Chapter 7

Social Butterfly

A little over an hour ago, Bosco received the wedding pictures of Leila and Raymond that were sent to media’s all over the world. He didn’t hesitate to tear the picture in half. The half with the broom ended up in the shredder while the half with the bride were neatly trimmed and framed. The media called this the wedding of the century and he knew by tomorrow these pictures will grace the cover of every magazine. From the day Bosco was born he was destined to be second to Raymond; just like his own father. Not only did Raymond take everything away from him, put his father behind bars, now he even took away the only person he ever loved. Bosco smiled as he recalled the first time he met Leila at Tavia’s sweet 16. By that time Raymond has already disappeared. Raymond, Tavia and Bosco grow up together. Although Bosco only see Tavia as a friend and may a sister at the most, Tavia always like him. He knew very well that Raymond has feelings for Tavia and so he asked her to be his girlfriend. But that day she show up and he couldn’t move her out of his line of vision. When people picture an angel to be in white but they must have ever met Leila. That day she showed up with Nancy in a black, lacey Chanel dress and he was drawn to her like black magic. That day he was Tavia’s partner but he still manager to ask her for a dance at the very end. When the music ended, he didn’t want to let go.
Now she is married to Raymond but it doesn’t matter. He is confident that he will take everything that belongs to Raymond, including her.

 

When the wedding reception ending, Leila returned to the mansion she was exhausted. Raymond was so drunk that he had to be carried to the master bedroom. After Kenneth and Joel left the bedroom, Leila looked helplessly at her newly wedded husband. She decided that she would take off her make-up and take a shower before she cleans him up. In the shower, Leila thought of the events that took place in the past few days. Everything seemed so unreality.

When she was getting dressed she heard a steady knock on the door. When she opened the door, Ron was standing outside. He didn’t say much and didn’t even make eye contact with her as he entered the room. He lifted Raymond off the bed and carried him over his shoulder. Before he walked out the door, he finally said: “Raymond said this bedroom would be yours from now on. His room will be down the hall.”

 

The next morning Leila was woken up by a huge commotion down stairs. When she came down stairs she couldn’t believe what was going on. Samuel was standing in the dining room with his gun pointed at Raymond while Kenneth and Joel both have their guns pointed at him. Raymond was sipping his tea calmly while Ron stood behind emotionless as usual. When he saw Leila he smiled and patted the seat next to him: “good morning my beautiful wife. How did you sleep? Would you care for some breakfast/”

Samuel grabbed Leila by the hand and pulled her next to him: “Lei, are you ok? I told you to wait for me. Why did you still marry him? Did he force you? Don’t worry I’m not going to let him do anything to you.”

Raymond smiled mockingly: “don’t you think you’re a little too late, mr. self proclaimed protector? She is already my wife, right Leila?”

Leila looked as Raymond as to ask what game he is playing but she knew that she would have no such luck. When she looked back at Samuel she saw a pair of wounded eyes looking back at her: “Samuel, he’s right. We are legally married now. Please put the gun away.”

“Why? Why did u marry him? Is he threatening you? Don’t worry Lei, just tell me and I’ll shot his head off.”

“Samuel please stop this. Put away the game.”

“No, not until you give me a reason.”

Leila knew that Samuel wasn’t going to listen to any reason right now. all she could do now is to get him away safely. She will try to explain everything to him later.

Samuel reached out and took her hand and tried to take her with him. Leila hesitated before she finally shook his hand off: “Samuel, you cannot hurt him because he is my husband now. And I will not let anyone hurt him, including you.”

Samuel looked at Leila for a long while as if he was trying to determine whether or not this is the Leila he knew. Meanwhile Raymond continued to watch and sipped his tea with great amusement.

It was many minutes later that Samuel walked out of the mansion with his head down and with no destination in mind.