6. Hoshi ni natte (Become a star)

Kimishika
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!! HERE'S MY PRESENT FOR YOU ALL ♥♥♥
I hope you're all spending a wonderful day with the ones you love ♥ Junhyung and BEAST gave us wonderful presents, right? "Stay forever young" is beautiful ♥ And Junhyung's christmas song too *^*
Enjoy this chapter!!

 

 

 “So you didn't really break up?” Dujun asked Dongwoon, both lazily sitting on the couch of Dujun's apartment.

 

Dongwoon looked at his hyung, eyes full of sadness; he nodded to approve what he just said.

 

“But still, it's weird,” the younger added. “I mean, we didn't break up, so we're officially still together, but we never promised anything, like 'we will see each other later' or that kind of things. To be honest I won't try to find someone, because I'm still loving him, but if he doesn't and that he tells me he is with someone else, I can't do anything, right? I mean, we're not even in the same country, we're still young, and... And I don't know. It's too weird for me. Too recent too.”

 

Dujun eyed his friend; Dongwoon had his stare lost in the ceiling, his can of iced tea in his hand, left untouched. He sensed well that Dongwoon had left a part of himself in Japan – more precisely, with Kikwang, in his eyesmile. He was sorry he couldn't really do something for him exept change his mind by going out in the streets of Seoul he hadn't strolled in for a year, discovering all over again their favourite places. It wasn't like Tokyo's streets, but Dujun hoped Dongwoon didn't care that much. He wanted his friend to adjust to korean life again and in the more smooth way possible. A year in a foreign country sure could change everything. And he prayed Dongwoon wouldn't live in the past, and could move on – not that he wanted him to forget Kikwang, but more like be positive and think that he would be able to see him again?

 

Now, there's nothing

I walk alone in the dark

I don't see what's in front of me

I'm wandering in the night

 

The first days back in Korea were hard for Dongwoon. He still wasn't really aware that no, Kikwang wouldn't come to his apartment at the end of the day, neither Yoseob with his new crazy plan to go see a concert or whatever. The sudden and forced lack of skinship with Kikwang, to hear his laugh, to see his eyesmile, really made Dongwoon almost depressive. But with the help of Dujun, he tried to enjoy his life in his country little by little. Of course it was difficult. Kikwang was his first boyfriend and this year in Japan was like a dream. But he still had his life in front of his eyes, his university years to finish, and so much more projects to reach his dreams. So his feelings made themselves tiny and quiet in a part of his heart.

 

He really stoped to cry over what he had left behind him one night he finally looked at the usb key Hyunseung had given him the day of his departure. It was full of pictures and of songs, that they took when they were together, the four of them; Yoseob's pouts, Hyunseung's doe eyes, Kikwang's eyesmile, their selcas, the places they went to together, the musics they listened to, did choreographies on. Dongwoon could remember each pic, each moment, and also saw his own smile on his computer screen, when he was living the best moments of his life, and this smile and the hapinness he had in Japan took all the place in his brain. He forgot for a moment the sadness of the fact that it was something over now, and he cried because he was so happy to have lived it with wonderful persons he would never forget. It was heartbreaking and at the same time heartwarming.

 

The next day, he went to Dujun's soccer practice and they ended the day in a bar with a soothing atmosphere, and Dujun was so relieved to see his best friend in a better mood and mind.

 

More than being the blue sky, first love is an endless cosmos

Our love is reflected by the mirror of this bright cosmos

 

It's not like Dongwoon and Kikwang definitily didn't have any involvement with each other whatsoever. Of course they still talked together through Kakaotalk, shared pieces of their lives, new choreo learned or new novel read. Day by day it wasn't as often as before, but they never forgot to say a word or two. It was the same with Yoseob, less with Hyunseung but it happened that they had Skype conversations the four of them to catch up. It was completely different from when they were together in Japan, but it made Dongwoon happy. He couldn't go back to that time, and it wasn't as great as before, but he wouldn't complain. They changed and had their own life.

 

Never did Dongwoon and Kikwang talk about their couple. It wasn't an issue and they just were like the two friends who spent the night laughing about funny videos or discovering a new café where the strawberry milk-shake was heaven – always talking with a huge smile and stars in the eyes.

 

But with their own activities, they couldn't talk as much as before. Dongwoon was catched up with his classes, being the clever and hard-working student he was, always doing his best. Kikwang's and Hyunseung's crew brought more and more attention, more persons were willing to dance and learn with them, they won a few prizes and thanks to it, they had been able to move all around the world to compete with other crews and learn from more experimented people.

 

When Kikwang had announced that to Dongwoon, the younger was so happy and proud and congratulated them a thousand times, because he knew it was Kikwang's dream to live for dance and to be recognized and bring joy and fun to people watching them. It has always been something Dongwoon was amazed about; as him who thought that being able to communicate in a foreign language was fabulous to be in touch with people all over the world, for Kikwang it was the same, with dance as his own language; body could also speak and share emotions, just as sentences with adjectives and verbs and intonation.

 

And so Kikwang and Hyunseung left Japan too, a year after Dongwoon, leaving Yoseob alone behind. Busy with dance and everything, the amount of time when they talked decreased, but it didn't scare Dongwoon who understood. He didn't forget Yoseob who whined a lot that he was left behind, but Yoseob was strong and could manage and even had a project for himself.

 

Two years after Dongwoon's departure from Japan to come back in Korea, Yoseob announced that he had obtained a job in Korea, more precisely in Seoul. And he precised that he wouldn't let Dongwoon live peacefully because he wanted to be sure to know every places of Seoul his friend could show him. And of course Dongwoon didn't complain, because one of his best friends that he hadn't seen since so long was finally coming to live not far from him.

 

Dongwoon helped Yoseob to settle in Seoul; he found an apartment, all the informations he needed with public transports, the supermarket, and so on. He himself shared an apartment with Dujun and there wasn't a third room for Yoseob, but nevermind. He was so happy to have one of his friend next to him again.

 

The day of his arrival in Korea, Dongwoon waited for Yoseob at the airport, and right when they saw each other, Yoseob ran to Dongwoon and gave him a big hug, saying he had missed his shining Woonie prince on his white horse so much.

 

“You won't go away from me at all from now on! Enough with you all letting me alone in Japan, so here I am!”

 

Dongwoon laughed and made no comment about it; instead, he took one of the huge luggages his hyung had, and they settled in a café to catch up a bit about everything, before going to Yoseob's new apartment to settle all his things. In front of his latte macchiato and brownie, Yoseob told Dongwoon everything he didn't have the chance to tell him before – and in all he had to say, there was a huge news.

 

“You know what? Hyunseung has a boyfriend!”

 

Dongwoon almost spit out his latte cream coffee, not prepared to learn this piece of information.

 

“No way?! And he told me nothing?! What a hyung is that?”

“Honestly I didn't know since few months ago. But we didn't speak that much because of the time lag, and you know when he's so immersed in dance the world doesn't exist. Well, nothing exists exept his Junhyung apparently,” he finished in a laugh.

“So his boyfriend's named Junhyung? Is he a hyung?”

“Yup, for the two of us.”

“It's weird, we'll have to call him 'Junhyung hyung'. Double hyung~”

“He's a bit scary but you should see him with Hyunseung. They are really cute, in a mature way. I only saw them through Skype but it was funny. I hope we can see them again soon, but they are so busy lately. Kikwang and Hyunseung are currently in Europe, you know. I felt lonely when they left Japan too. I'm really happy they can follow their dream, you know they are crazy about it. But I didn't want to be left alone behind, so that's why I decided to come to annoy you a lot.”

 

Dongwoon laughed and smiled; it was the special way for Yoseob to show that he liked him without saying it directly. He knew that Yoseob liked to be seen as a strong person with a strong personality, surely because of his young features and little height, to contrast it and not being stereotyped – he hated it, to seem weak.

 

“By the way, you still didn't tell me what kind of job you got here.”

“I'll tell you once I saw how it goes, okay? Then I'll allow you to come see me~ See this as a privilege~”

 

Yoseob didn't change a bit since the last time he was with him in Japan, and that made Dongwoon happy to see something familiar that he had missed so much.

 

“Hey, Woonie,” Yoseob said suddenly.

“Yes?”

“How is it between Kikwang and you? I mean... Do you have someone else now, or are you still in touch as a couple or something?”

 

Dongwoon stayed silent few seconds, because he didn't really know what to answer. It has been several months he hadn't really thought of it, honestly. He knew his feelings were still here, because him and Kikwang ended their relationship without being clear enough for him to be able to let him go from his heart. He was really curious of how he would react once he would see Kikwang again. He cherished a lot their moments together and it would be a gift of god if they were able to meet again.

 

“We... never said we were over, but we never said something about still being together either.”

“Weird. But the most important thing is what do you want, you?”

“Honestly? I would be ing blessed if we were together again. I don't think I was happier than when I was with him.”

“I see...”

 

Yoseob didn't say anything else, and concentrated on his brownie. Talking about love, Dongwoon was eager to know more about his friend's life as well.

 

“And you? No girlfriend or boyfriend left behind you in Japan? Or maybe already someone here?”

 

Yoseob wiggled his eyebrows.

 

“You wished you knew right?”

“Hyung~!”

 

The older one stopped and simply smiled, looking at his cup.

 

“There's no one, Dongwoon.”

 

They were silent for some time. Dongwoon looked worriedly at Yoseob, but he raised his head again and playfully said:

 

“More free to do what I want here, that's why!!”

“Devil hyung,” Dongwoon pouted.

 

They talked more, and the rest of the day they settled down Yoseob in his new apartment. When it was time for Dongwoon to go home after a long day spent with one of his best friend, he couldn't feel more happy than knowing that he would see Yoseob the following days from now on. He had missed it so much.

 

Dujun was waiting for him in the living-room, eating chicken in front of a football match. Dongwoon sat next to him and picked a chicken leg that he ate slowly, looking not that interested at the players on the screen.

 

“How was your day with Yoseob? Is he already settled?”

“Yes he is! It was awesome, I missed to spend time like that.”

“You can also say you don't like to be with me, you know,” Dujun teased. “Now that Yoseob is in Korea, I will be able to finally see him! I never talked to him nor met him, I'm pretty curious.”

“I will be sure you'll meet each other! I hope you'll be friends too. I'll ask him when he's available to spend an evening with us, okay?”

“No problem!”

“Know what? He didn't even told me what kind of job he has here! And his first day is tomorrow! I'm sooooo eager to know,” Dongwoon pouted.

“Aigo, little whiny Woonie, you'll know soon or later, right?”

 

The match ended few minutes later, and they wished each other good night – Dongwoon had classes and Dujun training with the team the next day.

 

~~

 

“As you know, we today welcome two new persons who will work with us! Be cordial with them, it's how a team works, right?”

 

The staff of the football team and the players were gathered on the field with the two new members of their team. Dujun was curious because one of the guys seemed so familiar but he couldn't remember anything and it bothered him. Luckily enough, this guy was the first to speak, and it hit Dujun:

 

“Nice to meet you, I'm Yang Yoseob. I speak japanese and korean, that's why I'm here to help your new japanese player to accustom himself to korean and for you to understand each other as a team should. I'm also in charge of... Well, I don't really know, a lot of little things? I hope we'll get along and do a great job together!”

 

Yang Yoseob. Dongwoon's japanese best friend. Dujun had seen him on few pictures but never really saw him – not that well, in real life. And Dujun understood a bit what Dongwoon told him about Yoseob. He seemed as lovely, playful and proud as he had heard. He was wearing a suit, as an office worker, and it suited him well. His haircut was styled and few bangs fell on his forehead. He was short but from what he could see, seemed to have a really strong body.

 

No, Dujun wasn't ogling him. It's just that being in an athletic team, plus having to check on his muscles and weight and all, he could be critical on someone else's body. And to be honest, Yoseob's was really good, to the point he could be player with them as well.

 

“Nice to meet you, I'm Sakurai Sho, I'm japanese and I'm your new team member, and, er...”

 

So far, the so-called Sakurai managed to introduce himself in korean with an accent, but it became difficult and he turned to Yoseob, speaking to him in japanese. Dujun couldn't catch everything and even if he understood some simple words, it was incomprehensible. And he was really amazed when Yoseob replied in japanese as well, with so much facilities it was bluffant. He knew it was normal for him because he had lived in Japan since ages, and he also knew Dongwoon had almost the same level in this language, but it was still impressive.

 

Later that day, when Dujun was finally able to talk properly to Yoseob, he introduced himself:

 

“Hi Yoseob! I'm Yoon Dujun, Dongwoon's friend. I'm glad to meet you, after all this time!”

 

Yoseob, who was talking with Sakurai, looked at Dujun and shook the hand he was giving him, but not really saying anything, pretty quiet – as if something was bothering him? Why so shy suddenly?

 

“Hi Dujun-ssi...”

“You can call me Dujun, after all we're both friends of Dongwoon! How do you find Korea so far?”

“Good.”

 

The lack of conversation destabilized Dujun who didn't expect this reaction – Dongwoon always told him that Yoseob was always talking and jumping and making comments on anything. But he couldn't talk more because someone called Yoseob who ran away quickly. Dujun found this weird but maybe Yoseob was a bit awkward at first with strangers, and also surely not expecting to meet his friend's korean bestfriend.

 

He spent the rest of the day quietly, waiting to be home to announce the news to Dongwoon. The fact was that once at their apartment, Dongwoon was already almost ready to head outside.

 

“Yoseob just called me to spend tonight together, I'll ask him about his work.”

“Oh! Speaking of that! I know where he works!” Dujun exclamed.

“What? How do you know?” Dongwoon asked dumbfounded.

“He works at my football team! You know I told you there was a new player coming, and because he's japanese, he needs an interpreter. And it's Yoseob! What a coincidence, right?”

“No way! That's so cool both of you work at the same place! Were you able to talk to Yoseob?”

“Not really, I think he was surprised I worked here too. He was a bit shy and awkward, but I can understand.”

“Hm... What about you come with me? Then I'll introduce you to each other, it will be a good occasion!”

“Won't I bother you?”

“Not at all! Come on, hyung, go change, I'll wait, then we can go.”

 

When they arrived at the restaurant Yoseob was waiting for Dongwoon, Yoseob was surprised there was also Dujun. Dongwoon was so happy to be with his two best friends, and talked a lot, sharing thoughts and everything, to make them at ease. Dujun was pretty happy as well, to finally meet and be able to talk more with Yoseob. And through all the dinner, the conversation went well. But Yoseob was way more quiet than usually. He sure laughed with Dongwoon, but it seemed like he was shy in front of Dujun. When they went their way home at the end of the evening, once alone with Dujun, Dongwoon asked him:

 

“Did you do something wrong when you were working, today? Yoseob seemed... I don't know, 'off'.”

“I did nothing! Isn't it because I'm new that he's more reserved?”

“Well... Usually he's not like that. It's weird. I'll ask him later if something was wrong. Be sure to be a good hyung for him tomorrow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter