That Devil is My Brother

That Annoying Sunbae (editing on progress)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: The Devil is My Brother

 

A/n: okay, I'm sorry for the late update. I know I usually updated every two weeks with this pattern: My stupid idol-That Annoying Sunbae-My stupid idol-That annoying sunbae every week. Actually I was sick and hospitalized :/ besides, I have a target to end my other fic, 'my stupid idol' before EunHae enlisted (but if I fail to chase the deadline, I'll finish it before Siwon's enlistment). So I need to change the pattern into two 'my stupid idol' updates in a week and one 'That Annoying Sunbae' in a week.

 

Changmin, Donghae and kyuhyun are having lunch at their school's cafeteria.

"So... What's Minnie's progress in the club?" Donghae asks. "I heard that she joined the speech contest?"

"Correction. Kyu makes her join it" Changmin said.

Donghae raises an eyebrow. He turns towards Kyuhyun. "You make her join? What does that mean?" he asks. He gasps in shock when he realizes something. "Don't tell me that you guys are already a couple?"

That's when Changmin laughs. Kyuhyun blushes upon hearing him. "Aish, I've told you, I don't like her!" he said. "I-I just said that she's cute. Not more, not less"

"And the last time you said that a girl is cute is when we're still in Junior high, and it turns out that you like that girl" Donghae said. "And you just realized it after that girl moved to New York"

"Oh! I remember that one! He cried for a whole week!" Changmin said. "And he keeps on cursing himself for being stupid"

"Shut up before I shut it for you" Kyuhyun said towards Changmin.

"Aww~ don't be like that, Kyu" Changmin said. "We have good intentions here"

"Yeah. We just don't want the same tragedy to happen" Donghae said. "Even though I don't like you for my sister, but you're still my friend, and I don't want you to be sad"

Kyuhyun sighs. "All this 'I like her or not' thingy are so complicating! I've tried telling people that I don't like her but you guys keeps on telling me that I was just being denial!" he said.

"Because you're making it too obvious that you like her" Changmin said. "Try to listen to your heart, and you'll know the answer"

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes. "Very good Changmin" he said. "For someone as evil as you to talk about love"

Changmin chuckles. "At least I have a girlfriend, unlike you" he said.

"Anyway, Kyu, just stop being a kiddo who doesn't know anything about love" Donghae said.

Changmin and Donghae were still giving him advices when they notices that he's not looking at any of them. They both follows his gaze and sees Sungmin, standing in front of the cafeteria door, carrying a tray with her.

"Hey" Changmin said as he snaps his finger in front of Kyuhyun's face. "Just go there and help her if you want. We don't mind"

Kyuhyun quickly shook his head. "No! Why would I help her? It's not like I care!" he said.

Changmin chuckles. "I know you care. I can see it in your eyes" he said.

Kyuhyun sighs. He tried not to look at Sungmin, but failed. "But... She seems to be having a hard time carrying that tray" he said.

Changmin and Donghae pretended not to hear that but they were flashing this big fat teasing smile on their lips.

"Changmin, can I ask you for a favor?" Kyuhyun asks, still looking at Sungmin's direction.

"Yes? What's that?" Changmin asks even thought he already has an idea on what he's going to ask.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Sungmin was carrying her food tray at the cafeteria when she meets Changmin. She bows her head at him. "Hello, Changmin sunbae" she said.

Changmin smiled at her. "Hey" he said. He stares at Sungmin and her tray. "It seems that you're having a hard time carrying it all by yourself. Do you want me to help you?"

"No, thanks Sunbae. I don't want to be a burden to you" Sungmin said as she flashes a smile towards him.

Changmin chuckles. "No worries. You'll never be a burden to me" he said. "Besides, someone will scold me if ever I let you having a hard time"

"And who is that?" Sungmin asks as she raises an eyebrow.

Changmin laughs awkwardly. "Well... Haha... Just... Someone I know who... Really loves you?" he said.

Sungmin stares at him even more confused than before.

"I mean, your... Brother! Yes, your brother. Donghae. He's your brother, right?" Changmin said awkwardly.

Sungmin nods. "How could you know that he's my brother?" she asks.

Changmin gets her tray from her hands to change the topic so he doesn't have to answer any questions from her anymore. "Where's your table?" he asks.

"Thanks a lot, sunbae" Sungmin said politely. "It's at table 9"

"Ah~ that table where Heechul and... Who's that girl?" Changmin asks.

"That's Ryeowook. She's also a club member but she's not present yesterday" Sungmin explained.

Changmin nods. He frowns when he sees Jiyong sitting there, too. "Here comes the fly" he thought. He doesn't really like Jiyong from the very beginning since he thinks that Jiyong is really trying to looks like a hero to Sungmin and that kinda annoys him--and so does Kyuhyun, of course. "Minnie, I hope you're not offended, but what's your relationship with Jiyong?" he asks.

"Jiyong?" Sungmin asks. "Nothing, just a friend. Why did you ask?"

Changmin shook his head. "Nothing" he said. "Anyway, have you find an un-biological sibling in our club?"

Sungmin shook her head. "No, not yet" she said. "I thought the due date is next month?"

"No, we changed the due date at the last minute of our meeting. The due date is next week. Are you not paying attention?" Changmin asks.

Sungmin shook her head. "Sorry" she said. "Thanks to your devil friend" she adds in mind.

It was right that she wasn't paying attention because she was too busy cursing Kyuhyun and all his crazy commands for her.

"That's okay" Changmin said.

"Ah, by the way, Changmin sunbae, do you already have an un-biological siblings?" Sungmin asks.

"Sorry, Minnie, I already have two sisters. And that's the maximum amount" Changmin said.

Sungmin nods. "What about the other seniors?" she asks.

Changmin thinks for awhile. "Kyu is the only one available" he lied. The truth is, Changmin only has one sister. He haven't got another one yet. While the others barely got one yet.

Sungmin sighs. "No, please not him" she thought. "But... Kyu sunbae already has Jiyong?" she asks when she suddenly remembers that Jiyong said that he wants to be Kyuhyun's brother--because he doesn't want Sungmin to be his sister--.

"Aish, that fly" Changmin muttered. "Did Kyu accept him?"

Sungmin shrugs her shoulder. "Jiyong said Kyu sunbae accepts him" she said.

Changmin sighs. "He told us to spare Minnie for him and he accepts that fly as his brother. Like, what the does he wants?" he thought frustratedly as he remembers their 'emergency meeting' last week.

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"You guys need to spare Lee Sungmin for me. She's mine" Kyuhyun said towards the other seniors.

He had told them to stay after the meeting because he has something to tell them.

All of them stares at him in confusion--well, except Changmin and Kangin of course.

"What the..." Minho said. "You told us to gather here after the meeting just for you to say that? Seriously, is she some kind of your girlfriend?"

Kyuhyun blushes at his question.  "No, she's not my girlfriend!" he said. "I just want her to be my sister. I've promised her brother"

"But what if she doesn't want you to be her brother?" Jonghyun asks.

"Yeah, Jonghyun is kinda right" Kangin said. "Come on Kyu, I know you like her but you're being too... Um... Possesive towards her. She might hate you"

"I've got a feeling that she already hates you" Changmin said. "Besides, can't you see that Jiyong guy? He really tries to be a hero"

"And I think that's more sweet instead of a guy who wants to make that girl notice him by being annoying" Victoria said with a hint of sarcasm.

But instead of feeling offended, Kyuhyun just laughs. "Just let him be" he said. "Anyway, this isn't because I like her. I don't even know if I like her or not. But I've already promised her brother that I'm going to be Minnie's brother here"

"Okay, back to my question, what if she doesn't want you as her brother?" Jonghyun asks--again.

Kyuhyun flashes a smirk. "Isn't that easy?" he asks.

Minho stares at him suspiciously. "Don't tell us that..."

"Yes. You guys needs to lie. Tell her that I'm the only senior available" Kyuhyun said.

"She's going to hate you even more if she finds out" Changmin said.

"No, she'll never find out. Just tell her that all of you already has two siblings" Kyuhyun said.

"You're crazy" Minho said. "What if we can't find two siblings?"

"That's easy" Kyuhyun said. "I've count the number of Juniors. And it's fix. Every seniors got two siblings"

Kangin shook his head. "Okay. We'll just go on with your flow" he said. "Just make sure that you will not be trapped on your own game. We're just like a real family. We doesn't want you to be sad if ever she hates you"

"Why would I be sad? I don't like her" Kyuhyun said. "I just said that she's cute whenever she'll be nervous"

Kangin sighs. "Seriously, when will you stop being a kid?" he asks. "You like her. You just don't realize it"

Kyuhyun shrugs his shoulder. "Whatever" he said.

And that does means that he's starting to doubt if he really doesn't like her or not.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Changmin sighs upon remembering it. He turns towards Sungmin as he flashes a fake smile. "It's okay Minnie. Every seniors can have two siblings" he said. "Just like me. I've got two sisters"

"But... What if Kyu sunbae doesn't accept me?" Sungmin asks.

That's when Changmin laughs. "Oh my god. Minnie, that's like the most stupid question ever" he said. "He may give you some really hard task or what, but he will never reject you"

And that was supposed to cheer her up. But instead, she gulps nervously. "Really hard task?" she thought. "He's a devil! His task will be really hard for sure!"

She was still busy with her own world when suddenly she realized that she already arrived at the table eight.

Everyone greeted Changmin. Changmin just smiled in return. "Hey everyone" he said.

"Changmin sunbae, why are you here?" Jiyong asks. He's feeling quite jealous because from the way he sees it, it seems that Changmin's attention towards her is... Not free. He must have a reason behind it.

Changmin flashes a fake smile towards him. "Don't get me wrong. I was just helping, I'm a gentleman" he said.

Jiyong still staring at him suspiciously.

Changmin rolls his eyes at him. "I have a girlfriend. She's your Victoria sunbae" he said. "Ah, by the way, Jiyong, I heard from Minnie that you're now Kyu's brother. Is that right?"

Jiyong just nods his head. "Yes. Why?" he asks.

"Why?" Changmin asks. "Why did you choose him of all the seniors?"

Jiyong just stares at him blankly. "Well... Because... I just like him" he lied. The truth is that he actually wants to be Kyuhyun's brother because he doesn't want Sungmin to be his sister-- she can fall for him even more if that happens. "I like his style"

Changmin flashes a not so obvious smirk. "Did Kyu gave you any task for you to finish before he consider you as his brother?" he asks.

Jiyong shook his head. "No, nothing. He didn't gave me anything" he said.

That's when Changmin sighs in frustration. "What does that boy want actually?! Is he trying to be a saint?! Seriously, he's--" he stops talking when he realized that Heechul, Sungmin, Ryeowook, and even Jiyong is shooting him a weird glare. He holds his lips when he realized that he just said that out loud. He coughs softly. "Anyway, Minnie, you need to ask him soon. I'll be going. Bye!" he adds before going back to his table.

Sungmin just stares blankly at his back. She turns towards Ryeowook when she realizes something. "Wookie, you haven't got an un-biological siblings yet, have you?" she asks.

Ryeowook just shook her head. "Why?"

"Then why did Changmin sunbae told me that the devil is the only senior available?" Sungmin asks suspiciously. "There should have been at least two seniors available" she just shrugs her shoulder as she sat herself next to Jiyong.

And she's still haven't notice that Kyuhyun is staring at her from table 5.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Today is Sungmin and Jiyong's last practice with Kyuhyun for the speech contest. But the truth is, this is more like Sungmin's practice instead of Jiyong's since Kyuhyun has told him to just sit and watch a video about speech while he 'taught' Sungmin the basics of speech.

"Minnie, how many times do I have to tell you that don't ever let your voice shakes whenever you're telling a speech!" Kyuhyun shouts as he ruffles his hair irritatedly--well, they're not practicing in the library today. They're practicing in a gamea and comics rental, so it's okay to be noisy since the place is already noisy.

"I-I'm sorry" Sungmin whispers softly. "Aish, you can just tell me in a proper way. No need to shout!" she adds in mind.

Kyuhyun sighs. "Repeat from the beginning" he said.

That's when Sungmin and Jiyong stares at him in shock. Well, it's already 7.30 p.m., besides, Sungmin just did a little teeny weeny mistake at the closing part. Why does he needs to be so strict?. "B-but sunbae, it's pretty late. My parents will be mad at me if I will arrive home late" she said. "I mean... I'm a girl. Unlike you and Jiyong who can protect yourselves if ever something bad is approaching"

"That's okay. I'll just drop you at your home. Easy, right?" Kyuhyun said. "I'll just tell your parents that you're with me"

"Spending the whole day with you is already pretty annoying. And now, I need to spend more time with you in my way home. Like... Seriously?" Sungmin thought irritatedly.

Jiyong coughs to catch their attention. "Sunbae... I think you'll just worsen the situation if you tell Minnie's parents that you're with her" he said. "You see, they must've been pretty worried that their daughter is coming home late. And when she arrives, she's with a boy. It'll just worsen the situation"

Kyuhyun just stares at him without saying anything--which makes him kind of nervous because he already sees almost all of his evil side. "Well... Jiyong, you're kind of right" he said.

That makes Jiyong flashes a not-so-obvious smile, feeling happy that he safe his crush. "You also think so, Sunbae?" he asks.

Kyuhyun nods. "Yeah, I think so" he said.

Sungmin was shock to hear this because it was like too good to be true.

"If only her parents don't know me. Unfortunately, her brother is my best friend since elementary school, and her parents know me. So, if I tell them that their daughter is with me, it only means they know that Minnie is in the safe hands" Kyuhyun adds.

Sungmin sighs upon hearing him. "I've guessed it. It was too good to be true" she thought.

Jiyong just nods at him since he doesn't know what to say anymore.

"And... Jiyong?" Kyuhyun asks.

"Yes, sunbae?" Jiyong asks.

"Just call me hyung since I'm your brother" Kyuhyun said. "And you can go home now"

"Pardon?" Jiyong asks.

"You can go home now" Kyuhyun said. "You're already good. You don't need anymore practices" he adds.

"B-but, Sunba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter