Chapter seven

Ghost

Jungkook was floating around the dorm, not exactly knowing what to do about his lack of life anymore. Yoongi had figured out who he was and was no longer fun to play around with. He had of course tried to explain to the rest of the group about him, but no one had really believed him. Only Taehyung showed any sign of considering his existence but group pressure kept him from announcing his considerations. Only that made everything more fun to do. And the rest of the group was now framing Yoongi because his explanation was so ridiculous. Well, seemingly ridiculous. Jungkook almost felt sorry for him. Keyword in that statement being almost.

But Yoongi wasn’t home so he couldn’t really do much. After Yoongi had found out about him and told the others about him, Yoongi was an easy scapegoat. Doing something without him in the dorm would be suicide - even for a ghost. Floating off his position on top of the TV, Jungkook went into the kitchen, feet dangling twelve inches above ground. The room was empty and unoccupied. And it was no fun knocking over pots and pans when no one were using them and no one were sleeping. And he still didn’t have his favorite scapegoat either. He continued floating through the living room where Taehyung, Jimin and Hoseok were playing around on their phones. Not even there was anything fun happening. And that was pretty damn close to impossible with Hoseok and Taehyung in the same room. Jungkook had at least learned that much. That left the bathroom and the bedroom. He didn’t recall having heard anyone go to the bathroom and there was no sound coming from in there. No water sounding, not a constipated groan as someone tried to ease the pressure of their insides. Nope. Nothing at all. Now that left the leader and the oldest to be in the bedroom. Biting his lower lip, Jungkook disappeared through the closed door and scanned the beds. He let out a low cooing sound when he spotted the two last occupants of the dorm, cuddled up one bed, Seokjin behind Namjoon and both of them snoring lightly. Jungkook leaned against the door and sighed happily, clutching his chest.

“They grow up so fast.” He breathed at the spooning pair before he curled his lips into a smirk. He approached them, floating instead of walking and stopped right in front of their bed. He leaned over their frames and carefully reached down in front of Namjoon’s face, fingertips barely brushing over his nose. The rapper let out a low groan and turned around in Seokjin’s embrace, letting Jungkook in on information about them both being dressed in only underwear. He bit his lower lip until he had gone completely transparent before he released the most girly squeal he had ever experienced himself. The turning had made the oldest wake up and he smiled fondly at Namjoon before pecking his nose. With that he closed his eyes and settled back into sleep. Jungkook basically melted from the show of affection. He lowered out through the floor and into the messy bedroom of the dorm underneath their own.


 

Jungkook was hanging from the chandelier in the living room, staring at the fruitbowl below him. Not everything in the afterlife was interesting after all. He was completely immersed in his own world of why fruits were shaped so differently when a voice cut through to him.

“Hey, Jungkook? Are you in here?” Jungkook materialized and looked down at the older rapper.

“I am.” He concluded and watched as Yoongi spun on the spot, eyes roaming the whole room in search for him. Jungkook rolled his eyes and pursed his lips as he waited for Yoongi to notice him. When the rapper spun around himself for the fifth time, Jungkook took pity on him.

“Up here.” He said when Yoongi again was facing his direction but lower. His head snapped up and a wide grin broke out on his face.

“Jungkook! My friend! Come down here. We need to talk.” Yoongi said, all smiles and bright eyes. Jungkook eyed him suspiciously. It was after all the first time he had seen Min Yoongi in such a mood, even more so aimed at him. He disappeared and let himself slip through the chandelier and onto the floor in front of Yoongi before materializing again. The startled gasp leaving Yoongi’s lips was totally worth it.

“Why do you have to scare me like that?” He complained and Jungkook only smirked in return. “Anyways.” Yoongi started and straightened his clothes. “I need your help.”

“My help?” Jungkook asked, a brow raising on his partly translucent face.

“Yes. I’m dying from the between Taehyung and Hoseok. Can’t you do something? I don’t know, just smash their faces together in a kiss or something?” He requested, looking at the young ghost hopefully.

