history

prints

mingyu’s state was what jihoon would describe as “what the giant idiot deserved”, with a headache that made even the tapping of a keyboard sound likewise to gunshots. 

“oh i’m sorry, did i wake you?” a beautiful toffee-haired guy was in front of mingyu, no doubt the owner of the hands which produced the bullet-like sounds. his voice was so deep and lovely and adorable and it almost made mingyus knees weak (even if he was lying sideways and would probably be incapable of staying up with his own two feet with this hell of a hangover anyway). 

mingyu made no move to wonwoo’s question, opting to stare more at the beautiful guy and trying to remember what the hell had happened. the last thing he remembered was accepting a glass of a girl’s name and nothing more, nothing less. how the hell did he end up with this guy?

the sudden realisation that he must look absolutely atrocious hit mingyu like a bucket of cold water, and he was planning to run towards the door, away from whatever mess he was in.

however, mingyu has never got along with lady luck, as he tripped over a mini book shelf at the side of the bed, hitting his head against the wall and passing out yet again.

 

 

having to get up at 7am has never been easy for lee jihoon. well, waking up at any allocated time had never been easy for jihoon. a 7 o’clock start and jihoon is strangely anticipating the day ahead… shrugging it off, jihoon got himself ready for the day ahead. 

wonwoo had arrived in the kitchen to the smell of breakfast cooking, everyday he thanked the heavens for jihoon for getting a job at a restaurant and learning to cook. jihoon turned around at the sound of footsteps and motioned for wonwoo to sit down.

“ok wonwoo, that giant in there is a bit of an idiot… i’ve cooked enough breakfast for 7 people so if you and i have one portion each, there’s 5 portions left for him and i believe it should be enough…? and well, once you get past the model-like looks, you’ll realise he’s just a childish giant idiot. take care of him until i get back from my interview, ok? then get ready to leave for noona’s for around 12?” jihoon had smiled at his roommate and best friend, appreciating the others chilled personality. 

soon, both had finished their breakfast and jihoon had brushed his teeth once again and checked his physical appearance and bag for the 6th time. it was his first interview in 2 years and he was terrified for he had no experience in the field nor did he have any confidence. as if wonwoo sensed his worry, he emerged from seemingly nowhere then patted jihoon on the back.

“shall i start singing btob’s it’s okay to cheer you up?” wonwoo asked, knowing the mention of btob would just cheer the other up.

jihoon lightly slapped wonwoo’s arm and reminded him, “you know that’s a comfort song for when things aren’t going great, right? you’re jinxing my chance already you !” 

“i know, i know! i just wanted to be hit i suppose…” wonwoo had a glint in his eye, trying to contain himself and not ruin soonyoung’s surprise for jihoon later on the day.

jihoon brushed the weirdness off, opting to find out whatever the taller ones problems is later after he had one less worry out of the way.

 

 

jihoon’s phone started ringing the moment he closed the door, sighing, he answered the phone, “if it’s you soonyoung, i’m going to stab myself in the face”

the other line was quiet apart from a noise that indicated the phone being moved, a minute later, “hello mr lee! have you been well?”

“i’ve been wonderful since you’ve taken him away to not just another country but a couple of continents away, thank-you. i owe my mental wellbeing to you, mr kwon!” jihoon put on an extra sweet voice, aware that soonyoung would’ve forced his father to put the phone on loud speaker.

“yah! is that what you say to your future in-law?!?!” soonyoung sounded like jihoon had threatened to set his whole empire on fire, as per usual.

jihoon rolled his eyes, he was… actually glad that the this guy was bothering him. he was so nervous for the god damn interview.

“i called because wonwoo’s just let me know that you’re on your way to the interview you NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT” soonyoung sounded like a kicked puppy.

jihoon signed another time, “it’s not like i’m getting a life threatening surgery soonyoung, calm down”

“i wouldn’t let anything bad happen to you, you know that! i have to protect the love of my life to the ends of the world you know! then i can finally ask you to marry me while we’re at the tallest building in europe that i took you to on our first nighttime date because you love london and we can be engaged for a couple of years while we both adopt a cute dog you wanted to name after minghao…” jihoon listened to the speech that soonyoung recited for what seemed like the millionth time since they started dating, but he didn’t really hear it. he knew how much soonyoung loved him, adored him even, and the life he wanted was what soonyoung was offering him.

jihoon’s heart felt heavy as he reminded soonyoung, “soonyoung… we broke up half a year ago, just… don’t”

jihoon listened to soonyoung attempt to speak for five whole minutes, feeling guilty to be the one to cause the other’s sadness. they had been in each other’s life, on each other’s side for years. he loves soonyoung, he does. but he knew that he wasn’t what the latter needed, just what he wanted.

jihoon didn’t appreciate nor deserve the life and the love that soonyoung wanted to share with him, he really didn’t. 

the sound of soonyoung’s heart breaking all over again was too loud for jihoon to bear, so he hung up the phone.

 

 

jihoon quickly got off at his bus stop, turned off his phone and headed towards the cinema. 

when he got there, he checked his watch and noticed he was 30 minutes early. he looked at the direction of the cinema again and this time, he noticed a guy cleaning the window looking towards him. it was unclear what the guy looked like but his eyes were clearly staring at jihoon.

he could not help the blush of his cheeks as he looked down and walked towards the town square nearby, where he knew there was a bench where he could watch the world go on whilst wasting time before his interview.

7 minutes had passed and jihoon was too eager to see the stranger in flesh and bone (not just eyes and a reflection of a figure).

when the cinema came into view, jihoon saw a long haired person laughing and talking to the stranger from before, jokingly threatening to throw cleaning supplies to each other.

jihoon does not understand why his stomachs tied in knots. 

unfortunately, he was left without a choice but to ask them where he had to head for the interview.

“urm… excuse me, but do you know where i need to go for the 9:30am interview?” jihoon was too afraid to make eye contact with the stranger for too long, opting to look around the place instead.

the long haired angel (who seems too goddamn beautiful to be only a mere mortal) had a frown marring his face as he said, “i swear it’s in the other cinema? the one 10 minutes away?” 

the stranger went behind the counter to get his walkie talkie, “hi hyung, yeah, there’s a gentleman who’s here for the interview?”

jihoon used all his self control to not swoon at the term gentleman being selected to describe someone like him.

the stranger who he know noticed sported hair which had at least 3 different colours was smiling at jihoon and said, “he's right, it is the other cinema unfortunately! do you know how to get there? i can help…”

jihoon immediately put his hand up, signalling that he was okay, “i’ll be fine… thank-you”

quickly bowing to the two of them, he set out to run to the other cinema, trying to think about his practised answers and not the high possibility that the sam* stranger was probably dating the angelic looking human.

 

 

after mingyu passed out (yet again), wonwoo decided to give him more rest as the former probably needed it by the sound of how much jihoon had poisoned him. during the time he let the giant sleep in, he had baked jihoon’s noona’s favourite peanut butter cookies, cleaned their apartment, showered and got himself ready for jihoon’s family gathering.

with an hour to spare, he decided to make a cup of black coffee and heated up mingyu’s breakfast before opening his bedroom door.

wonwoo headed towards his bed and tried to shake the giant awake, but his efforts were futile when mingyu just simply snored in return.

apparently, tickling mingyu was the only way to wake him up (as wonwoo eventually figured out after the giant fell out of bed whilst laughing hysterically).

“come on giant, it’s time for breakfast”

 

 

jihoon opened their apartment door to the sight of the giant and his roommate watching the first episode of master’s sun.

“why is he still here wonwoo?”

startled by the other’s voice, wonwoo nearly fell out of the couch.

mingyu stood up and smiled towards jihoon, “hyung, i showered and everything! can i come to your noona’s birthday with you guys, pleaseeeE?”

jihoon knew it would only be louder and definitely more irritating if he didn’t agree.

 

 

“jihoon-ah, how was the interview?” wonwoo asked as they were riding the train to jihoon’s house.

jihoon sighed, “who knows?”

in all honesty, jihoon felt like it went well but the fact that sam was probably dating that angel was causing him more worry than getting the job.

“if it’s meant to be, it’ll be!” wonwoo smiled at him, “anyway, what’s the bet that kibum hyung bought noona some ridiculously expensive fashion item?”

 

 

jihoon, wonwoo and even mingyu were greeted warmly by the lee family at their humble abode.

“yah, my favourite brother is getting cuter every single time i see your cute little face!!” jihoon’s noona was nearly choking jihoon but he had missed his sister so he allowed it.

soon, enough was enough and jihoon remembered how much he loved oxygen, “do you want to kill me?!?” jihoon glared at his noona whilst shoving her gift towards her.

however, his noona either didn’t see it or didn’t seem to care as she seemed to have noticed the stranger, “oh hello! i’ve been waiting for the day that jihoon makes a giant friend!! thank-you for being his friend despite his violent tendencies!”

“he actually arouses my violent tendencies the second most noona… anyway, he’s mingyu” and turning to mingyu, jihoon said “and this is my eunji noona”

mingyu bowed to eunji and she cooed at the giant’s abundance of manners in comparison to her brothers.

suddenly, he felt an arm settle on his waist and the owner of the voice of the number one in bringing out his violent tendencies whispered in his ear, “miss me, babe?”

jihoon merely rolled his eyes.

*snap* the shutter of a camera distracted jihoon as he turned around and found the source to be his father.

“there’s my favourite son in-law! how are ya, sport?” jihoon’s dad shook soonyoung’s hand.

“good thank-you sir, i bought you a couple of things from holiday. unfortunately, i could only carry my presents for these two!” soonyoung pointed at jihoon and eunji whilst winking to jihoon.

mr lee just laughed, “pfft, don’t worry, i know my place! i know how much you adore my son so all’s forgiven”

“by the way mr lee, can you send me that picture? i want to have it framed for my room!” those who knew soonyoung, knew that there was no limit to his love for the youngest lee.

mr lee laughed and promised he would, leaving the younger generation to themselves yet again.

“oh hi tall stranger, i’m soonyoung, the one who this little one is going to live the rest of his life with,” jihoon turned his head to soonyoung and bit the flesh of bastard closest to his mouth (which happened to be the other’s shoulder).

jihoon almost felt sorry if not for soonyoung running after him and whispering, ‘i’ve ing missed you giving me hickies’ so dangerously close to the sensitive spot behind his ears.

 

 

 

A/N: I APOLOGISE FOR THIS UPDATE!!!!! (ㆆ_ㆆ) it's too long & too much betwen soonhoon and pls don't hate soonyoung!!! i didn't imagine this update would be that long but i wanted you all to meet seungcheol, jeonghan, soonyoung and jihoon's noona who i've chosen to be apink's eunji bcos she's my girl ulbi. thank-you so much for giving this so much love?? i'll try to update as much as i can!! ≧◠‿◠≦✌ comments make me feel appreciateeeed!