Chapter three

Ghost

“So what you’re saying is, you want to go for ramen?” Namjoon asked. He had intercepted Jimin as he stepped out of the kitchen, looking like he was going out.

Jimin nodded.

“On the other side of Seoul,” he repeated for clarification.

Jimin nodded again.

“Alone?”

“Yeah,” the younger confirmed.

“Why can’t you go for ramen just down the street?”

“Because these are much better.”

“Then why can’t you bring someone with you?” Namjoon questioned.

“Because, as I said before, I want to have some time alone,” Jimin told him once more with an innocent smile, that Namjoon was sure something was behind.

“Why do I get the feeling that you just want to go to the arcade or something?” he asked looking searchingly at Jimin for a sign of him lying. There was none.

“Hyung, I just want to go for this great ramen place on the other side of the city. It won’t take more than three hours, tops!” Jimin promised him.

“So it’s just ramen?” Namjoon asked once more.

“Yes,” Jimin answered.

“LIAR!” someone yelled barely as Jimin had uttered the word. Namjoon spun on the place in shock to see Seokjin looking around in shock.

“Jimin is lying?” Namjoon asked the oldest who was still wide eyed.

“What?” Seokjin asked distractedly, turning and twisting.

“Is Jimin lying, like you said?” he asked the older once more. What was wrong with him?

“What do you mean?” the oldest questioned finally turning his attention on the two.

“You just screamed ‘liar’, so what you’re saying is that Jimin is lying,” Namjoon explained. “Wait, why am I explaining this to you? Did you just scream ‘liar’ for the s of it?”

“So you heard it too. It didn’t sound like your voices. Do you think it was the neighbours?” Seokjin started looking around again.

“What?” he was confused. Looking back at Jimin he found the younger looking like one big question mark too.

Namjoon shrugged it off. “I want you to promise me it’s just ramen and you’re not going to the arcade,” he told the younger who sighed.

“I swear I won’t go to the arcade. It’s just ramen,” Jimin swore.

“LIAR!” Seokjin yelled again and Namjoon spun around to find the oldest looking around in confusion once more. It would have been quite adorable if it wasn’t because he had just yelled.

“Hyung, if you know something about this please tell me instead of yelling,” Namjoon pleaded.

“How can those neighbors be so loud?” the oldest wondered instead, completely ignoring Namjoon.

“Seokjin-hyung. Either you stop yelling and tell me what you know, or you stop yelling and go,” he snapped.

Seokjin focused on Namjoon with a chill in his eyes. “Forgot who is the oldest, did you now?” he asked with a fake smile as he stepped closer. Who knew Seokjin could look so scary?

“No hyung, I’m just getting tired of the yelling,” he hurriedly said.

“If I’m wondering whether or not it’s the neighbors, do you think it’s me?”

“No?”

“So you can use your brain, I was doubting it for a second,” Seokjin smiled as he stopped up in front of him.

“I’m sorry hyung, it’s just, if it wasn’t you, then who was it?” he asked.

“Neighbors, I don’t know,” the oldest shrugged.

A door closed in the background. Namjoon looked for Jimin. He was gone.

“Was that Jimin that left?” he asked Seokjin.

“Yeah, wasn’t he going to the arcade to play a bit?”

“WHAT?”

“What?” Seokjin asked.

“He’s not supposed to go there! He just promised me he was going for ramen across town!” Namjoon exclaimed.

The older put a hand on his shoulder. “Oh Namjoon. You really need to figure out how to read the others. Jimin’s lying face is obvious. He looks too innocent. He overdoes it,” he told him.

Namjoon facepalmed. “I’m going to get in so much trouble for this.”

“Too bad,” Seokjin smiled, clapped his shoulder twice and went into the kitchen.

“Should’ve listened,” Jungkook told the lone boy in the hallway, who started twisting and turning to find who said that. With a cackle, the ghost floated on to watch some tv with Hoseok.

 

Yoongi was going out of their bedroom, enjoying he could sleep in. For once he had no schedules to prepare for while the other five members were working their asses off. He stretched, not caring that his shirt was riding up. No one was home to scold him anyways. He walked through the hallway, remembering the situation with Jimin a few days prior. He still hadn’t forgiven the boy for calling him sugar.

“Hey Sugar.” Yoongi stopped up again. The memory had been far more vivid than he had first expected it to be. Running a hand through his hair he shook his head as if to rid himself from the memory. He continued his walk, heading straight for the bathroom. He left the door open - he was home alone anyways - and headed straight for the toilet. He had just pulled his pants down when he heard the front door open to their apartment. Panicking, Yoongi pulled his pants up and made a mad dash for the door.

“Hey Sugar.” It sounded again. Yoongi clenched his fists in anger. Now it wasn’t a memory. He was sure of it. He tore the door open and entered the hallway only to face no other than Jimin.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” He seethed, stomping towards the younger.

“Me?” Jimin asked, face pulled in folds of confusion. Yoongi didn’t buy it. That brat was acting.

“I told you never to call me Sugar again.” He growled. Jimin’s expression didn’t change at all. He still insisted on acting innocent.

“I...I didn’t.” He claimed and Yoongi felt ticks rise to his eye. He took several deep breaths to prevent himself from detaching his head from his body.

“I heard you. There was no one else here but you.” He countered, still not believing what he was hearing.

“But it wasn’t me.” He claimed stubbornly. Yoongi let out a frustrated groan and threw his arms into the air. In the process he knocked his hand against the wall, but not to lose face he went straight to the bathroom and slammed the door shut before he shook his fingers to ease the pain. He stepped forward, past the sink to reach the bathroom when Jimin spoke again.

“Hey Sugar.” Yoongi took a deep breath and decided to ignore it for now. His bladder forced him to ignore it. Quickly relieving himself, he stomped out of the bathroom, hands barely dried after washing his fingers. “Hey Sugar.” Yoongi groaned angrily as he continued through the apartment and grabbed the back of Jimin’s shirt and yanked him backwards.

“What the hell is your problem?!” Jimin shrieked when he was suddenly losing his balance.

“You have called me Sugar three times since you entered that door. What the hell is your problem?” Yoongi retorted, anger burning in his eyes. Jimin shook his head frantically. He was frustrated and angry but also confusion was evident in his eyes.

“I didn’t call you anything! You must be hearing things!” Jimin shouted at him, only making Yoongi all that more angrier that Jimin wasn’t respecting his hyung.

“Hearing things?!” He exclaimed, anger very evident in his voice. “Are you calling me crazy now?!” He demanded to know, pushing Jimin up against a wall in their living room. Jimin stared up at Yoongi befor he gave him a shove away.

“Hell no. But you’re acting it.” He growled. Jimin stepped forward as Yoongi was still trying to regain his balance. “You might need to get your hearing checked.” Jimin growled and gave Yoongi another shove, right past a mirror hanging next to the door to their bedroom.

“Hey Sugar.” The mirror said and both boys stopped up.

“You didn’t…” Yoongi trailed off and turned to look at his reflection in the mirror. Jimin had paled in front of him and stared at the mirror too.

“Okay. Okay. Truce. We are both crazy and none of us say a word to the others?” Yoongi managed to choke out before looking at Jimin. The younger nodded in agreement and then scrambled off to do whatever.

 

Jimin walked through the door to the apartment, stretching far enough to reveal his abs under his shirt in the process. He yawned long and wide for several seconds before he remembered covering his mouth might have been a good idea. He shrugged at the thought and entered the apartment. No one at home cared anyways. He closed the door behind him and noticed how the entire apartment was left in silence and absolute darkness, safe for the light coming from the streetlights through the windows. He toed off his shoes and tiptoed through the apartment towards the bathroom. On his way he passed the coffee table in the livingroom where his cap had been placed earlier. He leaned to the side and stretched out his arm to grab the cap and just as he thought he had it, it moved. Jimin stopped instantly and looked at the accessory. It had moved? He blinked a few times and shook his head as if it would rid him of the thoughts that had moved into his head. It couldn’t have moved at all. Could it? He reached out for it again and just as it came within reach, it moved again. Jimin jumped back a step and stared at the object in disbelief, rubbing his eyes. It had just moved. It had just moved. He had seen it. He had seen it for sure. He shook his head, turned around and headed into the bathroom. That couldn’t be true. He would shower and hopefully wash off all the magical stuff that had infected his mind and he could pick it up afterwards.

He didn’t take long showering. Only did the obligatory washing and rinsing before he stepped back out of the shower again, dried himself off and headed into the living room again. He took a deep breath and looked towards the coffee table only to find the cap entirely gone.

“Aright guys. It’s not funny.” He said though his voice wavered pitifully. He wasn’t scared. No. He was terrified. “Guys, stop playing with me.” He requested and looked around for his cap. He was going to kill whoever had been playing him when he found out who it was. He was forever going to deny how scared he was just then. He made his way towards the bedroom. He opened the door and found all of the other members asleep in their beds. He didn’t know what freaked him out the most. The fact that everyone were asleep or the fact that everyone was asleep so they couldn’t have been pranking him with the cap. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone. He quickly the flashlight so he could see his way to his bed. Only right in front of him, a little above his own height, hang his cap from before. He let out an embarrassing scream and the cap jolted, turned around mid air and hovered a good six feet away from him. Which in fact only caused him to scream louder. All five of the members asleep in their beds woke up, carrying the same expression on their faces. All faces were painted with horror and worry. Five pairs of eyes turned to him and he clutched his chest tightly with one hand and pointed towards the floating hat with the other.

“I-it’s moving.” He stuttered out and just before they all looked where he pointed, the cap flopped onto the floor from where it had been hovering.

“Jimin stop playing.” Hoseok said and rolled his eyes. “There was absolutely no reason for you to wake us up and throw your cap somewhere, pretending for it to be able to fly on its own. That’s ridiculous.” He said and laid back down immediately. Jimin looked around at the other members for help but they had all either gone back to sleep or were shaking their heads at him. The most painful one would be Yoongi clicking his tongue disapprovingly at him before turning his back towards him. It wasn’t fair. The cap had moved on its own. He would swear on whatever he held precious that it had.