five.

Guardian Angel
five
Zico's POV

 

Fiddling with the device in my hand, I contemplated if I should send Soyeon a text. It's been three days since I've been home and I'm still getting used to the changes. For example, my relationship with my parents were somewhat awkward because according to Irene, I haven't been living with them for about a year or so and I haven't really contacted them as much either. One major change would be Soyeon. I don't remember her at all. I have never seen her before in my entire life, and she is supposed to be my girlfriend, not Irene. I honestly feel like a huge jerk. I can only imagine how horrible she must be feeling inside. Occasionally, I would scroll through the pictures in my phone and looked at us. We definitely seemed happy. Heaving a sigh, I decided to dial the phone number.

"Yo Zico what's up!"

"I thought I told you not to call me that, Minho."

"Why not? It's cool! Anyway what's up? You need any help?"

"Should I text her?"

"Well... I think you should, she's in a pretty bad shape."

"I don't know... Irene said I shouldn't, she said it would break her more."

"No, you should, Jiho. You're her boyfriend. The last time I checked you both were still very much in love, until you both got into a quarrel before the accident."

"Quarrel?"

"Ye- I think I shouldn't be telling you this."

"What quarrel did we get into? Was it bad?"

"No no, it's not, look, I got to go, call you back later yeah?"

After Minho hung up, that left me more questions in my head. If we got into a quarrel, would Soyeon still want to talk to me? Wow, I'm really stuck in a dilemma now. There's my best friend telling me to contact her and on the other hand, my girlfri- Ex girlfriend telling me not to. I spent a few good minutes on the couch with my thoughts thrundling through my brain and finally came to a decision. I wondered if maybe that was actually a good idea.
 


 

Soyeon's POV


Raining skies, hissing tires on blackened streets and leaves that droop on the bowed branches. It's the day that awaits beyond the door that lets in a steady cold draught. The weather man speakes of "precipitation", to me, it's simply horizontal droplets that make an umbrella almost pointless. Before the string of my hoodie was drawn tight around my face, I could already feel the dampness in my bones and the coldness that crept over my skin. I sneezed. "God damn it." I muttered disgruntedly. It just had to rain when I am finally out of the house. It has been a week since I've last stepped out of the house. I needed groceries. That was the only reason. I hurriedly made my way home before the rain got even heavier. 

As I was about to reach the doorstep, I could see a someone with an umbrella standing just right outside the house. I squinted slightly. It didn't look like Minho. Making my way towards the door, I  kept my eyes fixed onto the figure. Right when I was about to tap on his shoulder, he turned around. 

"Ji- Jiho ah." I gasped in astonishment as I met his eyes. Staring isn't quite the word for what I was doing, though I'd fit the definition to a tee. My eyes rest, not unblinking but slowed, yet the effect is soft and inviting instead of harsh. Perhaps it was my lips that gave my intention away, not quite smiling but tilting as if they meant to. "Hey." He responded with a soft smile. I tensed up. This wasn't supposed to happened. I was happy that Jiho was here. I've been wanting to see him so badly, but the guilt inside me has just been eating me up so badly. "You're drenched." He continued, his voice holding a touch of concern as he sheltered me with the umbrella. I fished my keys out and opened the door immediately, my hands shaking slightly. I stepped in and looked back at him. He took a step hesitantly before stopping in his tracks. "I... I can go in, right?" I nodded and stepped aside for him. Now that I was next to him it was far easier to observe him discreetly. He looked much better since the last time I saw him in the hospital. He had a haircut too. I closed the door and took the umbrella from him, setting it to dry. I could hear Jiho's feet shuffling behind me. "You live alone?"

 

It was a long day from our first date. Well we had been on dates before but they weren't as proper as this one. Jiho invited me over to his place. It looked so pretty from the outside you wouldn't even think it a guy was living here. Let alone a guy like Jiho. However, the interior of the house states otherwise, "Shall I say I'm not surprised that I knew your house was gonna turn out to be like this?" I laughed. It was messy, just as I thought. "Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" Jiho rebuked. 

"Presentable on the outside, unappealing on the inside. Like what they say, don't judge a book by it's cover." I said as I grinned. I walked around, scanning the full interior of the house. "You're an expert now, aren't you. Make yourself comfortable. I'll get you a drink." Jiho told me as he made his way to the kitchen, "You live alone?" I questioned and sat down on his couch. "Yup." he replied as he walked over and joined me on the couch, placing a glass of water on the coffee table, "I've actually been living by myself for quite some time. You know, since I didn't want any distractions from my family while making music."

I reached out for the glass of water, "Don't you get lonely sometimes?" I inquired, bringing the glass to my lips as I took a gulp. He smiled softly. "Sometimes. But music makes me remember that I'm not alone. What about you? You live alone too..." Jiho asked as slowly looked over at me and bit his lip.

"No I don't, I have a dog, in case you forgot." I chuckled lightly, giving him a reassuring smile. Jiho knew my parents died a few years ago. I didn't want him to think that I was bothered by his question. I placed the glass back down on the coffee table as I continued, "Milo makes me remember that I'm not alone as well." I looked at him and smiled warmly. For half a second, the both of us sat there, staring at each other. It was Jiho's eyes that captivated me the most of all. They are were the most unforgettable as I have never looked upon another human being who possessed eyes of his. To say that they were brown is just like saying that the sky is simply colorful at sunset, accurate by not giving true desciption to their uniqueness. At first glance, you'd certainly see the beauty they behold, but once you gaze into them, you see everything differently. The coffee color was just the beginning as the etching of black and gold seemed to intertwine around the edge of his iris. The colors mingled together, cascading an array of different shades throughout his gaze. One look into them and you're lost, doomed for all eternity because no other eyes will ever compare. His eyes were like melted chocolate. So warm, so addictive. "Soyeon." And oh, his voice, it was like the magna chamber of a volcano, deep, but filled entirely with the molten rock. His voice could be powerful enough to make your bones feel like they were vibrating. It was just so deep, so full. And his lips, oh I could go on forever. "Soyeon." Jiho echoed again. I was snapped back into reality immediately. "H-huh?" I stammered. My lips felt dry. , did I get caught for staring too long? "What are you thinking about?" He asked in a soft voice. I shook my head quickly and thought of an excuse, "Hey, look- I just realised I have some errands to run, I'll get going now." 

Jiho stayed silent as he studied my facial expressions for a brief moment before nodding and standing up, "Alright, I'll send you out." he ambled towards the door as I followed behind, "When do I see you again?" he asked as I stood by the doorway. "Text me." Was all I said. He nodded in acknowledgement. Just as I was about to walk away, Jiho interrupted, "Don't I get a hug or anything?" I turned to face him before giving him a quick hug. He took this chance to completely trap me in his grasp. The arms that held me were soft, yet strong. The feeling of my body so close to his soothed me more than I had expected. Within seconds, he pulled away, an amused look forming on his face. "Bye Jiho." I managed to utter. "Bye Soyeon, be safe."

I took no second glance as I left hurriedly and finally getting out of sight. I stopped walking and leant back against a wall. With my hand trembling, I placed it on my heart. It was beating in the most sporadical pace and I felt warm all over. That was when it struck me. I was in love. I was in love with Woo Jiho.

 

"Hm? Ah, yeah I do. In fact this is your house to begin with..." I added.

Jiho's looked at me in confusion before breaking into a wide smile, "Oh, yes, right, I think I've heard it from Irene. Wow, I must have done a good job keeping this place clean." he chuckled. I could only smile faintly. "I'm going to take a shower. Make yourself at home...?"

"Yes of course, you're drenched all over. Go before you catch a cold." He told me before sitting himself down on the couch. I nodded, making my way towards the bathroom.    
 


 
Zico's POV


Okay, what was I supposed to do now? Soyeon was in the shower, this meant I had more time to think of what to say to her. I looked around the house. Not bad, my taste in houses are amazing. I stood up as I explored the house further. I came across a few photo frames that were hung up on the wall. Wanting to take a closer look, I inched towards them. They were photographs of us. Soyeon and I. That was when Soyeon's face caught my attention. She looked beautiful. She wasn't beautiful in the classical way, no flowing curls or ivory skin, but in her ordinariness she was stunning. There was something radiating from within that rendered her irresistable. Her large liquid brown eyes held such intelligence and serenity. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my heart. I winced and clutched on to my chest. What was that? Hearing the door from the bathroom open, I quickly made my way back to the couch. My eyes fell onto Soyeon as she walked towards me and sat down beside me. What was I going to say again? Damn it Jiho, think! The silence between us was like a gaping void, needing to be filled with sounds, words, anything. "So how did you find your way here?" Soyeon broke the silence. I silently heaved a sigh of relief, "I asked Minho for the address." I replied. She nodded. The silence was back again. I bit my lip, this was now or never, Jiho. I inhaled deeply, "Would you like to go on a date with me?"
 


 

Soyeon's POV

 

I kept my eyes fixed on Jiho. A date? Did he just ask me out for a date? I did not know what to make of this situation now. I mean... "You don't have to if you don't want to." Jiho interrupted. "I just wanna be a good boyfriend to you... If that made any sense. Ah yes it does I'm your boyfriend, aren't I?" he chuckled sheepishly.

I sighed softly and shook my head as I spoke, "No I do want to go on a date with you, it's just that I'm pretty conflicted right now. Would you be fine with it though? Going on a date with me." I asked. 

Jiho elicited a soft chuckle. "Yah, of course, I'm your boyfriend." He seemed to have noticed the uncertainty on my face. "Look, you don't have to keep in mind that I've lost my memories, just let me take you out on a date like what we would do normally." He placed his hand on mine and gave it a light squeeze. I smiled. "Alright, count me in."
 


the writer's words
 

Oh my god it took me a few good hours for this chapter. Also, thanks for those who have commented down below! It's a huge encouragement. And also I might need some ideas! Although silent readers are gladly welcomed as well heh. Alright time to sleep.

 

< a tori creation >