Autographs

That Annoying Sunbae (editing on progress)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Autographs


A/n: TRUST ME I TRIED TO UPDATE SINCE MARCH (well… I’m a second year in my high school, so I was kinda busy with stuffs and even helped my juniors—re: being annoying just like Kyu XD) EVEN I FINISHED TYPING LIKE 60% OF IT IN APRIL. BUT THEN MY STUPID PHONE STARTED ACTING UP, I CAN’T OPEN QUICKMEMO+ BECAUSE 99% OF THE STORAGE IS USED. I DELETED EVERYTHING ON MY QUICKMEMO+ BUT THIS AND RESET (chapter 10). BUT I STILL CAN’T OPEN MY QUICKMEMO+. IT WAS A REALLY TOUGH DECISION FOR ME >< I WANTED TO UPDATE THIS STORY SO BADLY BUT ON THE OTHER SIDE, RESET CHAPTER 10 IS ALREADY 90% FINISHED BACK THEN SO I DECIDED TO DELETE THIS ONE ㅠㅠ AND OMG I JUST REALIZED THAT KANGIN HAS DOUBLE ROLE IN THIS STORY >< SO I DECIDED TO EDIT IT A BIT AND CHANGED DONGHAE AND MINNIE’S PARENTS TO DONGHAE COUPLE >< WHY NO ONE TOLD ME BEFORE ABT THAT MISTAKE ><


It was break time and Sungmin was currently working on her homework for the next class when suddenly her cellphone chimed. It was a text from Kyuhyun.

‘Go to my class. Now’

Sungmin rolls her eyes. “What does he wants this time?” She asks.
“Who?” Heechul asks.
“Who else? My beloved oppa Cho kyuhyun” Sungmin said sarcastically. “He told me to go to his class now”
Ryeowook giggles. “Well… Maybe he missed you?” She asks.
“Nah, no way” Sungmin said. “I’ll just pretend that I don’t read this” she adds as she locked her phone.
“You’re so lucky” Heechul said. “You got a good oppa like him”
Sungmin coughs. “Excuse me, which part of him is a ‘good oppa’?”
“Well… If it’s my sister, she’ll be mad at me if I dare to ignore her texts” Heechul said. “And she never even bothered to ask my phone number”
Sungmin was about to say something when her cellphone chimed again. Another text from Kyuhyun.

‘I know you’re just pretending to not to read this text. Go to my class. NOW’

Sungmin’s eyes widened. “How could he know?” She asks.
“Maybe it’s what called a lovers telepathy” Ryeowook said without stop writing.
Sungmin rolls her eyes at her before she types a reply to Kyuhyun.

‘I can’t. I’m busy. What do you want to talk about?’

Send. Sent.

She was about to go back to doing her homeworks when suddenly her cellphone chimed again. Sungmin groaned. “Seriously, did he typed texts in LTE speed?” She asks frustratedly.
Heechul laughs. “Well, fyi, a man is always like that when it comes to the girl he likes” she said.
“Are you trying to say he likes me?” Sungmin asks. “No way. He just think of me as his little sister. Besides, he told me he just broke up. And from the way I see it, he’s a bit bitter about it” she adds as she reads Kyuhyun’s text.

‘This is why you need to do your homework at home. It’s homework not schoolwork, you fool. This is about the task you need to do in order to be my sister’

“For god’s sake, did he just called me fool?!” Sungmin shouted.

‘You know I’m busy yesterday because someone called me just to accompany him until he fell asleep. What is it? Just text it’

Send. Sent

Sungmin was just getting her pen to get back to working her homework when suddenly her cellphone chimed—again. She slammed her pen on the table. “Aish!” She shouted as she reads his text.

‘And who is that person?’

Sungmin rolled her eyes at his text. She was about to type a reply when her phone chimed again.

‘I’m too lazy to type. Just go here. You know I’m Donghae’s classmate. Right?’

“If he’s too lazy to type, then what is he doing now?!” Sungmin asks frustratedly.

‘oppa, you have some problems with your memory?^^ if you’re lazy, just go here’

Send. Sent

‘Please note that I’m still your sunbae’

“He’s great at creating final sentences” Ryeowook said as she reads the text. She goes back to writing her homework.

Sungmin sighs. “Maybe he’ll change his mind once I mentioned the old maiden Kang” she said as she typed a reply.

‘But oppa~ this is a homework from Ms. Kang >< she’s going to kill me if I didn’t do the homework’
Send. Sent

“But… I heard from Changmin sunbae…” Ryeowook said. “Ms. Kang likes Kyuhyun sunbae. As in, like, a girl to a man”
Sungmin rolled her eyes at her. “Old maiden Kang is nice to every boys and mean to every girls. Doesn’t already mean she likes him” she said.
“No, no, she likes him” Ryeowook said. “she declared it to the class when Kyuhyun sunbae is absent. She told everyone to back off because he’s hers”
“What? But he’s practically a baby compared to Ms. Kang! Their is… 2 decades?” Sungmin said.
“That’s it” Heechul said. “But, Minnie, why would you care? It’s not like he’s your boyfriend” she adds teasingly.
Sungmin blushes upon hearing her. “well, however he’s Donghae’s best friend” she said. “But, why all of a sudden you talk about old maiden Kang’s feelings towards him?”
Ryeowook was about to say something when suddenly Sungmin’s cellphone chimed.

'Ms. Kang? As in Ms. Kang Soyoung? Why? She’s a kindhearted teacher. Go to my class, now’

“This is what I meant” Ryeowook said. “He never notices her feelings towards him. So he thought of her as a really kindhearted teacher. He even never noticed her treating him special. Or so does Changmin sunbae told me”
Sungmin sighs. “He really need to grow up” she said.
“Yeah, just like someone” Heechul said sarcastically.
“who?” Sungmin asks as she types a reply.
“I don’t know who” Heechul said as she rolls her eyes at her.

‘But, my homework is not yet finished!’

Send. Sent

‘Your text is not sent, I can’t read it’

Sungmin rolls her eyes. "If it's not sent, then how could he know I sent him a text?”
“you know Minnie, I can do your homework if he keeps on insisting” Ryeowook said.
Sungmin stares at her. “Wookie… I’m touched… You really are my best friend” she said.
“Yeah, yeah. But in exchange, treat me at lunch, ok?” Ryeowook asks.
“Ok!” Sungmin said as she stands up and walks towards the door. She was shocked to see Jiyong behind it. “Jiyong? Why are you here?”
“Oh, I was just here to ask… Um, maybe you want to go to the cafeteria with me?” Jiyong asks.
Sungmin pouts, which made him really want to pinch her cheeks. “I’d love to, but unfortunately, Kyuhyun oppa told me to go to his class. He keeps on insisting”
“He… Did?” Jiyong asks as he curses Kyuhyun in his mind. “Well, then let’s go there together!”
“He told you to meet him too?” Sungmin asks.
“Well…no, but he’s my brother too” Jiyong said. “I kinda missed him” he adds which makes Sungmin stares at him shockedly.
“J-Jiyong-ah… Don’t tell me that you…”
“w-wait, you get me wrong! I mean... I miss him as a brother, not more, not less” Jiyong said when he knows where the conversation is heading.
Sungmin pats his shoulders and nodded her head. “It’s fine, Jiyong-ah, I promise I won’t tell anyone” she said. “Okay, then, let’s meet him!”
“b-but, Minnie, I really…” 
Heechul sighs as she stares at their back disappearing behind the door. “Seriously, when will she grow up?” She asks. “How can she didn’t realize that Kyuhyun sunbae just wants to see her that’s why he wanted her to go to his class instead of just texting her the task which was easier?”
“She also didn’t realize that Jiyong did that so that he can disturb her and Kyuhyun sunbae” Ryeowook said. “How I wish she will grow up soon and realize those boys’ feelings for her”
Both of them just sighs


~~~***~~~


"I thought I only asked Minnie to come here, why did I get a plus one?” Kyuhyun asks as he stares at Jiyong.
“well… Jiyong said he missed you” Sungmin said cheerfully.
“What?”
“No!” 
Kyuhyun and Jiyong said in unison.
“I heard that if people keeps on saying things in unison that means that they matched well” Sungmin said.
“that only happens between a man and woman, Minnie” Kyuhyun said.
“Nah, love can always happen towards everyone. Who knows if someday you’ll like Jiyong?” Sungmin asks.
Kyuhyun laughs upon hearing her. “Minnie, there’s a line between innocent and insensitive” he said. “I guess you have both though”
“Insensitive towards what?” Jiyong asks. “You said she’s insensitive. I don’t find her like that at all”
“well… Should I start with how she didn’t realize your feelings for her?” Kyuhyun asks. There’s a moment of silent as he just stares at Jiyong who is blushing profusely and Sungmin who seemed confused. “Or was it just me who thinks so? Well, let’s get back to our main topic”
“Ah, about the task you were talking about?” Sungmin asks.
Kyuhyun nods. “I just want you to collect some autographs. Easy, right?” He asks. “There are only five of them. Now prepare a pen and paper”
“I don’t bring any” Sungmin said.
Kyuhyun sighs. “Hope you’ll remember it then” he said. “First, Shim Changmin”
Sungmin nods. “Changmin sunbae. Next?”
“Lee Donghae” Kyuhyun said.
“What? Donghae? As in my brother Lee Donghae?” Sungmin asks.
Kyuhyun nods. “Yeah. It’s easy, right? Since he’s your brother”
“But—“
“No buts” Kyuhyun said.
‘but Donghae will tell me to do stuffs, like cleaning his super messy room before giving me his autograph!’ Sungmin thought. She just sighs. “fine, next?”
“Kang Soyoung” Kyuhyun said.
“Kang Soyoung as in old maiden Kang?” Sungmin asks. “you’ve got to be kidding me!”
“hyung, aren’t you being cruel right now? Asking Minnie to get a teacher’s autograph? Besides, what good does it do to you?” Jiyong asks.
Kyuhyun raises an eyebrow. “why? Ms. Kang is a good teacher” he said in his best innocent expression
Sungmin sighs. ‘no use to explain it. He won’t believe me even if I did’ she thought. “fine. Next?”
“Baek Jungwon” Kyuhyun said.
“Baek Jungwon as in vice headmaster Baek?” Sungmin asks. “you know he hates Donghae!”
“So what? He hates Donghae, but he didn’t hate you. I mean, you’re not Donghae” Kyuhyun said.
‘What ‘I’m not Donghae’’ Sungmin thought. ‘The last time I meet him, he was all judging me and said ‘so you’re Donghae sister’ in a like brother like sister tone’ “but Oppa—“
“Minnie, as long as you didn’t break any rules, it’s fine” Kyuhyun said.
“But Mr. Baek is too sensitive!” Sungmin said. Once, Donghae wear a black shoes with a single white line in it, and Mr. Baek confiscated it. And that’s when he started to think that Donghae is a rule breaker (their school’s rule is to wear all black shoes). And once, Sungmin is a minute late to school—which is overrated. She’s only a second late. It’s 06.59.59 when she arrived in front of the school gate, and when she was about to enter, a second passed, turning to 07.00 in the morning, and Mr. Baek considered her one hour late. And ever since, he thought of the Lee family as rule breakers.
“Nah, he’s not” Kyuhyun said. “Look at me, I’m Donghae’s best friend, but he didn’t hate me. What would made him hate you? You’re a sweet girl”
Jiyong’s eyes widened upon hearing him. ‘How dare he to say that right in front of my face when he knows?’ he thought. He turned around to look at Sungmin, But of course, Sungmin didn’t even noticed the last part of his sentences, making him sigh in relief.
While Sungmin is too busy scanning Kyuhyun’s looks. He’s definitely not a rule breaker. He always wear his uniform neatly without leaving every little details in it like name tags, necktie, etc., wears a proper shoes and socks, unlike Donghae who modify his uniform, and almost never wear his necktie and name tags. “Fine. Who’s the last person?” She asks.
Kyuhyun smiles. “He’s right beside you. Your brother, Kwon Jiyong” he said.
Sungmin’s eyes widened. “Eh? Jiyong? Why?” She asks. It’s like it’s too easy to be true.
“Well… Jiyong is also my brother” Kyuhyun said. “And you guys are going to be siblings too, indirectly. So I guess it’s better if you guys could know each other more”
“But I already know him. He’s my friend” Sungmin said innocently.
Kyuhyun smiles upon hearing her. “No, I just want you guys to be even more close. Maybe like a real siblings, is that wrong?” He asks.
Sungmin smiles back at him. “No” she said. “Now, that Jiyong is here, can I ask for his autograph right now?”
Kyuhyun shook his head. “You can only ask starting from the second break” he said. “The due date is tomorrow, at first break, is that fine with you?”
“Wait, that means I can only look for it today?”
“Of course. It’s only five not fifty. How long are you expecting the time I gave you?”
Sungmin sighs upon hearing him. ‘How could I forgot in a while that he’s heartless?’ she thought. “Well, okay, then I’ll submit this to you as soon as I’m done”
Kyuhyun smiles at her—the smile which used to make her heart flutter, but maybe it has lost all its charms to her. “Great. I’ll see you tomorrow then” he said. “By the way, would you just left me with Jiyong for a while Minnie? I wanted to talk to him now that he’s here”
Sungmin just nods before she left the classroom. As soon as she left, everyone can felt how strong is the rivalry between them.
“Jiyong? I hope you won’t meddle in my business with Minnie too much” Kyuhyun said.
Jiyong laughs. “Are you feeling insecure now, hyung?” He asks. “I’m not meddling on your business, it’s just that you’re too mean. I’m afraid you’ll regret it later”
“look, Kwon Jiyong, I do this my way, and you do this your way, let Minnie choose, which way she likes best” Kyuhyun said even though deep inside he didn’t even thought of everything as a choice. It’s a must. Sungmin must choose him, no matter what.
“Hyung, it’s not about that matter” Jiyong said. “I mean, really, you told her to get Kang Soyoung’s signature when she likes you, she won’t gave it easily, Baek Jungwon’s who hates her and her brother a lot, and even mine? What are you going to do with those?”
Kyuhyun laughs. “That’s senior life, Jiyong. Weird” he said. “But you know what? You’ll see how I’m always one step in front of you when she got all those autographs except yours”
“Why mine? I’ll give her easily”
Kyuhyun nods. “Fine, if you’re so sure now. Go ahead and give her your autographs that easy” he said. “But, aren’t you the one who doesn’t want Minnie to be my sister that you even wanted to my brother? You’re the one who doesn’t want her to be close to me. Think about it, if she finishes this task, it only means that she’ll be even closer to me. It’s a choice, Jiyong. You’re her superman, but I’m the villain who protects her secretly. Now, let’s see if superman can beat the villain. You think what I said towards Minnie is the truth? No. That’s just some sugarcoated words”
There’s a moment of silent as Jiyong knows that Kyuhyun is right. If he give her his sign, she’ll be closer to Kyuhyun, but if he doesn’t, Kyuhyun won’t be able to get closer with her, but on the other side, he also won’t be able to get any closer with her. “That’s not the point” Jiyong said. “Why you give her task while you don’t give me any?”
Kyuhyun flashes a smirk. “You want a task that bad?” He ask. “Fine, I give you a task. Make Kang Soyoung move on from me in a week”
Jiyong’s eyes widened as he suddenly losing all his rivalry aura. He coughs. “Make her move on… How?” He ask even though he already know what Kyuhyun meant. But just in case. He can’t be that mean.
“Well, of course, make her fall for you instead” Kyuhyun said.
“B-but I thought, you don’t realize her feelings to you?” Jiyong asks.
Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Don’t be too naïve, superman. I’m not stupid. She’s like, flirting with me all the time, just tell me a way to not to realize it” he said. “But I pretended like I didn’t. Why? Because I still need her at least untill I graduate from this school. However, she’s a teacher. Who know what will she do to my grades if I firmly said no towards her?”
“ei, hyung, don’t be like that. I’m your brother, right?” Jiyong asks as he flashes his aegyo.
Kyuhyun stares at him in disgust. “Don’t do that. You seemed disgusting” he said.
“Aish!” Jiyong ruffles his hair irritatedly.
Kyuhyun glares at him. “You just said ‘aish’ to me?” He asks seriously.
Jiyong quickly shook his head. “No, no, no!” He said as he realizes that however Kyuhyun is a sunbae. “But hyung, you told me to flirt with a teacher. Isn’t it a little bit too cruel?”
“Which one is the most cruel? The one I gave Minnie or this one?” Kyuhyun asks.
Jiyong sighs. “This one” he said.
Kyuhyun nods. “Glad you finally understand what’s the meaning of cruel” he said.
“Does that means you cancel the task?” Jiyong asks.
“Sorry Superman, but no” Kyuhyun said. “You wanted me to treat you and Minnie the same right? I gave her a task, and I give you too. The due date is Friday, next week”
Jiyong bit his lower lip irritatedly. “Fine. Just wait and see, Villain, I’ll show you that your cruelty got nothing on me!” He said as he left the classroom.
Kyuhyun laughs. “Fighting, Superman” he said.


~~~***~~~


When Jiyong walks out of Kyuhyun’s class, Sungmin is already waiting for him beside the stairs. “Why are you here?” He asks.
Sungmin smiles at him—the smile that made him fall for her in the first place. The smile that made him believe that love at first sight do exist. “I’m waiting for you, of course” she said. “Well, a friend can’t leave each other, right?”
Jiyong flashes a bitter smile. “Yeah” he said weakly. He hate to admit this but Kyuhyun’s right. He’s friendzoned. And even Kyuhyun would have bigger chances than him.
Sungmin stares at him confusedly. “What’s going on? Did something went wrong?”
Jiyong shook his head. “No, I was just thinking about the task Kyuhyun hyung just a gave me” he blurted out.
“Task?” Sungmin asks. “He gave you a task too? What is it?”
Jiyong bit his lower lip. ‘Why did I say that’ he thought. “N-no, not something hard. I’ll do it later” he lied. There was just no way he’s telling his crush that Kyuhyun told him to flirt with a teacher who is like 2 decades older than him.
Sungmin nods. “Ah, anyway, Jiyong-ah, since he also told me to get your autograph, will you just give me now? I promise to keep it a secret” she said.
Jiyong thinks for a while. Kyuhyun’s right. If he give her his autograph easily, it’s like he’s letting Kyuhyun win. “Ah, I think... You need to look for the teachers’ autographs first since it’s harder to get” he said. “I’ll accompany you on getting those autographs”
Sungmin nods. “I think you got a point” he said. “Anyway, no thanks, I know you need to work on your task too! Now, should we head to class together?”
Jiyong shook his head. “Kyuhyun hyung told me I can start working on my task whenever I want” he said, which wasn’t really a lie, though. Kyuhyun didn’t say anything about when he’s supposed to start. “I think it’s better if I start doing it now”
Sungmin nods. “Okay then” she said. “See you later!” She adds as she left him.
Jiyong sighs as he stares at her back. “How I wish that someday you’ll realize my feelings” he said.
“That’s not the problem now, Jiyong” someone said from behind. “If I were you, I better go look for Ms. Kang first”
Jiyong turned around only to see Kyuhyun staring at him while crossing his arms in front of his chest and leaned his back against the wall. Jiyong’s eyebrows furrowed. “What are you doing here?” He asks.
“You think I’m here for you? Nah” Kyuhyun said. “I’m heading to the music room”
“Music room? Why?” Jiyong asks.
“For practice, of course. What else?”
Jiyong stares at him confusedly. “What practice?”
“I’m performing a duet with Kim Yesung from 2-C for this years’ school anniversary” Kyuhyun said. “Anyway, you sounded like my wife”
Jiyong’s eyes widened. “Hyung, do you like me?” He asks. “Just because I look a bit like Minnie?”
Kyuhyun smiles sweetly at him. “Yes” he said. “In million times million years later”
“That’s s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter