Chapter 28

Together | Multifandom [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Prince

~~~~Taehyung POV~~~~

It had been a few weeks since the incident with Seolhyun. She now lives with us, legally as Yoongi hyung's little sister, but we all see it as an excuse for her to just be with Jimin more.

Without the slightest bit of envy, I can say that Chaejin and Namjoo are the cutest little couple. Whenever Chaejin gets fired up, Namjoo comes out of nowhere and envelopes him in a large hug until he is just engulfed in his own tears and watching Chaejin make the change between anger and peace is just the best thing to witness.

I realised the other day that Junghwa was becoming a person whom I wanted to see over again. She was a person I wanted to see smile and laugh because she was so beautiful, but she didn't seem to think that. She knows how beautiful her appearance is, she has won every beauty contest she's ever competed in, I think she just needs to find the true beauty that consists inside of her.

Junghwa had talked to me everyday ritually, asking for just the smallest things, like a smile or a hug when she was feeling down, and I loved it. Today, she had asked if we could meet up before school to walk together. I had a feeling that she wanted to talk about something personal so I made sure to stuff my pockets with tissues.

"Junghwa-yah!" I yelled when she was in sight a while in front of me. She turned around, her straight brown hair spinning in slow motion like the movies.

"Taehyung-ah," her smile wasn't as enthusiastic as it could have been, which made me think that there was something greater to this meetup.

"What's wrong?" I asked as soon as I was close enough.

"What do you mean?" she asked again, that same meaningless smile on her face.

I turned and started walking with her on the way to school. "Anything happen?"

"No?" she lied, shrugging her shoulders.

"You're lying," I said bluntly, watching her shoulders drop.

"Alright, I am," she said softly. "The pageant's in three days and I'm scared."

"Why are you scared?" I asked, trying not to touch her, fearing that my heart might start beating uncontrollably and I wouldn't be able to contain myself.

"My mother said that I needed to win this time. If not, then she's gonna leave me," I stared at her, raising an eyebrow. "My mother's relatives, friends and boss all know me as the beautiful pageant winner. She had told her boss that she was too busy helping me to win this one when she couldn't make it for work, which of course is a complete llie, but if I don't win, my mom's cut."

"Oh..." I nodded, closing my mouth.

"So I can't lose."

I stopped walking, and watched as she continued to. Observing her body, the way it curves to form the perfect wave on the edges, and her hair, reaching her waist as she hugged her books. But there was something fascinating about her, the way her hair soon would not be free-flowing but tied up into a tight ponytail, and how her body would be masked later by the large clothing our school uses as a sports sweater. The way she would rather keep her beauty hidden was what amazed me, the fact that she would keep people second guessing her real appearance.

"Tae...Hyung-ah..?" she said when she realised I was no longer atanding next to her and slowly turned around. "Tae?"

My feet started striding toward her as if it were instinct, I was controlling them no longer. Once I reached her, I pulled her fragile head into my chest, wrapping my arms around her lean neck and resting my lips on her head.

"Never fear your beauty," I whispered. "Never believe that your appearance comes second to another, because you're gorgeous, you are number one. Every woman is beautiful in their own way, so you should never let yourself think that you will come after someone else in that aspect. Never believe you are anything but beautiful. Your appearance, as well as your heart."

I had no idea where these words came from. I guess they were just lying in the back of my mind, waiting to be let out.

After a while I didn't hear anything from Junghwa so I lifted my head and started to tear myself away when I felt her arms gain confidence and pull me back into her embrace.

With a small voice, accompanied by tiny sniffles, I heard her thank me over and over as well as shake her head in denial.

"Accept the compliment. Learn to accept it. I don't know what you believe but I believe that God has made us all this way for a reason. This face, this body, this personality of yours is all handcrafted by him. So never deny your beauty. Okay?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter