The Date

That Annoying Sunbae (editing on progress)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: The Date
A/n: the movies I talked about in this chapter isn’t really played at the same time XD

“I don’t want to give you my autograph, because that means I give you my permission to get close to him” Jiyong said. “I don’t want. I don’t want you to get close to him. You’re mine, Lee Sungmin”
Sungmin stares at him confusedly. “What—“
“Lee Sungmin, I like you” Jiyong said.
And as if those words has some really dangerous meaning, everyone just stares at him in shock.
There’s a moment of silent as Sungmin just stares at him blankly. 
“Jiyong, you didn’t—“ Kyuhyun stops talking when he realizes that Sungmin’s there.
Sungmin smiles at Jiyong. “Yes, Jiyong, I like you too” she said.
Everyone’s eyes widened in shock to her response. “Really?” Jiyong asks excitedly.
Sungmin nods. “Yes, I like you too. You’re one of the bestest friend I can get!” She said excitedly. “So don’t be jealous of Kyuhyun oppa”
“But, Minnie, that’s not—“
“I know, I know, don’t be shy Jiyong. You’re also my best friend”
There’s a moment of silent. Kyuhyun laughs.
“Why are you laughing?” Sungmin asks as she stares at him weirdly.
Kyuhyun smiles as he pinches her cheek. “No, you’re just too cute” he said. ‘Yeah, too cute and funny’ he adds in mind. “Anyway, Minnie’s right, Jiyong, you don’t need to be ‘jealous’ towards me” he said as he emphasized the word ‘jealous’.
Jiyong bit his lower lip irritatedly. “Unfortunately, I’m not jealous of you, hyung”
“Really? Then why don’t you just give your autograph? I’m waiting”
Jiyong sighs as he forces himself to smile. “Okay, where’s your book?” He asks.
Sungmin smiles happily. “Yay! Thanks Jiyong! Here it is” she said as she gave him his notebook and pointed a blank space beside her handwriting ‘Kwon Jiyong’.
Jiyong signed the paper and give it to Kyuhyun. “Here it is. Happy now?”
“Totally” Kyuhyun said. “Anyway, Minnie, want to watch a movie with me this weekend?”
“Me? Why me?” Sungmin asks.
“Because Donghae is having a date with his girlfriend and it’s too disgusting for me to watch a movie with Changmin. People might think we are gay” Kyuhyun said.
Sungmin raises an eyebrow. “What movie?”
“It’s no mushy romance or rom-com” Kyuhyun said. “Finding Dory. You like it, right?”
“why all of a sudden you’re asking me?”
‘To thank you for showing me Jiyong’s priceless expression’ Kyuhyun thought. “To celebrate something” he said instead.
“But… I think I have something else to do…”
“Oh, come on, this is just a friendly date. Or should I even call it a date? We’re brother and sister, and we’re just going to watch some kids’ movie” Kyuhyun said.
“Then Jiyong should go with us too. He’s also your brother”
“Jiyong has something to do with someone this Sunday. Right, Jiyong?”
“You can’t do this to me” Jiyong said in english.
“Why can’t I?”
“You’re the one who told me to do that mission, and you’re the one taking a head start and take benefit from it”
Kyuhyun flashes a smirk. “Jiyong, I never said we’ll fight fairly” he said. He turns towards Sungmin who seemed confused. “He said that he’s kinda busy this Sunday”
“Well… Okay?”
“Good. I’ll fetch you at your house, Sunday, 10 A.M.”
“Wow” Heechul said. “Did he just… Ask you for a date?”
“We’re just going to watch some kids’ movie”
Everyone knows the reason why Kyuhyun chose a kids’ movie. He just doesn’t want her to know that he just wants to spend time with her.
“That’s still a date” Ryeowook said. “While someone just got rejected here”
“Who?”
“Someone whose name begins with Ji and ends with Yong” Heechul said teasingly.
“Jiyong?”
“No, Ji HyunYong” Ryeowook said, making up names.
While Sungmin just nods.
Seriously, can’t she realize that people around her are hiding something?.

~~~***~~~

“What are you doing here, early in the morning?” Donghae asks Kyuhyun who is standing in front of his house.
Kyuhyun rolls his eyes. He stares at his watch. “It’s 10 A.M. Already”
“Yes. But still, why are you here?”
“Where’s your parents?”
“Busy. Why are you here?”
“I’m going to kidnap your sister”
“My sister? Oh, Minnie” Donghae said before he yawns. There’s a moment of silent. His eyes widened. “Wait a minute, did you say kidnap?”
Kyuhyun nods. “Well… Not really kidnap, since she agreed to it”
“Agreed to what?”
“Date” Kyuhyun said calmly.
Donghae didn’t say anything as he just stares at him in shock. “Wait a minute” he said before he slammed the door close. “Hey! Lee Sungmin!” He shouted as he quickly ran upstairs.
Sungmin went out of her room. “Oppa, I’m not deaf!”
Donghae glares at her suspiciously. “Why are you so dressed up?”
She stares at herself. She’s just wearing an oversized tee with a shorts, and a pair of white sneakers. “Is this what you called dressed up?”
“Why don’t you tell me you have a date today, huh?”
“Oh, so he’s already here?”
Donghae stares at her as if she had gone crazy.
“What?”
“So you’re dating my best friend but you didn’t tell me”
Sungmin rolls her eyes at him. “Lee Donghae, we’re just watching some kids’ movie. This is just a siblings’ date” she said before leaving Donghae at the staircases.
Donghae sighs. “This is like trusting a bunny to a wolf” he said. “She’s too innocent”

~~~***~~~

“What’s with Donghae?” Sungmin asks when Kyuhyun gave her a paper cup of lemonade
“What what’s with him?” He asks as he sits beside her on the sofa in front of the studio. They arrived a bit too early and there’s still 30 minutes left before the movie starts.
Sungmin takes a sip on her lemonade. “Well, he seemed panicked”
Kyuhyun smiles. Of course he is. He must know what Kyuhyun is thinking behind all his “siblings date” plan. That it was just a sugarcoated term for “wanted to be with you”. He just can’t trust his innocent sister to a guy like him. “Don’t mind him. He’s just weird” he said. “Anyway, what time is his date with Hyukkie?” He asks, changing the topic.
Sungmin shrugs. “He didn’t tell me” she said.
There’s a moment of silent as they don’t know what to say. “Hey, isn’t that Jiyong?” Sungmin asks. “And Ms. Kang?”
Kyuhyun gulped nervously. “Where? I don’t see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter