Chapter 2

The Arrangment

 

 

 

A sigh left my lips as I lied on my new bed.

 

Jessica and I finally got married back in the States, and I finally get the penthouse to all to myself... well… to the both of us now. She’s actually supposed to show up any minute now, so I can’t take that nap I really want to take at the moment.

 

I let out a groan and rolled over to my side. Hopefully, her staying here won’t be too bad. I don’t know how I’ll be able to put up with her. 

 

Minutes passed by and I felt my eyes getting heavy. Maybe a quick ten-minute nap won’t do any harm.

 

---

 

The constant banging on the door woke me.

 

Who the hell could it be at this hour?

 

My muscles ached as I stretched them and I walked to the entrance. “Coming!”

 

I’m pretty sure it’s not Jessica because I specifically gave her the extra key to the door. She wouldn’t be so careless right?

 

I opened the door and surprise surprise. There she was leaning against the side of the door ledge.

 

“Do you not know for how long I’ve been knocking on this stupid door?”

 

My jaw dropped. I stand corrected. Maybe she is. “Didn’t I give you a key to this door? I remember giving you the key and telling you not to lose it.”

 

Jessica looked at me for a minute before she reached into her bag, and I smirked when she pulled out the key. “Shut it. I don’t want to hear a word from you?”

 

I couldn't help but grin as I put my hands up. It's quite hilarious, actually. And her cheeks blushed out of embarrassment.  “Grab my bags and bring them to my room.”

 

Wait. What?

 

Before Jessica could escape inside, I held onto her arm, “Whoa there princess.” She looked back at me and I could tell she was pretty annoyed, “Do I look like a maid to you?”

 

Her brow raised, “When you said our vows, you explicitly said that you’ll take care of me, so chop chop.”

 

My jaw dropped. 

 

THIS WOMAN!

 

Before she could yank my hand off of her, my grip tightened. “Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Hold up. I am not the only one who said that vow. Now, if my memory is correct, in which I am confident it is, you also said the exact same thing, so chop chop princess and get your bags inside. Oh, and just for the record, physical work does not mean you care for someone. I’ll let you know when I am caring for you, but don't get your hopes up because I could care less.”

 

I let go of Jessica and marched back to my room.

 

I swear! This girl is just something else! Here she is coming into my penthouse, and thinking she’s all high and mighty and . What the hell! Ahh!!!

 

“Sooyoung,” A faint knock came from my door, “Sooyoung, please open the door.”

 

Oh, now she wants to be all polite and .

 

“What do you want?” I was a little surprised at how nasally my voice sounded.

 

Oh. My. God. I'm starting to sound like her.

 

Her gaze was trained on the floor. “About earlier… I uhm…”

 

“I’m listening.”

 

She sighed. “I know what it is to care for someone okay? I know it doesn’t just involve physical work. I’m just tired, and I’ve been having a ty day. I recognize that what I did earlier was uncalled for, so can you please help me with my bags? I have more things inside my car, and it would mean a lot to me if you’d help.”

 

You have to be kidding me.

 

“Are you bipolar?”

 

Jessica let out an embarrassed smile. “So will you help me?”

 

I let out a sigh. “Fine, but only because you asked nicely this time.”

 

She smiled, and we walked over to her car to get the rest of her luggage, and might I say that she wasn’t kidding about the extra stuff. She had much more extra stuff.

 

“Did you pack your whole house or something? Geez, I feel like this thing weighs a ton.” I said as I dragged the bag.

 

“Yah be careful with that one. It’s fragile.”

 

I let out a huff and carried it up with all of the strength I had, “Gosh this really does weigh more than a ton.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, and we quickly put everything into her room. “Shouldn’t we be sleeping in one room?” Jessica asked.

 

Me with her in one damn room? It’ll be a nightmare!

 

“Did you just hear yourself?”

 

Jessica rolled her eye and let out a huff, “Think about it. I’m sure our parents will visit, and they will ask us why we are sleeping in separate rooms.”

 

I shrugged my shoulders. “Just tell them that we’re not ready to share a bed yet and that we want to take things slow. That’ll shut them up.”

 

“Sooyoung.”

 

“I’m not sleeping with you in one room. End of discussion.” I walked out of her room, and I heard her slam the door close when I entered mine. Someone has anger issues, I swear.

 

---

 

The phone to my office rang and I answered it. “Sooyoung, your wife is here.”

 

I let out a sigh. “Let her in.”

 

Moments later there was a knock on my door and Jessica stepped in. I put away the documents I was reviewing and looked at her. “Is there a reason why you’re here?”

 

“You're not even going to offer me something to drink or sit down?”

 

I crossed my arms. “Did you forget? You’re my wife. I don’t need to offer you such things. Do as you please. And if you’re thirsty, then just tell me and I’ll get Sunny to get you something.”

 

A small smile formed on Jessica’s lips as she sat down, “Do you have any coffee? Iced coffee sounds great right now.”

 

I called Sunny and told her to get an iced coffee for Jessica. “So... why are you here?”

 

“Can’t I visit my wife?”

 

“Stop beating around the bush Jessica and tell me. I still have a lot of documents to review.”

 

“My girlfriend wants to meet you.”

 

Girlfriend? 

 

“What for?”

 

“She wants to get to know you.”

 

There was a knock on the door and Sunny came in, “Here you go, just like you wanted it.” Sunny placed Jessica’s iced coffee in front of her and Jessica thanked her.

 

“Thanks for everything Sunny. I hope Jessica’s request didn’t trouble you too much.” I looked at Sunny and smiled.

 

“Not at all Soo. I’m more than happy to help.” Sunny smiled endearingly, winked, and then excused herself.

 

“Do you and Sunny have something going on?” Jessica took a sip of her iced coffee.

 

“I consider Sunny as a friend.”

 

She hummed and sipped on her coffee. “From the way she was looking at you, it seemed like she’s interested in you.”

 

Her tone of voice deepened, but I heard her. “We both like to playfully flirt with each other, is there something wrong with that?”

 

She shrugged, “I just think it would be wise to keep a professional environment when you’re at work. Not only that but you kind of are married.”

 

“Did someone forget that she has a girlfriend while being married?”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, “So are you going to meet her?”

 

I smirked. “Yeah why not? Invite her over for dinner. I’ll cook for tonight.”

 

“Oh wow, you cook.” Jessica’s voice oozed with sarcasm.

 

“Stick around for tonight and I’ll give you the surprise of your life.” Jessica smiled, “Whatever. I’ll see you tonight after I pick her up.”

 

Before Jessica could walk out of my office, I called her name and she turned around to see me, “Sunny is married too, by the way.” I saw the small smirk on Jessica’s face when she finally stepped out of my office.

 

I leaned back into my chair and closed my eyes.

 

Why the hell did I tell Jessica that?

 

---

 

“Hi, you must be Sooyoung.” Jessica’s girlfriend held her hand out to me, and I wiped my hands before I shook it.

 

“Yes, I am. It’s a pleasure to meet you…”

 

“Yuri. Kwon Yuri.”

 

I smiled. “Yuri. I hope you like what I cooked for us this evening.”

 

“I’m sure your cooking will be delicious just by the smell of it.”

 

“I like your girlfriend, Jessica. She has manners and is very modest.” Jessica rolled her eyes at me. “Just serve the food already.”

 

I let out a small laugh and did as she said. “I’m going to guess that you’ve witnessed some of my girlfriends cold like attitude.”

 

Jessica playfully slapped Yuri’s shoulder. “I am not that cold.”

 

I smiled. “To tell you the truth, I still witness it on a daily basis.”

 

Jessica glared at me. “Yah. That’s only because you ask for it.”

 

“Excuse me princess, but I’ve been very patient with you these past few days.”

 

“You’ve been patient? You mean I've been patient. I constantly have to put up with your eating habits, and not to mention that loud alarm clock of yours.”

 

“Some people have better things to do than to just sleep like a log on their beds' princess, and I’m a very active person, so I need to eat the quantity that I do since I burn it off easily. You, on the other hand, sleep almost all day, don’t clean up your mess after you’re done using something, and can’t even do her own laundry. “

 

“I’ve actually been very busy lately thank you very much, so that can explain why I haven’t been able to clean up after myself and that also explains why I’m usually asleep when you get home.”

 

I heard Yuri clear , and I looked at her. “Sorry. I’m pretty sure Jessica over here has told you that we don’t get along very well.”

 

Yuri smiled, “Very. The food is delicious by the way.”

 

“Thank you.” I then looked over to Jessica, “See princess, at least someone recognizes good food when they taste it.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and continued to eat. “Whatever.”

 

Stubborn as ever.

 

“So how did you two meet?” I asked Yuri.

 

Yuri smiled. “My girlfriend and I actually met at a club.”

 

Well isn’t that surprisingly interesting? “A club you say? How did that go for you?”

 

“We hit it off pretty well for your information, unlike other people,” Jessica responded for Yuri.

 

“I’m going to guess that you two didn’t get along well even from the beginning.”

 

I nodded, “Jessica was quite rude when we first met.”

 

“Can you not speak of me like I’m not in the same room as you two.” Jessica’s voice grabbed my attention.

 

“I’m sorry Jagiya.”

 

“It’s okay Seobang.” Jessica sweetly cued and I internally puked at the scenery. I cleared my throat so that I could break the overly sweet atmosphere these two were making.

 

“Sorry about that. My girlfriend and I tend to block out everyone else around us sometimes.”

 

Does she constantly have to refer Jessica as my girlfriend? I know she’s her girlfriend. She doesn’t have it say over and over again. “That’s funny. I tend to do the same thing only I usually think of the other person who’s in front of me.”

 

I’m sure that hit one of Yuri’s nerves because her face darkened, “So Sooyoung, I’ve heard about the ‘rules’ both you and Jessica have made in your relationship. Not invading someone’s personal life is enlisted am I right?”

 

“You have been informed correctly. She maybe my wife but personal issues are dealt with separately.”

 

Yuri nodded, “I hope it stays that way.”

 

My eyes narrowed and before I could say anything, Jessica beat me to it. “You know Sooyoung, you were right. This is quite the surprise. This is so delicious. You should cook this more often. I really like it.”

 

Jessica switched the topic and the rest of the dinner went by smoothly. Yuri and I didn’t really talk to each other much, and Jessica had been doing most of the talking, which I was grateful for.

 

“Well Sooyoung, it was nice having dinner with you while it lasted.”

 

“Likewise.”

 

“Oh and uh before I forget, don’t worry about having to stick around for long. I’ll take care of that for you.”

 

I smiled. “Good luck with that. You’re going to need it.”

 

I held out my hand and Yuri shook it firmly, but before she could walk away, she gave my hand a tight squeeze.

 

Jessica took Yuri home and I cleaned up the mess that was made from the dinner we just had. I’ll be honest. I don’t like Jessica’s girlfriend. Something about her just seems off.

 

Once I was done, I walked over to the living room and the television. Might as well kill some time while I wait for Jessica to get back.

 

---

 

“Do you know exactly what time it is right now Jessica?”

 

I looked away from the television to see Jessica walking into the apartment.

 

“No one asked you to wait up for me.”

 

“Didn’t I say I wanted to keep any outside relationship a secrecy?”

 

I turned off the television and walked over to where Jessica stood. “And didn’t we agree that personal life matters would be kept personal?”

 

“I don’t want my father to confront me and ask why is it that you have a girlfriend. I’m sure your father wouldn’t like to know that you’re with one while you’re married, and having you come home at this hour isn’t helping the situation.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. “Maybe that’ll help get our fathers to understand that I’m not interested in you. Instead of having this stupid fake mask in front of them.”

 

“I’m sure you talked with Yuri right? In fact, I’m sure you did a little more than just talk.”

 

Jessica frowned and pushed me. “ off Sooyoung. You’re getting a little too close for my liking.”

 

I let a huff. “Look, I’ll be honest with you. I don’t like your girlfriend. She is a little too… how should I put this?”

 

“Caring?”

 

I let out a laugh, “That’s nowhere near to what I wanted to say. It’s more like possessive and territorial.”

 

“Sooyoung-“

 

“I’m not doing this for you, Jessica. I just don’t want my father to find out, so please try to keep this in secrecy. I’m asking nicely.”

 

Jessica let out a sigh and nodded.

 

“And for the record, I did say I was going to take care of you when we got married. I for one like to stick to my word, so tell your girlfriend that if she dares to get out of line, then I won’t hesitate to put my foot down, and I won’t care how the results will come out to be.”

 

With that, I left to my room and got comfortable in my bed.

 

I’m keeping my word to Krystal. I will take care of her sister, and Yuri isn’t going to stop me from doing just that.

 

---

 

“Oh Sooyoung, you’re such a sweet talker. I wish my husband could be more like that with me at times.” Jessica’s mom playfully slapped my arm and I let out a small laugh.

 

“I just speak the truth Eomma.”

 

“You're too modest.” Jessica’s mom giggled and Jessica joined her.

 

“What are you ladies giggling about?” My father asked as he walked towards us with Jessica’s father.

 

“Sooyoung over here was just confessing her love to Jessica.” I felt the room heat up a bit. I did not do such thing.

 

“Ah, young love. I remember when we used to be as young as them. I would sing to you as I confessed my love for you.” I noticed Jessica scrunch her face in disgust and I chuckled.

 

“I bet he was quite the singer. Am I right Eomma?” Jessica glared at me as if to warn me to stop before they end up talking too much. I only smiled at her and wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

 

“Yes, Sooyoung he was…” Mrs. Jung looked at her husband and Mr. Jung wiggled his eyebrows.

 

Okay… I didn’t mean to set the atmosphere for them.

 

“So Sooyoung.” My father spoke up and I’m glad he did. “Have you two consummated your marriage already?”

 

Jessica’s body (along with mine) stiffened when my father asked that question. I was honestly hoping that neither of them would ask.

 

“I mean you two must have already gotten closer with each other over the months. Am I right?”

 

Geez, couldn’t these questions wait? “I uh…” I looked at Jessica and I could tell she was just as blank minded as I was.

 

“We really haven’t had the time because we’re always so busy with work, and with the upcoming project, I doubt there will be time. “

 

Jessica’s mom let out a heartfelt snort, “Nonsense. What you two need to do is finally go out on that honeymoon of yours. I say a two-week getaway will suffice.”

 

my life. No!

 

Our dads agreed to what Jessica’s mom had said and I smiled, “You know what, that sounds like a great idea. I’m sure that’ll help us get a lot more intimate with out having to worry about work. What do you say, princess?”

 

Jessica looked at me and smiled weakly, “Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.”

 

---

 

“Hi Sooyoung.” I looked up from my work and smiled when Krystal walked into my office, “Hey, give me a second to put all of this away.”

 

Krystal nodded and I put everything where it once was. “Let’s go?”

 

I held my arm out and Krystal linked our arms together. “I heard you and my sister are going out on a honeymoon.”

 

I let out a small whine. “I wish our parents wouldn’t be so nosy about our marriage life.”

 

Krystal giggled. “I’m sure they’re just keeping you two on your toes.”

 

I pouted. “Well I don’t like it. I have enough to worry about with the upcoming project, and having to deal with my marriage isn’t helping.”

 

We got into my car and I drove us to a restaurant near by. “Have you met my sister’s girlfriend by the way?” Krystal asked as we settled down on a table.

 

“Yes. I have. I thought she was well mannered and modest at first, but by the end of our dinner, I thought she was very possessive. I don’t like her.”

 

Krystal smiled. “I’m glad someone else agrees with me.”

 

“You don’t like her?”

 

Krystal shook her head. “She left a very bad first impression on me. I met her before my sister could ever introduce us.”

 

“Ouch. That bad?” I asked.

 

Krystal nodded. “I honestly prefer you over her. Too bad my sister can be so stubborn.”

 

I chuckled. “I agree with you on that one. Your sister can be quite stubborn sometimes.”

 

“And so can you.”

 

My brows shot up. “Me?” I pointed at myself and Krystal nodded. “Yes, you. You and my sister can be quite alike in certain perspectives. You both are just so ignorant and stubborn to accept it.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “I am not like your sister. I for one am trying to keep this marriage stable while your sister is off with another woman, and it complicates my life even more.”

 

“And whose fault is that?”

 

“Hers!”

 

Krystal stared at me and smiled as if to say, “Are you sure about that?”

 

“Okay fine. So maybe I’m at fault too.”

 

“Maybe?”

 

I rolled my eyes. “I’m at fault, okay, but I told her to keep this in secrecy. Your sister can act like such a child sometimes. It’s frustrating.”

 

Krystal giggled, and the waiter came by with our food.

 

“So when are you two leaving for your honeymoon?”

 

I chewed and swallowed my food before answering. “This Friday. We’re leaving to the Caribbean for a romantic getaway.”

 

Krystal smiled. “At least, you’ll be in a relaxing environment. I wish I could go with you two.”

 

“I would invite you, but our parents would think it’s a little off.”

 

Krystal agreed.

 

“Are you going to see us off on Friday?”

 

Krystal looked at me. “Do you want me to?”

 

I smiled and nodded. “You’re my only sister-in-law. I would like it if you did. I’m sure your sister would be glad to see you at the airport too.”

 

Krystal smiled. “Fine. Just text me the time and I’ll get ready to see you both off. “

 

I grinned and thanked Krystal. I’m thankful that I, at least, get along with Jessica’s sister. Krystal is very nice and I kind of wish my sister would go out with me on sisterly dates like this.