Chapter 6

The Arrangment

Enjoy:)

 

“Gosh Sooyoung. She really got you good.” Krystal was looking at a picture Jessica took of me when I first got hurt.

 

“You should see how I left her.” Krystal looked at me. “Do you have a picture?”

 

I shook my head. “Your sister has two on her phone. You’d have to ask her to see them. She wouldn’t send them to me.”

 

“I’m not passing up on that. I would love to see how badly she got hurt.”

 

I smiled. “Jeez, it’s so boring staying at home. I can’t go to work because your sister won’t allow me, and she’s constantly checking up on me.”

 

Krystal smiled. “Could you blame her? She’s worried about her wife.”

 

“I know right. It’s such an honor.”

 

“My sister was right. You’re something else.” She giggled. “I heard about the Milk and Dark Chocolate story.”

 

“You did? What do you prefer?”

 

“I normally like Dark Chocolate, but in this case, Milk Chocolate has my vote.”

 

I grinned. “Milk Chocolate is pretty awesome.”

 

Krystal rolled her eyes. “Stop boasting about yourself. That’s not a likeable side about yourself.”

 

I scoffed. “Is too.”

 

“Oh really?”

 

“Your sister likes it, so I’m not changing.”

 

Krystal shook her head. “Anyhow, want to go out and eat? I’m sure my sister will be too busy to even notice that you left the apartment.”

 

“Sure!” I got up and changed.

 

Krystal drove her car since I couldn’t do much just yet because of my back. I hope that black shiner Yuri got still hasn’t faded. She hurt my back, so I’ll hurt her image.

 

Once we arrived, a waiter sat us down and took our orders.

 

“Do you know why Yuri showed up at your apartment?” Krystal asked.

 

“Yuri was pissed off after what your sister messaged her.” Krystal stayed quiet, and I took that as my cue to keep speaking. “Jessica and I found out that our parents have been keeping a very close eye on us, and we realized it while we were in the Caribbean. So I’m sure she messaged Yuri saying that they won’t be able to meet often and when they do, it’ll be quick. I’m positive Yuri didn’t like the sound of that, so she came rushing to our apartment early in the morning, and that’s how havoc just unleashed between the both of us.”

 

Krystal let out a sigh, “How are you able to go through all this?”

 

“I’ll be honest. I don’t like to share. When I have a girlfriend, then she’s my girlfriend, but your sister is another case.”

 

“How so?”

 

“We agreed to keep our girlfriends in secrecy. I didn’t prohibit it.”

 

“You have a girlfriend!”

 

I looked at Krystal weirdly. “What? No! I just said that in case I ever did, but I don’t find it so necessary anymore.”

 

“Then why won’t you take what’s rightfully yours?”

 

“Because your sister is not an object. If she wants to love me full heartedly, then I’ll replicate those feelings. I’m not scared of doing so. But if she decides to go with Yuri, then I won’t stop her. She was in a relationship before we got married and I’m not going to stop her.”

 

“Have you ever heard people say if you love something, let it go, and if it comes back, then it’s yours to keep and love forever?” I asked Krystal and she nodded.

 

“That’s what you’re practically doing with my sister… you’re so stupid Sooyoung.”

 

I smiled. “A stupid lovesick fool.”

 

“I hope my sister doesn’t hurt you Sooyoung.”

 

I nodded. “Yeah, me too.”

 

The food arrived, and Krystal and I ate as we chatted some more. It wasn’t until minutes later that Krystal received a phone call.

 

“Its my sister.” She held her phone up so that I could see, and I let out a nervous sigh. Why do I feel like I’ll get into trouble any second now?

 

“Hello?”

 

“Yeah she’s with me. Why?”

 

“No, I’m not.”

 

“Of course not.”

 

“Yeah, I know.”

 

“Okay I will.”

 

“I get it. We’ll be back worry hog.” Krystal ended the call. “My sister is home and she wants you back home, so let’s finish up.”

 

I nodded and we quickly ate the rest.

 

When we arrived home, Jessica was watching the television. “Hey princess. Did you miss me?” I kissed her cheek and sat down next to her. “Didn’t I tell you that I didn’t want you to be going out? The doctor said that you shouldn’t be walking around too much just yet.”

 

I smiled. “Your sister invited me out to go eat. Do you really expect me to be locked up in here for days? I need fresh air too princess.”

 

Jessica let out a sigh, “Just notify me next time okay? I was worried.”

 

I smiled. “Of course princess., but you shouldn’t worry too much. You have other things to worry about.”

 

“What could possibly be more important than you at the moment.” We heard a scoff and looked at Krystal. I smiled and pointed at her younger sister.

 

“My sister is more than capable of taking care of herself at the moment. It’s you who can’t when your back is still hurting.”

 

“But it’s not that bad anymore. Right Krys?”

 

Krystal put her hands up. “Don’t get me involved into your conversation. Now if you need me, I have other things to do.”

 

I glared at Krystal when she excused herself.

 

Gee thanks, way to help me out.

 

“Did you take your medication?” Jessica grabbed my attention and I nodded. “I even ate too.”

 

“How was work?” I asked and Jessica’s face scrunched up a bit. “”I don’t want to talk about work right now. I just want to relax at home with you and leave all business matter back at work.”

 

I smiled and pulled Jessica close to me as I placed my arm over her shoulder. “That sounds like a good idea.”

 

---

 

“I’ve been meaning to ask, have you spoken to Yuri?” Jessica and I were getting ready to go to her parent’s house.

 

“Yuri and I aren’t on talking terms right now. She’s actually ignoring me, but it's okay because I know her already. She’s going to call one of these nights drunk beyond belief and will say sorry and what not.”

 

“Wow, she’s that kind?” I slipped on my blouse and let out an audible groan. My back is still kind of sore, but Jessica doesn’t need to know that.

 

“What’s wrong with being that kind?” Jessica was doing her make up in the bathroom.

 

“Nothing is wrong with that. I’m just surprised is all.” I slipped on some heel and let out a groan.

 

“Take them off.”

 

“What?”

 

“Take the heels off Soo. You’re back can’t handle them just yet.”

 

I pouted. “But-“

 

“No buts. Now off with the heels and put some comfortable shoes on. I don’t need to find out by the doctor that you’ve been straining your back too much.”

 

I let out a groan. “Fine.”

 

I took them off and wore something else. “Are you ready?” Jessica walked in and I grabbed my purse. “Let’s go.” I held my hand out and Jessica intertwined our fingers.

 

“I’m as tall as you.”

 

I scoffed. “That’s because you’re cheating.”

 

“Wearing heels doesn’t make me a cheater, and I like this, having you at my height I mean.”

 

I smiled. “Don’t get used to it.”

 

We got into Jessica’s car and she drove us to her parent’s house.

 

“Hey you two. You made it right on time.” Krystal greeted us at the door and we followed her into the house. Everyone was there already, even my sister Soojin.

 

I wonder what’s she doing here?

 

Jessica gave my hand a small squeeze and I looked at her. She was smiling, and she then pulled out a small box from her purse.

 

“Congratulations.”

 

I’m lost. Why the hell would she-

 

My eyes widened when I opened it. I looked at my father to see if it was true and he smiled.

 

I ran to him and hugged him. “Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!” My father laughed and patted my back.

 

I let out a groan and he quickly released me. “Are you okay?”

 

I smiled. “Fine. I just hurt my back not so long ago while a friend of mine and I messed around. On a more important matter, are you sure about this?” I held up the key to his office.

 

“Of course my child, you’ve earned it.”

 

I hugged him one more time and the rest congratulated me for being the next CEO of our company. All that hard work really did pay off.

 

We all ate dinner together, and Jessica pulled me into her old room once we were done.

 

“Excited much?” She asked and I nodded. “You don’t know how happy I am. I’ve trained hard for this princess.”

 

I held up the key and smiled.

 

“Did you know all this time?”

 

Jessica let out a guilty smile. “Your father wanted me to be the one to give you the key as a present.”

 

I grinned and wrapped my arms around her waist. “Well I loved the surprise you had in store for me.”

 

“Yeah?” Jessica leaned in a bit and our noses touched. “Yeah.”

 

Someone cleared his or , and Jessica and I pulled away to see who it was. “Sorry about interrupting, but we have a cake for you Sooyoung. Would you do the honor of cutting it on this special day of yours?”

 

Jessica’s father stood by the door and I nodded. We followed him back to where everyone stood. They had congratulated me again and I cut the cake. Krystal (along with Jessica) thought it was very funny to smear frosting all over my face. Everyone else only laughed when I grabbed a hold of Jessica and rubbed my face against hers. Her dolphin like scream was heard throughout the kitchen and I laughed.

 

Spending time with the family is usually never this fun.

 

“You missed some.” I was currently washing my face in Jessica’s old bathing room, and she accompanied me since she too had to wash her face.

 

“Where?” I looked at myself on the mirror.

 

“Here.” Jessica smudged some leftover frosting from her face onto my cheek and laughed.

 

I rolled my eyes playfully and cleaned my cheek once more. “You can wash your face now princess. I’m done.”

 

I walked out and patted my face dry.

 

A vibrating sound came from the bed and I saw Jessica’s phone light up. “Princess! Someone is calling!”

 

“Get it for me would ya?”

 

I grabbed the phone and looked at the Caller I.D. “Yuri.”

 

Before I could answer the call, it ended and I let out a sigh. “Sorry, I didn’t get to answer the call.” I walked back to where Jessica was.

 

Jessica came out of the bathing room as she patted her face dry. “Who was it?”

 

“Yuri.”

 

Jessica stopped her actions and looked at me. I held the phone out to her and she took it. “I’ll let you have some space so that you can talk to her.”

 

“Soo wait.” Before I could walk away, Jessica took a hold of my wrist. Her phone vibrated again and she answered it. I tried to walk away, but she held onto me tightly.

 

“Yeah its me.”

 

“No, I’m not.”

 

She then sighed. “Where are you?”

 

“You can’t take a taxi?”

 

“I know.”

 

“Not right now.”

 

Jessica looked at me, and our eyes met. “Yes, she is.”

 

“No, I… not now Yuri.”

 

“Yuri, you’re drunk.”

 

“She’s my wife.”

 

I looked away from her and tried to focus on a single object in the room. When Jessica just mentioned to Yuri, I felt butterflies form in the pit of my stomach.

 

“I’m not leaving her Yuri.”

 

“Yuri… Yuri.”

 

“Yuri? Hello?” Jessica checked the screen to her phone to make sure the call hadn’t ended.

 

“Yuri!”

 

I leaned in a bit closer to Jessica so that I could here what exactly was going on. “Hi. Are you a friend of this passed out woman?”

 

“Uh... yes I am.”

 

“Okay thank god. Can you please come and get her? I can’t keep her here like this. I’d have to throw her out within 30 minutes if no one comes and get her. Please come and get her out of here.”

 

The call ended and Jessica looked at me.

 

I smiled weakly. “Let’s go get her before they do throw her out there.”

 

“Soo…” Jessica’s grip on me loosened and I held her hand. “Come on, let’s go tell everyone that we’re leaving.”

 

“But-“

 

“Come on Jessica. We’re not leaving her there.”

 

Jessica finally listened to me and we walked to where everyone else was chatting. I told them all that we had to leave already and apologized.

 

“What for?” My father asked.

 

“My back is hurting again, and my medication is back at home. The doctor did tell me to take it easy if I start to feel pain again.”

 

They all understood and we said goodbye and thank you to everyone.

 

When I hugged Krystal goodbye, she whispered into my ear. “I want an explanation later. We both know that’s an excuse to cover something else.” Once we let go, I smiled and nodded.

 

We said our final goodbyes and left Jessica’s parent’s house.

 

The car ride to the bar Yuri was at was quiet and awkward. I looked out the window the entire time while Jessica drove there. I just don’t know what to say. Think about it, my wife is about to go pick up her passed out girlfriend at a bar and I’m going with her. That sounds awkward enough.

 

“We’re here.” Jessica said as the car came to a halt. I nodded and got out of the car. We walked into the bar and I spotted Yuri right off the bat. She looked like . I signaled Jessica where she was and I followed her.

 

“Are you the Jessica?” the bartender asked and Jessica nodded. “Yes, I am.” The bartender smiled, “She’s all yours. “

 

I witnessed Jessica help Yuri get up from her seat. “Sica.” Yuri was literally all over her and I felt my insides boil with jealousy, but now isn’t the time. Jessica had a difficult time helping Yuri stand up on her own two feet so I helped her and draped Yuri’s left arm over my shoulder.

 

“Soo… your back.”

 

I let out a small smile. It hurts, but she can’t carry Yuri by herself. “Don’t worry about me. I’m fine. Now let’s get her to your car.”

 

We stumbled all the way to her car with Yuri confessing her undying love to Jessica. It was torture for me, and I couldn’t wait to get her inside the car already.

 

“Did she drive?” I asked Jessica once we settled her onto the back seat.

 

“I’m sure she did.”

 

“Where are her keys? I’ll drive her car, so that she won’t have to look for it tomorrow morning. She’ll feel like in the morning, and don’t worry about me. I can drive.”

 

Jessica looked at me for a moment. I know she wants to object to my decision, but she knows I’m right. She let out a sigh and got the keys out of Yuri’s jacket.

 

“Thanks.” I took the keys from Jessica.

 

“Do you know what kind of car it is?” Jessica asked.

 

“I’ll follow you.” I walked away from them and pressed the alarm system to see where exactly her car was stationed and to my luck she was a lane across from us. I quickly walked to her car and got inside.

 

At least I know she’s loaded. Nobody can afford this type of car without having a large quantity of money.

 

I quickly put the car into gear and drove to where Jessica was waiting for me. My hand on the shift stick tightened when I saw Yuri’s figure lean into Jessica. I quickly flashed the high beams to signal Jessica that I was behind her and she drove off.

 

---

 

“Sica.” Yuri mumbled once I helped Jessica lay her on the bed.

 

“I’ll be outside.” I walked outside of the room and leaned onto the exit door. I don’t want to stay here any longer. I just want to walk away from all of this and sleep. I don’t want to think about how Yuri keeps calling her name or how she keeps confessing her undying love for her. My insides just boil with jealousy at the thought of Yuri trying to touch or even kiss her.

 

I let out a deep sigh and leaned my head against the door ledge. My back hurts like a , and I think Yuri’s weight on me was a little too much for it. I bit my bit and my brows furrowed a bit while I tried to cope with the pain that was spreading through out my back.

 

Damn Yuri. I hope she has a ty hangover once she wakes up tomorrow.

 

I shook my head a bit. God this jealousy really is getting to me. Who am I kidding? She’s going to need Jessica. She looks like and her temperature was rising when we carried her here. I’m sure the alcohol in her system is taking a toll on her.

 

I leaned off of the door and walked outside. The moon illuminated the night perfectly.

 

I think it’ll be best if I just left.

 

My feet stayed planted firmly onto the ground even though my mind was screaming at them to move. Every part of me is screaming to just walk away, but another small part of me just won’t listen.

 

A familiar hand wrapped around mine and I turned to see Jessica. I must have been so wrapped up in my thoughts because I didn’t even hear her get close to me. “You should stay and take care of Yuri. I’ll see you later.”

 

Before I could take Jessica’s hand off of me, she held on tighter and stopped. “Soo… I’m not staying.”

 

I let out a sigh. “She can’t stay here like that Jessica. Someone has to take care of her.”

 

Jessica nodded.. “I thought about that and called a friend of ours. She’s coming here at the moment. Yuri is going to be in her care.”

 

My jaw tightened and I looked down onto our hands.

 

Jessica cupped my face and our eyes met, “Yuri needs someone, but it’s not me that she needs. I don’t want to stay when someone else needs me more....” Her thumb traveled down onto my lips, “Dark Chocolate doesn’t seem to make me want to stay, and I think you were right about Milk Chocolate. It’s very sweet and caring. “ Jessica’s thumb traced along my bottom lip. “I realized that I don’t feel the same way for Dark Chocolate anymore. Not when Milk Chocolate stole my heart.”

 

A smile spread on my lips. Jessica just indirectly confessed her feelings to me. I leaned down a bit and our lips met. The kiss was sweet and everything about it felt so damn perfect.

 

“Milk Chocolate loves you too.” I said once we parted and Jessica smiled. Her arms circled around my neck and our lips met once again.