Chapter 5

The Arrangment

 

 

I let out a small groan as I stirred a bit. I felt a body pressed against mine, and a pair of arms on my waist.

 

Who the hell- ! Jessica!

 

My body froze, and my eyes widened as I looked over to Jessica.

 

! I can’t believe I actually slept with her last night! Way to go Sooyoung, way to ing go.

 

I groaned, and lifted her arm off of my waist.

 

If I stay, then this is going to get so awkward. I’m not about to stick around and see what the will happen once she wakes up.

 

I quietly got out of bed and into the shower.

 

---

 

“Summer?” I looked towards the familiar voice. “Clarissa?”

 

I was sitting at a café near by, and she sat a table away from me. Clarissa stood up and walked over to me. “Can I?” She pointed at the empty chair.

 

“Go for it.”

 

She sat down and placed her mug on the table. “You still remember me.”

 

I smiled, “How could I not?”

 

She smiled, “Then do you remember that night?”

 

I stared at her for a moment as the memory resurfaced, and let out a sigh. “I feel so guilty.”

 

“I told you-“

 

“No, it’s not because of that.” My grasp on my mug tightened.

 

“Then?”

 

I bit my lip. “I slept with her last night. We were drunk and-“

 

“Stop. Look at me.”

 

I slowly looked up and guiltily smiled.

 

“Don’t look at me like that Summer, you’re married,”

 

I let out a sigh, “Yeah, but that doesn’t stop me from feeling so guilty.”

 

“Look,” Clarissa let go of her mug and she took my hands into hers, “You just confessed your feelings to me. It’s not like we’re in some type of relationship.”

 

I looked away from her for a moment, “Clarissa… I like you. I do, and what happened last night… I’m sure that meant nothing to her.”

 

“Stop trying to act stupid Summer. You know that isn’t true.”

 

I stayed quiet and she removed her hands from mine, “They say that when you’re drunk, you tend to say and do the things you actually want to do. Alcohol is just a way to give a person the courage to actually grow some balls and do what they wouldn’t do if they were to be sober.”

 

That’s true.

 

“You like her don’t you?” I looked at Clarissa and weakly smiled, “More than me right?”

 

Before I could speak up, she interrupted me. “Right?”

 

I shut my mouth and nodded. “Fight for her Summer. I’m positive she likes you back. You’re already married. Her girlfriend won’t even stand a chance since you already have the approval, and you’re already married.”

 

Clarissa drank from her mug and then patted my shoulder, “Don’t worry about me. There are many other fish out in the sea.” With that she left me in my own thoughts.

 

I looked out of the window and witnessed her wipe away some tears that were falling.

 

If only we met a bit earlier, maybe then she wouldn’t have been a step too late.

 

---

 

I got back to the hotel room and Jessica was sitting on the couch reading a magazine. She looked pissed off, almost as if she was ready to kill someone.

 

I cleared my throat before I spoke. “You hungry?”

 

Jessica ignored me and kept on flipping through the magazine she was holding.

 

I let out a deep breath and took away the magazine. “What do you want?”

 

If glares could kill, I’m sure I would have been a goner by now.

 

“Let’s go out and eat.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. She pushed me out of the way and walked to the door. “I’m not hungry. Go eat with your little girlfriend of yours, and don’t worry about last night since like you said, it meant nothing to me.”

 

I stood there in shock for a second before I quickly trailed behind Jessica, “Wait.” I held onto her wrist before she could step out the door, “You heard?”

 

Jessica tried to pry my hand off her wrist, but I held on tighter, “Let go of me Sooyoung.”

 

I closed the door with my foot, “No. Not until you answer me. How much of our conversation did you hear?”

 

“Enough to know that I don’t want to be here.” Jessica pushed me and I quickly reached out for her again. “ Let go of me Sooyoung!”

 

Our body made contact with the door as she struggled to get out of my grasp. “No! Not until you hear me out.”

 

“Sooy-“ I muffled Jessica’s voice with a kiss and she bit down on my lip hard. I pulled away and let out a wince. A metallic taste spread through my mouth and I knew I was bleeding.

 

Jessica stopped struggling once she noticed that she hurt me. “She’s not my girlfriend.” I leaned my forehead onto hers and I kept a firm gaze. “I like her yes, but… I like you even more.”

 

Jessica closed her eyes and I noticed tears starting to form. “You mean something to me Sooyoung.” I loosened my grip on her and she s her arms around my waist as she hid her face into my shoulder. “Last night meant something, and I feel so damn guilty.” Jessica cried and I held her tightly.

 

“Shhh… it’s okay.” I held her closer to me, “It’s alright.”

 

---

 

We lied on the bed, as Jessica laid on top of me. Her head was pressed against my chest, and I had my arms around her waist.

 

“I don’t know how I’m going to face Yuri.”

 

I looked down and tucked some hair behind her ear to get a better view of her face. “You don’t have to, you’re married remember? It’s not like we did anything wrong.”

 

I traced small circles on her waist and Jessica let out a sigh, “You're right, but that doesn’t stop me from feeling so damn guilty.”

 

We stayed quiet for a moment.

 

“What are you thinking?” I asked.

 

Jessica looked up and our eyes met. “I like you Soo. I like you more than you think I like you.”

 

I smiled and kissed Jessica’s lips softly, “I like you to Sica. More than you think I do.”

 

Jessica smiled and then frowned once she looked at my bottom lip. “I’m sorry.” Jessica softly touched my lips with her thumb.

 

“It’s okay. Don’t worry too much about it. It’ll heal in no time.”

 

Jessica rested her head back on my chest and let out a sigh. “I don’t know what I’m going to do once we get back home.”

 

“Well… What do you want to do?”

 

Jessica stayed quiet. “Can I be selfish and keep you both.”

 

I stopped forming circles on her waist. “You could, but over time it’ll just hurt you the most. That, and I don’t like to share what’s mine.”

 

Jessica slapped my stomach. “Yah. I’m not an object.”

 

I groaned and let out a chuckle. “You’re still mine, just like I’m yours.”

 

Jessica looked up once more. “Who said that?” She challenged me.

 

I grinned. “I did.”

 

Jessica smiled and we kissed once more.

 

---

 

“I don’t know what I want, Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate. “

 

Jessica and I were at a store near by since she was craving for something sweet.

 

“I think Milk Chocolate is better. It’s sweet and caring.”

 

Jessica looked at me and rolled her eyes, “I don’t know. Dark Chocolate is sweet and caring too. Not to mention, great in bed.”

 

I scoffed. “You mean territorial and possessive, and does Milk Chocolate have to remind you of what happened the other night?”

 

Jessica’s skin became flushed. “No.”

 

I smirked and took the Dark Chocolate bar out of her hand. “Lets take Milk Chocolate for today. You can have Dark Chocolate some other day, or maybe never.”

 

I grabbed Jessica’s wrist and walked over to the cash register, “And you said Dark Chocolate was possessive.”

 

I smiled. “It is, and you know it. Milk Chocolate isn’t like Dark Chocolate, it doesn’t get all territorial when you speak to someone else.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Pay for the Chocolate already.”

 

I laughed and the cashier looked at us weirdly.

 

Once we paid, we walked along the beach. Jessica ate her chocolate and she even shared with me.

 

“You were right.”

 

I looked at Jessica.

 

“Milk Chocolate is sweet.”

 

I smiled. “It can be a lot sweeter if you let it be.”

 

Jessica smiled. “I’d love to see that.”

 

---

 

Clarissa and I talked over the phone over where I should take Jessica out for our last night of our stay. She recommended me to some place that wasn’t too far from where we were staying, and even played slow dancing songs.

 

I thanked Clarissa for everything she has done for me and she said it was no big deal. We still talk to each other even after everything that has happened, and agreed to just stay friends. I’m happy she stuck around because she’s a great friend.

 

Jessica and I stepped out of the taxi once I paid the man for the ride.

 

We arrived to the place Clarissa had told me about, and I’m glad I went to her for advice because the place looked amazing.

 

“Hi. Reservation for Choi.” I said to the man in front of the desk and he smiled. “Right this way Ms. Choi.”

 

We followed the man to a table, and slow jazz music was being played.

 

“I’m impressed. Where did you hear about this place?”

 

I smiled. “Would you be mad if a certain friend recommended this place to me.”

 

“Does this certain friend's name start with a C and end with an –issa?”

 

I let out a guilty smile.

 

“We’ll just have to see by the end of the night.”

 

We sat down at a table near the stage and a waiter got us some wine.

 

“I like wine.”

 

“I heard.”

 

Jessica’s eyes furrowed. “From who?”

 

I smiled. “My sister-in-law.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. “I’ve heard you two have gone out on a quite a few dates.”

 

“Sisterly dates.” I corrected.

 

“What about me?”

 

“Are we not on one right now?”

 

Jessica smiled and stayed quiet. She knows I’m right.

 

“And for the next song, we’d like to dedicate this song to the newly weds.”

 

I smiled and mentally thanked Clarissa for calling in earlier. I stood up and held my hand out for Jessica. “May I have this dance?”

 

“Yes you may.” She put aside her glass of wine and placed her hand on mine. I guided us onto the dance floor where a few others were already dancing to the slow music.

 

We got into position and I held Jessica close to me, “Now do you think Milk Chocolate is better than Dark?”

 

Jessica let out a small hum, “Is this some kind of competition now? If it is, then it’s not so fair for Dark Chocolate.”

 

I grinned. “Let Dark Chocolate know that Milk Chocolate isn’t letting you go so easily. Not when it has you this close.”

 

She smiled, “I’m starting to like Milk Chocolate even more.”

 

I kissed Jessica forehead and smiled, “That’s not necessarily bad.”

 

---

 

I dropped our bags onto the floor and walked over to the couch where Jessica and Krystal were sitting. I then plopped myself next to Jessica and rested my head on her lap.

 

“We are totally going to Thailand next time. I can’t stand another flight like that.”

 

Jessica smiled. “I told you.”

 

“I stand corrected.” I looked up and saw Krystal scrunching her nose, “I thought I’d be able to handle you two getting a lot closer than before, but I can't. Usually you two are at each others necks.” She narrowed her eyes at us, “What the hell happened over there?”

 

She does have a point. Comparing us of how we left and how we came back, we did get a lot closer to one another. “We slept with each other.”

 

Krystal’s jaw dropped, and Jessica pinched my nose. “Yah! You don’t just say that out loud to my sister!” I let out a whine and Jessica let got of me. “What? But if it’s true! And we didn’t just sleep together just-“

 

Jessica covered my mouth, “Yah. Shut up already before you end up sleeping alone tonight.” I put my hands up and Jessica let go of me, “Good girl.” She patted my head and I pouted.

 

“What an improvement. I think I can get used to this. The whole you two not arguing half the time.”

 

I rolled my eyes. “You make it sound like we were that bad.”

 

Krystal cocked a brow and just stared at us.

 

“She has a point Soo. We kind of were that bad, and you know it.”

 

I just smiled. “At least we don’t have to act in front of our parents anymore.”

 

“Speaking of your dad and our parent’s, they should have sent you on that honeymoon a lot sooner. That, and they said to clear your schedules for Saturday since we are having a family dinner.”

 

“Okay.” I agreed and Jessica nodded.

 

I sat up and stretched. “I think I’ll nap for now. Jet Lag is really starting to kick in already. Have fun with your sister princess.” I kissed Jessica’s cheek and left to my room.

 

“I swear it’s going to take me some time to get used to your little romantic gestures.” I heard Krystal’s voice and I smiled.

 

Well you better get used to it a lot sooner because I’m not stopping any time soon.

 

---

 

I woke up the next morning with Jessica hugging my back. I let out a soft smile and lifted her arm off of me. I guess I ended up taking a longer nap than I thought I would.

 

I quickly freshened up and walked to the kitchen to make us some breakfast because I am starving.

 

I turned off the gas to the stove when I heard a knock on the door.

 

Who the hell could it be at this hour?

 

I quickly wiped my hands and the knocking turned into banging.

 

Whoever is behind that door, better have a damn good reason to be banging on my door at this hour.

 

I opened the door and I was taken by surprise.

 

“Where’s Jessica?”

 

I held onto the door tightly. “Sleeping. What do you want?”

 

“Call her, I need to talk to her.”

 

I shook my head. “It would be better if you came back at another time Yuri. I told you already, she’s sleeping.”

 

Yuri frowned. “Well she’s just going to have to wake up.” Yuri pushed me, but before she could walk any further I grabbed her arm and slammed her against the wall.

 

“I suggest you leave my apartment before I sue the out of you for trespassing my home and wanting to talk to my wife when I specifically told you that she is sleeping.”

 

Yuri let out a small growl, pushed me, and then elbowed my straight in the face. I let out a groan when I felt a stinging pain on my nose.

 

“Jessica!”

 

That does it. I warned her.

 

I got up, grabbed Yuri by the shoulder and punched her. Yuri wiped the blood off her lower lip and tackled me down. My back hit the hard floor and we rolled a bit to the side, giving me an advantage to get on top of her and land some punches. Yuri managed to block some of them and flipped us over. Before she could even land a punch on me, I pushed her off of me and stood up.

 

She tackled me once more and my back greeted the corner of the couch. I let out a groan and we tumbled over the couch and onto the floor. I heard Yuri let out a groan, and when I opened my eyes, she was already on top of me.

 

I quickly put my arms up to block some of Yuri’s punches.

 

“Yuri!” Jessica’s voice echoed through the apartment. “Stop! Get off of her!”

 

I felt Yuri get dragged away from me and the next thing I heard was a slap. I quickly looked and witness Yuri holding her left cheek.

 

Jessica just slapped her.

 

“Get out.”

 

Yuri stared at Jessica for a moment and I slowly stood up.

 

, my back hurts like a .

 

I made eye contact with Yuri and she smirked, “This isn’t over Choi.”

 

“I said out!” Jessica pointed at the door, and Yuri held her glare with me for a second longer before she finally walked away.

 

Jessica followed her out.

 

“We still need to talk.” Yuri held onto the door.

 

“We’ll talk when I decide, no, when I deem it necessary for us to talk. For now, I suggest you get out of my home before I call the police for trespassing.”

 

Yuri let out a huff and walked away. Jessica shut the door and made sure it was locked. She then turned to me and I knew she was worried for me. “Gosh Soo, look at you.”

 

I smiled. “She er punched me. What do you expect out of a er punch?”

 

Jessica bit her lip and grabbed my wrist. “Come. Let’s get you cleaned up. Your nose is literally gushing out blood.”

 

I followed Jessica to the bathroom where she had me sit down on the toilet.

 

“You okay?” Jessica asked when I tried to sit down on the toilet cover. “I hit my back on the corner of the couch when she tackled me.”

 

Jessica let out a worried sigh. “Can you lift your arms? We need to get that shirt off of you because it’s covered in blood.”

 

I tried to lift my arms, but failed miserably because the pain wouldn’t let me. Jessica bit her lip and told me to stay put before she came back with a pair of scissors. “Hold still while I cut it for you.”

 

Jessica tended to my wounds and cleaned the blood off of me.

 

“Nurse Jung, I think I’m feeling much better now.” Jessica managed to smile at my playful manner.

 

“I’m going to call the doctor so that he can check up on you.”

 

I let out a groan. “I don’t like doctors. I prefer Nurse Jung over any doctor. “

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and softly slapped my arm. “The doctor is checking up on you and that’s final. Now come on, let’s get you into a new shirt before he comes. I don’t want him to see my wife half .”

 

I smiled and Jessica helped me get on the bed.

 

It didn’t take the doctor too long to arrive at our penthouse and do a quick check up. He prescribed some pain medications for my back, but other than that I was perfectly okay.

 

“Luckily, the food you cooked this morning was almost ready, so all I need to do was heated up a bit.” Jessica brought me my breakfast and I smiled. “I like breakfast in bed. I should get hurt more often.”

 

Jessica flicked my forehead and I let out a small whine. “Stop saying stupid already. We can have breakfast in bed without you being hurt.”

 

I grinned.

 

Jessica fed herself and me as we ate on the bed since I couldn’t move much.

 

“Here. I got your medication. Take it with this glass of water.” I took the pill from Jessica and drank it with the water.

 

“Thanks Nurse Jung. I’ll make sure to leave you a big tip.” I playfully winked and she shook her head.

 

“You’re honestly something else. Are you sure you didn’t hit your head?”

 

I pouted, and she laughed.

 

We lied in bed and Jessica traced her fingers across my temples. “I’m not liking Dark Chocolate at the moment because she hurt Milk Chocolate.”

 

I opened my eyes.

 

Jessica looked hurt and I couldn’t stand seeing her like that. I grabbed her hand and kissed it. “Milk Chocolate is fine. It’s just some bruises. It’ll heal in no time.” I smiled.

 

Jessica leaned in and I felt her soft lips on mine as we kissed.