☆☆☆

The next morning, Soon-young woke up early to go to the apartment where Ji-yeon and her father stayed.

''Why are you up already? Are you going somewhere?''

Soon-young turned around to see Ji-hoon giving him a quizzical look. ''Ah I... promised to meet up with a friend... but I'll be back in time for our practice.''

''Friend?''

''Childhood friend. And you? Are you going to your studio?''

Ji-hoon nodded and grinned. ''Must be a special person. Have fun.''

☆☆☆☆☆

Ji-yeon walked out of her room after she had washed up. It was still early, but she hoped her father would be awake already so they could eat together. But what she saw when she opened the door to the living room surprised her. Or rather, who she saw.

''S-soon-young?''

Ji-tae laughed. ''He wanted to have breakfast with us. You don't mind, right?''

Ji-yeon quickly walked to her father. ''Dad... you could have warned me. I didn't even put on any make-up.'' she whispered.

''Don't worry, you're still pretty.'' Ji-tae shook his head. He still didn't understand why some people try to hide their faces with make-up.

Ji-yeon looked at Soon-young, who smiled in response. ''Hi, Ji-yeon! You can just sit down, your dad and I already prepared everything for breakfast.''

Who can say no to that? Ji-yeon quickly sat down. They all ate and talked.

''So you guys are really going to make a choreography together?'' Ji-tae asked.

Ji-yeon nodded. ''But we didn't choose a song yet.''

''About that...'' Soon-young began. ''Do you have a song you want to use?''

''I have thought about it, but... I didn't come up with one yet.''

''I see...'' Soon-young said. ''Then... can I suggest something?''

 

 


Tbh, I don't know how I feel about this chapter :/ 
ChaoticPulse, MinJiNa, Hanna27, Andin0797, teenpiniteu, chobyeol and han_byul, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! 50 Subscribers~ :D