Chapter 2

Social Butterfly

New Characters:

Bosco Wong

Ten years ago, when Raymond’s old brother Louis mysteriously disappeared, Michael Wong and his son Bosco Wong entered the Lam Century Corporation. Michael gained 25% of the company share from his late sister, wife of the former CEO (also the mom of Louis and Raymond). With Raymond being underage (he was only 16 at the time), the Lam’s Corp. fell into the hands of Michael Wong. All the senior officers on the board of directors were not happy with the father-son team but they remained silenced for the life of their family.


Today, all the executive officers were invited to the executive meeting room for the second time in ten years. They knew that it was time for Michael to announce Bosco as his successor to the company.

 

Bosco: “well uncles, first of all, I’ll like to thank you all for being here. Although after today, none of you will mean anything to this company as many.”

Many of them were outraged by the youngster’s arrogant attitude but none of them said anything. Michael Wong smiled satisfyingly. He did a good job training his only son. Over the years, Bosco had used his talent in the shock market and the black market to win over 15% of the company's share. The Wong’s family currently owns over 40% of the company stock.

Bosco: “Now Uncle Bobby, you are the only one who haven’t signed the contract. You have always been the stubborn one. As long as you sign the paper and hand over your 10% share, I will promise you and your family will continue to live a happy life.”

Bobby: “Do you think I will believe you after what you did to the rest of them? Mr. Lam and all of us built this company from nothing. I am not going to watch this company die with us.”

Bosco: “and how are you going to stop me?”

Bobby: “by selling my share to an outsider.”

“You did what?” both the father and the son were outraged. They never expected Bobby to do that.

Bobby: “yes, now like the rest of them, I am of no use to you. But I have confidence that someone will be able to stop you.”

Bosco: “and who would that be?”

“Me!” the door opened and Raymond walked in with Ron next to him.

 

Ten years ago, Louis sent Raymond and Ron to the US without any warning. He even gave them both fake identities. Raymond only found out many years later that Louis always knew about what was going to happen and he made sure his only brother would be safe. For the past ten years, Raymond trained himself well and excelled academically. He waited patiently for ten years for this day.

 

Bosco smiled while Raymond sat down and took off his glasses: “wow, if this isn’t my beloved cousin. We have been looking for you for ten years, nice of you to join the party!”

“I missed you too cousin. Thank you for sending a few gun-men after me every year. Thanks to you I am more in shape than ever. “

Bosco: “well, even if you came back. How are you going to stop us? Let me just remind you that we have 40% of the company’s share now.”

 

Raymond puts a stack of papers on the table: “well, it’s very fortunate for you since I currently hold 60% of the company share.”

“that is impossible.” Michael grabbed the paper and started flipping through it.

But it was true. It looked like Louis already planned for this years ago. If anything were to happen to him, the only one who could get his share of 25% was his younger brother Raymond.

And after he successfully, acquired 10% of Bobby’s share, Raymond has 60% of the company share.

Raymond: “oh and I forgot to mention that I will be marrying Ms. Tong from the Tong’s Corp. in a week. I hope uncle and Bosco can make it to my wedding.”

Many people were still in shock and they were even more surprise that Raymond also has the only other company that can compete with the Lam’s financially on his side too.

Raymond: “uncle, you miscalculated terribly. If only you held off a little bit longer with the Tong’s. But you gave me the perfect opportunity to make a come back.”

At that exact time, the ICAC and the HKPD arrived at the Lam’s corp. Michael and Bosco were arrested for the death of 21 people at the Tong’s mansion and the disappearance of Mr. and Mrs. Tong.

 

In the jail cell, Michael sat alone in the corner. He was never more disappointed in his whole life. He couldn’t believe his own son would ask him to admit to the crime and take all the blame. His felt like his heart had died at that moment.

 

Raymond were able to use his connect and the Wong’s were brought to the HK supreme court the next day. The day ended with an easy victory to Raymond. He was surprised that Michael admitted to the crime of killing 21 people without a fight. Although Michael refused to admit to the crime of kidnapping Mr. And Mrs. Tong, the 21 lives were enough to keep him behind bars for life. Raymond was disappointed that Bosco got away but now he had more important things in mind. He had a wedding to plan.