you'll be alright

prints

wonwoo felt so much fondness towards mingyu. so much that he almost felt his worries and sadness were light enough to be non-existent. this euphoric feeling was only encouraged by the giant’s hands which enveloped his, tightly in the most careful way.

it frustrated wonwoo that he was feeling utter happiness when his best friend was drowning in pain.

unknowingly, his tears fell. 

if it wasn’t for the fingers wiping his tears away and the whispers promising that it’ll be okay, wonwoo would’ve probably found it hard to sleep.

“wait, i’m honestly so sorry” seokmin’s words echoed in the room, and somehow soonyoung felt compelled to turn around.

internally reprimanding himself for losing composure, soonyoung spat out his next words, “if i was a nice person then i’d accept that apology. just hurry up and choose something to wear then get the out of my room.”

seokmin didn’t seem to take offence, but his expressions read something that confused and irritated soonyoung. was this stupid idiot pitying him?

seokmin bit his lips in confusion and cautiously said, “i’m really sorry for whatever it is i’ve done to anger you this much, i honestly am. i’ll just… leave.”

soonyoung was not sure why his heart felt heavy as he watched seokmin walk out of his room and heard his footsteps get further and further away.

jisoo’s phone rang as he was struggling to get himself inside the taxi, “gangnam mansions please.”

upon seeing his angel’s name as the caller id he didn’t hesitate to swipe right.

“han? is everything okay?”

hearing his boyfriend’s voice was more than enough for jeonghan. “i’m fine ji. i’m just not over the fact that you’re leaving me on our date night…”

jisoo laughed on the other end of the line, practically hearing his boyfriend pout.

“yah, don’t laugh! i’m expecting hoshi to give you at least one weekend off work as a fee, okay?” 

jisoo hummed in agreement, “when i spoke to him on the phone, he seemed like he was in a really bad state so i have to make sure he’s okay. before he’s my boss, he’s first and foremost my best friend too han-ie…”

jeonghan sighed, “i know, i’m just trying to use aegyo to make you feel better!!! give me more credit ji!”

“it’s perfectly normal for me to be worried about my best friend as you are about seungcheol. it’ll be fine, hopefully. i’ll probably stay for the night as well, i’ll call you tomorrow morning hannie.”

jeonghan smiled to himself, he didn’t realise it was possible to fall in love with the same person all over again. 

“see you tomorrow, my love.”

seokmin somehow managed to leave the kwon’s without being spotted and somehow found himself walking around the city.

it was barely noon and he must’ve looked like a man who was left at the end of the altar then proceeded to drown his sorrows with a bottle of vodka. even though he had the resources to purchase a new outfit, seokmin somehow felt like he deserved the humiliation. 

he soon came across a lone bench next to the river, after sitting down, seokmin lit a cigarette.

seokmin was exhausted, he didn’t know what it was he did to offend the kwon’s son.

wallowing in self pity and inhaling smoke, he also thought about mingyu.

years of memories as friends and lovers wasn’t something seokmin could easily erase. it wasn’t like he wanted to get back together, he just missed the idiot who also dropped his ice cream on the ground after seokmin had accidentally dropped his own. he missed his best friend.

and as if thinking about someone conjures them up, he heard a familiar voice next to him.

“whatever happened to the kid who cried when i smoked a cigarette in 10th grade?”

seokmin didn’t even have to turn his head to know who it was, but instead scoffed. “what happened to being in my life forever, kim?”

mingyu stiffened before replying, “is it time to take a trip down memory lane?”

taking the other’s silence for what it was - a silent beg for closure, mingyu simply said, “light my cigarette, then”

soonyoung didn’t feel like being alone, so he grabbed his phone from his bedside table.

Missed Call from 1woo (7)

“, , ”, soonyoung felt his heart beating erratically against his chest while he listened to wonwoo’s ringtone.

“soonyoung?” wonwoo answered the phone in a confused manner.

“you never call more than once, what happened?!” soonyoung was getting worried.

wonwoo didn’t reply for a couple of seconds then mumbled something to himself that sounded a lot like ‘mingyu?’

“is it jihoon? is he okay? what happened wonwoo?” soonyoung was biting his lip down at this point, unaware that he was putting enough pressure to make his lips bleed.

he heard wonwoo sigh on the other line, “he… i think he’s, i think he was in a bad place again last night soonyoung. i woke up early this morning and he was staring at a wall and wouldn’t move or respond to me or anything, i was so scared…”

soonyoung literally felt like his heart was hurting.

“… since you weren’t answering, i panicked and called mingyu instead. he’s… he took care of jihoon.”

soonyoung felt selfish, but he was angry that it wasn’t him who took care of jihoon.

“would it be too selfish to ask if i can see him?”

wonwoo sighed, “you know how much he’ll hate that… i’ll call you if anything else happens, i’ve somehow lost mingyu…”

“thank the kid for me, i’ll come around tomorrow” 

jihoon woke up when the sky was the darkest shade of blue.

checking his phone, it showed that it was 01:23am.

scribbling on a piece of paper, i'll see you soon wonwoo x

 

 

 

A/N: u know like when a book or a song mentions the title in the actual text/lyrics??? expect that in the next chapter or the one after, depends how much i can write before friday which is when i'm planning to next update. i'm sorry this fic has been depressing idk my life has been depressing... anyways thank-you for ur constant support and understanding! the amount of views/subs/upvotes is unbelievable high for a fic that !!!! please anticipate the next chapter (◑́_◑᷅ ) ooo and i'm going to post the first chapter of my new fic today! check out antithesis