Maybe. (Part I)

Is it Worth It?

 

She walked along a lit pathway. She didn’t know where it is leading her to, yet she felt obligated to follow it. She looked to her left and right, hoping to maybe catch a glimpse of something that might satisfy her curiousity she has of her venue and if possible, her destination. To her dismay, it was bare. To her horror, it was pitch black! No trace of light at all around her except for the lit pathway.

“Where am I, exactly?”

The hair at the back of her neck stood as her senses started to pay heed to her surroundings, her eerily quiet surroundings. All she can hear were the sound of her footsteps. The lack of echo only reminded her that wherever she was, it was definitely borderless. She shivered as a chilly wind played with her hair, tossing it to the left, then to the right, then again to the left.

“I have to get out of here.”

Just as she was about to turn back to where she came from, she saw it. Far ahead, at the end of the pathway, was a person, a man to be exact. A tall, lean man with curly shoulder length locks.

“Minho?” She whispered, squinting her eyes to try to get a better view of that man. “Minho!”

Her slow pace immediately broke into a run as she tried to catch up to the object of her affections. But no matter how much she ran, the distance between her and the figure didn’t seem to reduce at all. She felt rather like a mouse in a wheel, chasing after a piece of cheese that was hung outside of its wheel.

She couldn’t take it anymore, all the running. She was exhausted after running in, what felt like, an endless loop. Still, she didn’t seem any closer to him at all. She immediately collapsed to the floor as she felt her legs give way, too tired from all the running.

“Minho…” She panted heavily, unable to catch her breath. “Minho…”

Her vision began to fade, just as she saw the figure, her beloved, walk away.

“Minho, don’t leave,” she quickly reached her hand out, trying to clasp the retreating figure.

Then it was all black.

**********

“Minho!”

“Yoona? I’m here!” Yoona turned to her right, only to see the protagonist of her dream holding onto her hand, tightly. “You’re finally awake.”

“Finally? What are you talking about?” Yoona then averted her attention to her surroundings.

‘White walls?’

“Minho, am I in the hospital?” Minho nodded with a sad expression. “Why?”

“Yo-”

Just then, Yoona’s parents came in.

“Yoona! You’re awake!” Mrs Im rushed to her daughter’s side. “You’re finally awake.”

“Yoona,” Mr Im called affectionately, a look of relief on his face. “Finally, you’re awake.”

“What is everyone talking about?” Yoona quickly sat up, only to collapse back onto her bed with a loud groan. “And why am I so dizzy?”

“Honey, you’ve been asleep for 3 days,” Yoona gasped after hearing those words from her mother.

“3 days? What happened to me?” she questioned, still letting the news sink in.

“You fainted when you were showering,” Yoona’s mother explained. “You have a mild concussion to your head when it hit the edge of the tub.”

“Oh? Funny, I don’t remember anything,” Yoona chuckled lightly, attempting to light up the awkward atmosphere in the room.

But she quickly shut when she saw the sorrow in all 3 pairs of eyes staring at her.

“Yoona, dear,” Mrs Im caressed Yoona’s cheek. “We’re taking our leave now. I’ll be back tomorrow with your favourite chicken soup!”

“Take good care of her, Minho yah.” Mr Im patted Minho gently on the back.

With that, Yoona’s parents departed.

“How’re you feeling?” Minho pulled his chair closer to his girlfriend’s bed.

“Like I’ve done a million spins in ballet,” Yoona grinned faintly.

Minho was about to speak when he was interrupted by a nurse, there to deliver the patient’s dinner. Though Yoona was reluctant to eat, feeling to weak and dizzy, that didn’t stop her stomach from growling really loudly. Minho laughed when Yoona’s face turned beet red, obviously embarrassed by it. Pouting, she accepted every spoonful of food offered by her still amused boyfriend.

“I can’t eat another bite,” Yoona winced as Minho held the last spoonful in front of her lips. “You eat it!”

“Alright,” Minho didn’t want to argue, seeing that she was really full already, and just shove the spoon into his mouth.

“Yoona, I need to ask you something,” Yoona startled a little upon seeing Minho’s serious expression.

**********

How is it? Please comment! c: