hidden

prints

the kwon’s were having a high society social gathering and this meant he was around a bunch of pretentious s whose eyes basically shone at the mention of money. after meeting mingyu, he thought he’d at least see the kid around. 

soonyoung was on his way to speak to his favourite staff member until he spotted someone who looked like an older and more mature version of kim mingyu.

making his way over, he introduced himself, “hello, welcome to my family’s house. i’m kwon soonyoung, i don’t believe we’ve met?”

giving him a strong handshake, the older version of mingyu smiled fondly and said, “i’m kim moonkyu and this is my wife kim junhyeok. we were planning to bring our son but his butler said that he received an urgent phone call and disappeared on that silly plastic board of his!”

the news of the phone call went in soonyoung’s ear and out of the other, only registering that mingyu would not save him from this awful party.

“that’s a shame! i hope you enjoy your time here, if you happen to have any problems or enquiries, our staff are ever so attentive!” soonyoung bowed and attempted to turn around.

but there was a seemingly stupid human who had collided into him and sent the both of them and the waiter (it had to be the one offering champagne, of course…) tumbling down on the floor. 

soonyoung’s anger was only tripled when he heard an all too familiar voice apologise. he was covered in expensive champagne and it was caused by the who stole jihoon’s job.

“urGh, don’t even think about talking to me.” soonyoung spat out his venom-like words under his breath, raised well enough to know that he should not vocally express his anger.

well aware that they were being watched by the majority of his parents guests, soonyoung found himself closing his eyes and pretending to feel the opposite of his real feelings then he stands up and puts on the most realistic sounding fake laugh that seokmin had ever heard.

soon, the audience were just chuckling with soonyoung as he offered his hand to seokmin.

“i’m glad i’m not a commoner and that i actually have at least 10 more of these expensive suits!” soonyoung says loudly to his audience, before leading seokmin and himself upstairs to his bedroom.

life had been so hectic that jihoon had forgotten.

he slumps against the wall on the right side of his bed, legs folded into himself, his arms as a barrier (getting tighter every passing second) - silently wishing that he would disappear.

tears escape his eyes in a desperate speed as he stared into the walls that show prints of use, of love.

he remembered the things which used to decorate his walls - sketches, lyrics, pictures.

as he sits, rocking himself backwards and forwards, he thinks.

he thinks of his family - how sorry he feels towards his lack of anything they expect or want from him. his friends, whom he fails to show real affection to, afraid of them deserting him. and finally… soonyoung, whose love and care he did not deserve.

‘eunji is a blessing to the lee family!’ was one phrase he heard too often [and it was nothing short of the truth] - jihoon’s demons made sure he never forgot it.

eunji was a beautiful person in all aspects - a lawyer in training, the warmest personality and the loveliest smile… jihoon never blamed them for thinking so. it was just hard, having to live up to that - studying was not something he ever excelled in, nor was his personality bright. he just wished he didn’t have to be himself.

jihoon stared and stared at the wall until the sun rose once again.

jeonghan was sad for he was promised a date today but instead, he was stuck yet again with his roommate and best friend (who has been blatantly begging for attention for the past 30 minutes)

“what even is your pink haired fairy problem today?” jeonghan finally asks after one particularly pitiful exaggerated sigh.

seungcheol turned his head from his sofa of self-pity and glared, “his name is jihoon! plus, why would you even assume my problem is about him?!”

jeonghan merely rolled his eyes again, “isn’t it about the p-, i mean jihoon?”

seungcheol’s face was buried in a pillow, resulting in his reply sounding like a muffled yes.

jeonghan was always right.

“i formally met him and helped him look for his phone and i even have his number here and everything but-“ seungcheol sighed and buried his face into his pillow again.

“so, why aren’t you texting or calling him?” jeonghan was trying to be patient but dear god, some people really did need to learn a thing or two about taking chances! he wouldn’t be with his soulmate if it wasn’t for the leap of faith he took (but that’s a story for another day).

seungcheol looked at his best friend as if it was the craziest idea anyone has ever come up with.

“or you can just watch btob’s hello melody concert whilst you consume your weight in calories? whatever” jeonghan left the room to try and come up with a plan that will get his sorry excuse of a best friend off the sofa and into the cutie’s arms.

wonwoo felt himself wake up at 5 o’clock in the morning, bothered by the blistering sunlight invading his room.

‘do i still have the ingredients for caramel macchiato? hmm’ absentmindedly but warily walking to the kitchen, he gathered up the ingredients but felt the morning cold bother him too much.

being raised to be an energy efficient and a money saving adolescent, wonwoo was walking around the whole house to find the source for the evil cold invading their house ever so early in the morning. wonwoo tip toed to the only room left to check; jihoon’s room.

the door was slightly open, and when he peeked into jihoon’s room, he saw jihoon staring blankly at the wall.

wonwoo’s heart broke, he foolishly thought that jihoon was better and he had forgotten.

wonwoo walked into the room, picked jihoon’s lifeless body up and gently put him to bed, covering him in his blanket and dialling soon young’s number with shaking hands.

‘pick up pick up pick up, please soonyoung’ wonwoo repeated the mantra as the other line mocked him with seemingly never-ending ringing.

after receiving a distressed call from wonwoo, he grabbed his penny board and skated to wonwoo’s house in record time.

taking 4 stairs at a time, he made it in barely 15 minutes.

walking straight through the door of apartment seven, he saw wonwoo biting his nails whilst he was sat outside jihoon’s door.

the other’s presence didn’t seem to register on wonwoo until he felt a ghost of a kiss on his forehead and someone squeezing his hand.

he still felt like a crappy person but having the taller one definitely made him feel more at ease.

the both of them walked inside jihoon’s room, their hands intertwined.

“hyung, it’s your favourite giant.” mingyu smiles towards jihoon and sits him up and asks wonwoo to get him a glass of water.

jihoon’s eyes seemed like they were looking at mingyu but all mingyu saw was dark orbs of sadness, fear and loneliness. 

mingyu felt his heart break at the the sight of lee jihoon’s lifeless state. he put his arms around his tiny hyung and drew circles on his back until he felt drops of water on his back, pulling back, he saw jihoon crying silently.

wonwoo came back and sighed in relief, “here’s the glass of water”

in the next minute, mingyu had fed jihoon a sleeping pill, wiped the other’s continuous tears whilst he instructed wonwoo to put a homemade cd in the background.

wonwoo and mingyu did not leave the room until they saw jihoon’s eyelids getting heavier.

 

 

 

A/N: i'm so sorry about taking forever to update! school has been the epitome of busy and i am slowly drowning in work!!! so as a reward for making it through the first week, i bought day6's debut album and seventeen's boys be (>‿◠)✌ AND OMFG I'M GOING TO SEE INFINITE!!!!! holla @ my multi fandom tumblr if you're also going to see them in london or just wanna chat about anything!!! as always, comments are appreciated ♡