“You want me to play cupid?” He asked, his brows raising in more prominent disbelief.

“Yes! I can’t do it for obvious reasons!” Yoongi pointed out, flailing his hands in front of his body as if his body was at fault for that.

“What do you want me to do?” Jungkook asked, careful not to agree with anything Yoongi might set him up for.

“Smash their faces together. Make them kiss and make love and live happily ever after?” Yoongi asked, eyeing Jungkook wearily. Jungkook knew, that Yoongi knew, his idea .

“I can’t promise anything, but I can at least give it a try. You aren’t the only one suffering under the goggly eyes they can send each other.” Jungkook claimed, making a barfing noise for emphasis.

Yoongi’s grin was blinding as he high fived the ghost - well tried to - whole body stumbling forward and through the youngest in the dorm and onto the other side of him. Jungkook simply turned around, smirk on his face and a chuckle rolling through his lips.

“Some day, you’ll learn, you can’t touch me unless I want you to.” He laughed before he disappeared into thin air. How to make Hoseok and Taehyung see each other?

 

That question luckily answered itself later that day. Jungkook stood behind the group of six, watching over them as they slung around in the living room. Namjoon and Seokjin were holding hands under the cover on the floor. Jimin and Yoongi were sharing a blanket on the floor next to Namjoon and Seokjin while Taehyung and Hoseok had claimed the couch together. They were each slumped over their own armrest, feet and legs tangling on the center of the soft cushions. Taehyung’s head was slumping backwards and his mouth was hanging open. His eyes were closed and completely not focused on the television at all. Jungkook was pretty sure he was asleep. Jungkook moved through the two on the couch and settled in front of them. He didn’t let himself show, but he made himself able to move Taehyung around. He curled his fingers around Taehyung’s ankle and one by one until both feet were on the floor. He moved to Taehyung’s head and gently lifted him up. The slight shift in his weight had Taehyung move around on his own. He turned around, leaning himself against Hoseok’s body. Hoseok looked at Taehyung, surprise more than evident on his face. His eyes turned around in the living room looking at each of the other members. Seeing no one were looking, Hoseok leaned down and brushed his lips against Taehyung’s temple. The singer’s eyes fluttered open and he looked around, taking in his position. His cheeks painted dark with red and he scrambled to get up. But Hoseok didn’t let him. He wrapped his arms around Taehyung’s waist and kept him close, both of their faces matching the tomatoes in their window.

Jungkook left the two to figure out their thing from then and sat down next to Yoongi and leaned in close to his ear.

“Hey Sugar.” He whispered, making the other start. Jungkook placed a hand on his shoulder, pressing gently on his jaw with a finger, making him look at the soon to be couple on the couch. Yoongi smiled and nodded appreciatively at Jungkook.


 

Jungkook was still feeling oddly accomplished about his matchmaking with Taehyung and Hoseok the week before. They were holding hands while watching movies and kissing each other good night. They were always the last ones to finish in the bathroom at night before bed. They were still keeping it innocent and the other members knew that. They couldn’t get to do anything in the time they were missing anyways. Their only purpose of waiting, was to get to kiss each other good night before bed, without showing their affection to the others, respecting their eyes too. Jungkook found it, against better judgement, disgustingly cute and more often than not he was standing right next to them, squealing in his parallel world while jumping up and down. That night was no different. Jungkook had squealed until they had put a step’s distance between them and smiled sheepishly at each other. Taehyung had stepped forward and pressed himself against Hoseok’s chest shortly before he had disappeared into the bedroom, followed shortly after by Taehyung. Jungkook materialized and leaned against the wall. He had brought a fist to his mouth, biting down on his knuckles not to squeal out loud and wake up the boys in the bedroom, or disturb the ones still awake.

Before Jungkook had a chance to react and disappear, the door opened and Namjoon stepped out of the room. Jungkook stared in absolute horror and disappeared for good. In his parallel world, Jungkook stared at Namjoon’s dumbstruck expression and resisted the urge to laugh. He watched the leader rub his eyes before he shook his head and balanced to the bathroom to relieve himself. When Namjoon returned, his eyes were basically glaring at Jungkook who was standing the same place as before. Namjoon had definitely seen him and seemed weary of passing him now. Jungkook really had to resist the urge to materialize and show his face to the other and see him scream.

He floated around all night, listening to the symphony of snores going on in the shared bedroom, watching the drops drip from the faucet in the bathroom and then back to the watch in the kitchen, simply watching the hours tick by. Quite literally.

First one up was Jimin. He sat down in the couch, pulled his phone out and plugged his headphones in. Jungkook was right behind him. He watched how he his music and then switched to tumblr. Just the fact the boy had a tumblr surprised him. Even more so when he saw what Jimin had typed in. The boy was searching for pictures of Sugar even if the images were limited predebut. Jungkook grinned to himself. Maybe it was time for him to play cupid once again and set the only one awake up with the oldest rapper.

Jin woke up slightly later and rummaged to the kitchen without sparring Jimin any attention aside from a low goodmorning that wasn’t returned by the oblivious and slightly drooling boy on the couch. Jimin had switched from tumblr and to his photo album on his phone. He looked at the new pictures he got on his phone from the latest update from tumblr. He edited the photos slightly, simply perfecting what couldn’t really become any better. Jungkook was highly amused by the other’s expression as he looked at the pictures of his bandmate.

It was a while before the other members got up. Yoongi roused as the second last one, sitting down on the couch, placing himself on Jimin’s feet, his back against his shins.

“Morning.” Yoongi greeted him, staring at the wall ahead of him. He was completely oblivious to the pink dusting Jimin’s cheeks as he stuttered out a greeting in return as he made himself comfortable against his legs. Jungkook cackled softly as he watched the two sitting together. He was now sure Jimin and Yoongi had the hots for each other and found it his job to make them realize it themselves too.

 

Jungkook had been plotting all day. And the day before. It had to be perfect. The boys had had a visit from their manager with updates on their debut schedule. Jungkook had listened closely and knew he had to act quick. They would debut no less than a week later, so Jungkook was well aware of the need for him to act quick. Yoongi and Jimin needed to be a thing by the time the group had their debut or they wouldn’t have time to enjoy anything together. So he plotted extra quickly that day. Much to Jungkook’s delight, his plans turned so much easier than he had first thought when the manager announced that four of the members had schedules that night. And that left Yoongi and Jimin home alone - with Jungkook. Right then, Jungkook felt like he had either won the lottery twice or he was staring in some kind of movie where everything just happened to fall into place for him. He felt like Gladstone Gander. He waited the whole day, staying in the hallway of the dorm. He looked at the electric board in wonder for a few minutes, simply looking. Shrugging, Jungkook disappeared through the wall and looked at the back of the board, deciding to follow the chords around the house until he found what he was looking for. Finally finding the chord that entered the apartment from the outside, Jungkook cheered for himself and found out which switch to flip on the electric board. With everything set and ready, he could only sit and wait for the other four to disappear.

 

The darkness had settled over the city and only the lights in all rooms made the two boys left able to see what they were doing. Yoongi didn’t really need it though as he had curled up in bed with his headphones in and playing a game. Jimin was on the couch, watching a rerun of a drama he had at least missed four episodes on due his schedules. Jungkook chuckled heartily to himself as he waltzed into the hallway and killed the electricity. The sound that left Jimin shouldn’t have been humanly possible. Jungkook knew that much. He knew Jimin was good at the high notes. He had heard him practice them in the shower whenever he turned off the hot water. But this was different. It sounded hysterics. Quick steps left the living room and disappeared into the bedroom. Jungkook wasn’t slow to follow.

Entering the bedroom, Jungkook saw Yoongi scooting over in his bed, leaving room enough for Jimin next to him. The ghost approached the two, standing next to them, watching their movements. Jimin had his fingers curled into the front of Yoongi’s shirt and had pulled himself as close to the rapper as he could. Yoongi obviously didn’t know what to do and only laid there awkwardly as a blush crept up his cheeks. Jungkook groaned in his parallel world, wondering what he did to suffer such oblivious idiots as his house mates. He moved to hover above the bed and materialized his hand enough for it to be felt but not enough to be seen.

“One, two three, slap.” Jungkook muttered to himself and landed a flat palm on Jimin’s strong backside. Jimin yelped and pulled back, glaring at Yoongi. The rapper laid completely oblivious to what had happened, and looked at Jimin quizzically.

“Why do you keep slapping my ?” Jimin almost whined. Yoongi choked on air, eyes almost bulging out of their sockets.

“S-slapping your ?” He repeated, brain not catching up to what was being said. “But you’re the one slapping my…” Yoongi trailed off and looked into seemingly thin air. Jungkook on the other hand felt his glare through his very soul and felt a part of him turn cold.

“No, Hyung. You’re the one slapping mine.” Jimin claimed while Yoongi mumbled something under his breath about revenge.

“I didn’t hit your .” Yoongi claimed and was about to continue when Jungkook helpully butted in with,

“No matter how much I wanted to.” Both Jimin and Yoongi looked at each other. Mortification showing on Yoongi’s face, embarrassment on Jimin’s.

“W-what?” Jimin choked out, looking at the elder like he had grown two heads.

“I-I… That wasn’t m...” Yoongi claimed and shook his head almost desperately.

“...my intention to say it like this.” Jungkook helpfully provided, wedged half on Yoongi’s bed, behind the rapper himself and half in the wall.

“No!” Yoongi burst out, panic evident in his voice. “I didn’t mean to. It wasn’t me.” Yoongi claimed as Jimin untangled himself from Yoongi’s limbs. Yoongi reached out and tried to bring Jimin back to him, causing the boy to land almost on top of him. Jungkook laughed excitedly behind Yoongi as he watched the two scramble around for a common ground. He didn’t even mind when he was punched right through the face by Jimin’s attempt to uphold the balance. Jungkook moved when the hand didn’t move, and somehow felt he was invading personal space when Yoongi’s body was literally in half of his own. He stood next to the bed and watched them look at each other. Jungkook would almost call the position they were holding romantic if it wasn’t for the obvious awkwardness and blushing faces and slight mortification on Yoongi’s behalf. He waited. He waited patiently, but they only stared at one another. With no patience left, Jungkook placed a hand on the back of Jimin’s head and pressed down.

“Oh for heaven’s sake, just kiss already.” He groaned, momentarily having forgotten the two could hear him.

But kiss they did. Both shocked at first, they stared at each other wide eyed, waiting for the other to pull back. But when none did, their eyes slid closed and they kissed each other for real. Yoongi lifted his hand from the bad, hit into thin air, obviously aiming for Yoongi before he wrapped the same arm around Jimin’s lower back.

Jungkook’s job was done. Patting himself on the shoulder, he floated out of the room and flopped onto the couch weightlessly.

 
 
AN:// I can honestly say this has been the most funny thing I've written in the story of forever. It took forever too at first as I first intended to write it with a friend, but school happened and it got procrastinated again and again, and here we are. Kaiten3693 should still have credit for some parts of this story as she finished them before school kicked , but I got permission to finish it singlehandedly. 
And here we stand with my very first attempt of a funny(/attempted crack) fic and I can't say I'm disappointed. To me it ended out pretty well. 
Since this was my first attempt with this genre, I'm hungering for feedback so I can improve. Both my humor (or lack thereof) and my writing. 99.99999% of this story as not been proof read. I think only the chapter titles were checked to be honest. Anyways, constructive feedback is HIGHLY appreciated.
Also first BTS fanfic, so feedback on personifications are also very much appreciated.