6

We're Different...But...

 

The next day go on as usual. But not with Hyukjae’s constant staring onto Donghae, which, clearly annoyed Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun smack his hyung head and muttered, “Stop looking at him like that. You’re gonna scare him.” hyukjae pouted and continued to do his homework.

                Yep, the 3 of them are doing their homework in the living room. Together. Since it’s Saturday though. Donghae do his homework with the help of a few reference book. Kyuhyun looked at his long-lost brother and his mind fly to a certain place.

 


 

“—they’re both immortals!” shouted their mother from the kitchen.

“Low your volume down! If they’re immortal aren’t we too?” said the father quietly.

Kyuhyun can felt that their mother shooked her head, crying, “Of course.. but.. i know that.. kyukyu is a pure vampire, he got that vampiric nature from you, yeobo.. but.. but..uri haehae.. this couldn’t be..” Kyuhyun’s father calm his wife down and said, “You should’ve known it from earlier. If you’re pregnant with 2 baby, one of them might be vampire, and one of them  might have followed you too..”

            Kyuhyun’s mother shooked her head and said, “I don’t know how to say it to donghae, dear. I can tell that he’ll be a boy who will believe it myth creatures. Like me.. but.. what and how will he react if he knows he’s one of them? i can’t bear seeing the shocked expression on his face, dear..”

            The father sighed and placed a kiss on his wife’s cheek. “Yeobo, you’ve got to remember. There are vampires , angels and demon in this world. So.. it’s not like only WE are the immortals here too..”

            Smiling a little, kyuhyun’s mother nod and hugged her husband. “I can always count on you to calm me down..” she said softly. kyuhyun’s father smiled.

            Kyuhyun looked at his younger brother who sleep peacefully on a little bed placed next to him. smilling, kyuhyun crawled towards his little brother’s bed and carassed the latter’s smooth cheek, whispering, “haehae.. mommy said that you’re like here.. an angel..”

            A smile make its way up to kyuhyun’s face. “A beautiful angel..” he said before he pecked donghae’s cheek and grabbed its little hand. Little donghae then opened his eyes and smiled when he saw his older brother’s face before him. kyuhyun smiled and said, “Hyung promise hyung will protect you from bad people..”

            “bad people?” said donghae as he carassed kyuhyun with his little hand. “Why?” he asked.

            Kyuhyun smiled and said, “Because you’re precious to hyung..”

            “Precious..” donghae said. A soft smile plastered on donghae’s face. “I like that word..”

            Kyuhyun pecked his younger brother’s cheeked and said, “Go back to sleep, it’s late at night already..” Donghae looked at Kyuhyun and said, “You hyung? Aren’t you tired too?” Kyuhyun smiled and shooked his head, touched by Donghae’s concern over him. “Hyung is fine.. Just go to sleep.” Donghae nod and snuggle closer to Kyuhyun before he fall asleep.

            Kyuhyun smiled sadly and murmured, “Hyung is a vampire..”

 


 

“---hyun?”

“Yah! CHO KYUHYUN!”

A gasped come from kyuhyun’s mouth and quickly turned his attention to a pouty hyukjae. “N-ne hyung?” he said. Hyukjae sighed and said, “Donghae has been calling you since just now.” Kyuhyun turned to his side and found Donghae looked at him worriedly. “A-am i disturbing you?” Donghae said. Kyuhyun smiled and shooked his head. “No , what is it you want to asked me?” Donghae smiled and pointed towards a maths question where Kyuhyun later teached him the formula.

                Hyukjae looked at the scene with a soft smile on his face.

                “hyukjae baby~ omma and appa is on the way to your place right now~”

                Hyukjae’s omma, Heechul’s voice ring his head.

                “Omma, warned me before you used your telepathic power.”

                “Opps~ kekeke, sowwwyyy”

 

Hyukjae smiled and walked towards the door where he saw his mother and father is already at the door step. With heechul was about to touch the door knob. Hyukjae said “I’m faster that you omma” Heechul pouted and said, “So mean~” And walked inside. Donghae and kyuhyun, who is still busy with their maths homework stopped for a while before the both of them looked at their visitors at the same time.

                Heechul’s and Hankyung’s eyes meet with donghae soft chocolate brown eyes. Heechul gasped and grabbed Hankyung’s sleeve. Hyukjae looked at his parents weirdly. Donghae looked at the visitors with a confused expression. Kyuhyun looked into heechul’s eyes and thought, ‘They know something didn’t they?’

                Uncomfortable with the new visitors, donghae sit closer to kyuhyun and grabbed his arm. Kyuhyun pulled him into his hug. Heechul walked towards donghae and kneel down to match the eye level.

                Heechul looked into donghae’s face.

                ‘T-this.. couldn’t be... Hyo Hee’s child?’ he thought. Heechul then looked at Kyuhyun. ‘Kyuhyun too?’

                “Jagiya , you’re gonna scare them..” Hankyung said softly. heechul gasped and said, “s-sorry..” Kyuhyun shooked his head and said, “It’s okay.. u-um..” Heechul smiled softly and said, “Heechul.. My name is heechul and that’s my husband, hankyung. We both are.. Hyukjae’s parents.” Donghae looked at hyukjae who walked towards the kitchen to prepare drinks.

                “What’s your name?” Hankyung said as he sit on the sofa next to Kyuhyun’s while Heechul sat in front of donghae.

                “Um.. i bet you ever heard about me from Hyukjae hyung. I’m kyuhyun.. and this is my br- f-friend, D-donghae..” Kyuhyun said. His heart hurt when he wanted to say ‘brother’. Heechul looked at his husband. Hankyung nod. Heechul face softened and said, “Indeed i have heard of you from hyukkie... Um.. if you don’t mind..”

                “yes?” said kyuhyun as he carassed donghae’s soft brunette hair.

                Hankyung looked at both donghae’s and kyuhyun’s hair. The same colour.

                Heechul asked, “Do you.. by any chance.. remember your parent?”

                Kyuhyun gasped and donghae looked at him, confused.

                “i...I ... Y-yeah..” Kyuhyun said weakly.

                “What about you sweetie?” Heechul asked donghae.

                ‘If he doesn’t remember.. it’s must have be from that incident.’

Hankyung’s voice rings in heechul head. Heechul nod.

                Donghae looked into heechul’s eyes and said a weak, “n-no.. i m-mean... I don’t remember who is my parent..” Heechul sighed and grabbed hankyung’s hand. Donghae then looked at kyuhyun before he looked at heechul and asked, “Umm.. H-hyung..” Heechul turned his attention to Donghae, “Yes?”

                “Um.. i was wondering.. I didn’t remember who are my parents. But i do have a feeling i have a brother” Kyuhyun gasped. Hankyung and heechul saw Kyuhyun’s hand are shivering. Donghae continued, “Do.. you know who is my brother?? I missed him.. so much..”