Worth It.

Is it Worth It?

 

“Everything is worth it, as long as I get to be by his side.” Yoona whispered.

There she was once again, on top of the school’s roof, staring out to the vast horizon that’s filled with fluffy looking clouds. But these clouds aren’t white. No, they’re grey, a sign that it was going to rain anytime soon. Yet, Yoona didn’t make a move from her spot against the side wall of the entrance, with her knees drawn to her chest.

Ever since it started, Yoona had to find the very least comfort she can after they’re done with her, a place that she can escape to. And then she found the rooftop. He doesn’t know what’s happening to her, because she didn’t allow it to. It would break his heart to know it, and that’s not something she wants to see happening.

Ring~ Ring~ Ring~

**********

“Yoboseyo?”

Oh Yoona!

“Minho yah.”

Where are you? I’m already in the car, out front.

“Oh! Mianhae, Minho. I forgot to tell you that I have an extra class today with Lee songsaengnim.”

Hmm? Wae? Are you failing Chemistry again?

“Aha. You know me. I’m never good at that subject.”

I thought you would, especially after all the chemistry we had! Haha!

“That is so lame!!”

Aha. Couldn’t resist it! Well I’ll call you again tonight, wouldn’t want to interrupt your lesson. Bye, Yoona. Saranghae!

**********

Saranghae. It was all Yoona needed, supposedly, to regain her strength. But this time, it didn’t work. Those words, that once brought happiness and courage to her, failed. Now, she feels rather numb every time she hears it. It no longer stirs her heart in happiness, instead it brought sorrow. Extreme sorrow.

“No. I cannot think that way.” Yoona shook her head hard. “He’s my everything. I’m fighting it for him.”

Creeping to the edge of the rooftop, she pulled out a little brick from the wall that prevented her from falling over. Inside the little hole of the brick wall, was a makeup kit that contained her necessary supplies.

“I have to do this.”

Without wasting any more time, she dumped its contents onto the space in front of her and quickly picked up the little, but sharp, razor blade. She lifted her skirt up a little and placed the blade on her mid thigh. Without any hesitation, she pushed the sharp metal into her pale skin.

“I have to do this.”

She bit her lip top stop herself from emitting a cry of pain. She refuses to feel any regret for what she did. In fact, she feels rather glad to do it. At least it proves that nobody can inflict anymore pain onto her than she herself can.

“As long as I get to be by his side…”

She dragged it a good 5 centimeters before stopping. As if in sync with the blood that oozed out of her newly formed wound, the rain started pouring. With every drop of blood that seeps out, a drop of rain washes it away.

“At least it saves me the hassle of wiping it up.” Yoona smiled faintly, looking at the cotton wools on the floor that were soaked by the rain water.

She continued sitting there for God knows how long. But by the time she was ready to leave, the rain had stopped. Picking up a band aid from the floor, she ripped its wet wrapping, dripped a little iodine on the center, and applied it on her wound, which had stopped bleeding by then.

“Good thing that the wrapping is water proof.” Yoona sighed and began placing her supplies back into the little bag, leaving out the soaked cotton balls.

After stashing it back into the wall, Yoona picked her drenched self off the ground and proceeded to head back home after dumping the wet cotton balls into the bin.

That was the daily routine of Im Yoona, ever since it all started.

She didn’t mind it all. As long as she gets to have him by her side, she’s willing to put up with all of it even if it will last her whole life.

Really, Im Yoona? Are you sure that it’s worth it?

‘It’s all worth it.’

**********

How is it? Please comment! c: