Chapter six

Ghost

Jungkook was sitting on the dinner table, legs swinging back and forth under the furniture. He was watching and observing the people around him silently. Everyone were doing their own things. They were supposed to be a group. Why didn’t they do anything together. It had Jungkook wonder, but not for long. He had been sitting in the living room for the better part of an hour and no one had moved aside from turning a page in a book, turning around on the couch and throwing their head back in agony when they lost a game on their phones. No one had said a word in about an hour and it was driving Jungkook crazy. He looked around the people and the one looking most frustrated with his game was Namjoon. He had a feeling he would give up soon. So what other option did Jungkook have but to stand next to him and brush a finger across his screen to make him die? None. So that’s what Jungkook did. The leader shot up as a troll from a box, successfully scaring everyone else in the room. Namjoon stomped off and out of the room, heading for the bathroom. Jungkook he was coming up with new ways of dealing with his temper. But that wasn’t enough to please his need of cheap laughs. He needed to find something more to do for his own entertainment. He had noticed

    Namjoon was just getting out of the bathroom. It had taken incredibly long time of making faces at himself in the mirror with the cold water running over his hands for him to calm down enough to face his bandmates again. He was convinced he would have killed all of them if he hadn’t left. He turned off the tap and walked back into the living room. He looked to his right surprised when the sound of something hitting the floor sounded. He wanted to look in, but Jin stormed by the same second, landing a slap on his as he passed. Namjoon had let out an undignifying sound and both him and Jin stopped dead in their tracks.

“Did you just..?” Jin was the first to break the awkward and immediate silence that had settled in the room.

“N-no. But…but did you just...you know…” Namjoon raised a palm and motioned a slap towards Jin’s and then pointing to his own. The oldest spluttered at the accusation and shook his head as blood colored his cheeks.

“N-no! You just hit me.” He said, voice high pitched and confused. Namjoon and Jin had a short staredown in the living room before they turned to the other members of the group.

“Okay, which one of you did it?” Namjoon asked, pointing to the others who were looking just as confused as the two on the floor.

“None of us did.” It came carefully form Jimin as he eyed them. Namjoon narrowed his eyes at the four scattered around in front of him.

“We couldn’t have passed each other and both felt a slap on our asses when none of us swung a hand.” Jin argued and Jimin shrugged in response.

“I didn’t see what happened. It was Namjoon’s squeal that got my attention.” He said before he settled back against the armrest of the car and continued his game.

“Hyungs, I know it should be obvious. It is obvious to all of us. Just accept the between you two. None of you hit the other, but it was tension that came to bite your asses.” Taehyung said and settled down too. Jin and Namjoon shared a short look before they went in their own directions, both blushing profusely.

    Now if that wasn’t entertainment, Jungkook didn’t know what was.

 

Hoseok heaved a long sigh as he pushed himself off the couch in the living room. They had gotten home from a long day of practicing in the BigHit building. All the others had gotten their fair share of the warm water in the shower and now it had gotten to Hoseok’s turn. He had let the younger go before him. He had felt sorry for the pitiful and exhausted expressions they had pleaded him with. He stood in front of the couch, eyes looked at the TV, determined to get the last couple of minutes watched of the show he had been watching. He wasn’t really in a hurry, he was just tired. But one minute more or less shouldn’t really matter.

When Hoseok reached the bathroom, he found it odd that the door was closed. Taehyung always left the door open for the room to unfog after his showers. Taking the oddity into a count, Hoseok knocked on the door carefully but received no answer. Finding that quite odd too, Hoseok his heels and went to the bedroom. Walking inside silently, he made a headcount. Five beds were occupied and that left only himself back in the dorm. Knowing he wouldn’t interrupt anyone know, Hoseok went back and opened the door, only to be met by a thundering scream.

Hoseok slammed the door shut and stumbled backwards in sheer horror of the scream.

“W-what the ?” Hoseok asked himself and shook his head. “You’re seeing things. You’re tired. Just open the door and it will be over.” He told himself. Just as his hand reached the handle, the toilet was flushed and the sink started running. Blinking in confusion, Hoseok took a few steps backwards before he decided to go back and do a headcount.

Jin first. Then Namjoon. Taehyung, his own bed, Yoongi and lastly Jimin’s bed. Only his own bed was empty, and this time he checked by hair. They were all in their beds snoring away. He ran his hand through his hair as he went back to the bathroom. He was going crazy. He could feel it. Taking a deep breath he went straight for the bathroom and pulled the door open. As expected, the room was empty, but still Hoseok felt a wave of relief wash over him. Maybe he wasn’t going crazy after all then. He stripped off his clothes and kicked them against the wall as far away from the shower cubicle as possible. He reached for his towel and placed it on the toilet so it was within reach and pulled the shower curtain aside. Nothing could have prepared him for what he saw. A ghost. Or at least transparent human was standing stark in his shower, pretending to rinse out his hair.

“Can’t a ghost have his privacy?” It asked and Hoseok nodded dumbly.

“Yeah, uhm...sure.” The dancer mumbled, almost stumbling over his words before he staggered out of the bathroom, completely disregarding his state as he went to the bedroom. Thankful the others were asleep as he climbed into bed. Ghost didn’t exist. He was just tired. Exhausted to the point where he was seeing things.

 

Yoongi found himself soaked deep into the warm water filling the bathtub. His eyes were closed and he was enjoying every moment he got for himself. The other five had schedules and weren’t home and Yoongi should be damned if he didn’t use this chance to relax completely in solace. He was daydreaming of a sandy beach somewhere, perched underneath palm trees and waves at his feet. It was basically paradise on earth. He was the edge of falling into a dreamless sleep when he heard something rustling in the bathroom. Reluctantly he opened one of his eyes and scanned the room. No one was in there, so he closed his eye again and made himself comfortable in the tub again. Once again he was on the brink of sleep when he heard the water splashing.

“Hey Sugar.” Resonated through the room and Yoongi froze on the spot.

“I’m going crazy.” He whimpered softly. “It’s not real. It’s not real. It’s not real.” He chanted to himself like a mantra before he opened his eyes just to be sure. No one was in the bathroom but him. He let out a sigh of relief before he caught glimpse of something - or someone - in front of him. With the cutest smile imaginable, a half transparent figure sat in the other end of the bathtub. Yoongi let out the most embarrassing, high pitched scream he had ever made as he pulled at the soap bubbles to cover his body from the transparent intruder.

“W-who are you?!” He demanded to know, arms still pulling at the water desperately to cover his private parts from the transparent intruder. Of course without reaching too far towards whatever it was.

“Name is Jeon Jungkook.” The figure replied, leaning slightly forward and making an obvious attempt to peek through the bubbles. Yoongi blushed profusely. The spirit didn’t even bother to be subtle about looking.

“What are you?” He stuttered out next, legs curling up to cover and hide as much as possible from Jungkook’s exploration. Jungkook looked up his face and tilted his head, lips pursing into a thoughtful line.

“Why don’t you make a guess, Sugar?” He asked, the nickname throwing Yoongi a little off the loop for a second. He shook the feeling off and stared at the transparent human he was currently sharing bath water with.

“Angry spirit?” Yoongi guessed, looking at the kid closely. “You know, if you see a light, follow it.” He said pointing towards the light shining above the fogged bathroom mirror. Only thing he got in response was a loud clear ringing laughter and a little splashing at the water.

“You’re cute. I’m a ghost. I don’t see any light. I have lived here for quite a while. But I have to admit, you six are the funniest I’ve experienced.” He said and made himself entirely too comfortable in the tub considering he was sharing it with a Yoongi, and definitely hadn’t been invited.

“We’re funny? You’re the one having made all this ruckus in the dorm?” Yoongi asked, finally having things add up somehow. Jungkook shrugged in return and leaned forward again, trying to peek through the bubbles once again.

“Damnit, would you mind? Get out of the tub. I’m ! Leave. I’m coming out.” Yoongi said, curling up around himself and looking at Jungkook expectantly.

“What? You don’t expect me to..?” Jungkook questioned and threw his head back laughing. “There’s nothing I haven’t seen before. I saw you last week in the shower. Someone’s pretty fond of Jimin.” He commented and wagged his brows. Yoongi felt himself grow hot under his skin and he splashed at the water aiming to hit the supernatural intruder, only for the ghost to disappear into thin air.

“ me.” Yoongi groaned and scrubbed his hands over his face.

“Oh I would love to.” Jungkook’s voice sounded right next to him and Yoongi lashed out at thin air and groaned again.

“.”

“Don’t tease now.”


AN:// Not exactly a long chapter. But the last parts fit so great together in the last chapter, so I decided to part it like it is now. Hopefully the last chapter will up soon ^^