Two

Sunflowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejeong hesitated before speaking, “it’s fine. To cut it short, my ex-girlfriend loves them.” Hyejeong showed a sad smile.

 

“Woah… You must have loved her a lot. Why did you break up with her then?” Seolhyun asked again but this time, Hyejeong didn’t hesitate to tell her about Eunhee.

 

“She passed away due to leukaemia.” Hyejeong said before looking down at her food.

 

Seolhyun finally realised she asked a little too much about Hyejeong’s personal life. She apologised again for not being sensitive enough.

 

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have asked this much.” Seolhyun said.

 

“No it’s okay. Don’t be sorry.” Hyejeong smiled genuinely. 

 

After having a long chat with each other, Hyejeong and Seolhyun had gotten closer and found themselves totally comfortable with one another. Seolhyun was relieved that she became friends with Hyejeong. The taller girl didn’t seem so bad afterall.

 

Seolhyun went home and Hyejeong went to her bed room. She took out a black empty box from under her bed and opened it up. The girl went to her makeup table and took the several photos of her and Eunhee.

 

“It’s really time to let you go, you’ll be in my heart, forever and ever.” Hyejeong shed tears and this time, she didn’t hold it in.

 

She put everything related to Eunhee into the box, including those sunflower utensils, bowls and plates. Hyejeong went to her closet and dug out a white roses bedsheet. 

 

“From now, I’ll live for myself and I’ll walk out from the past,” Hyejeong change the sunflower bedsheets out and replaced it with her favorite (used to) white roses one.

 

After clearing everything, Hyejeong put the box at the storeroom. She went online and searched for an interior designer. Since Hyejeong had decided to move on, she also decided to renovate her clinic as well as her apartment.

 

On the other hand at Seolhyun’s apartment, she was lying on her bed, and Hyejeong just went into her mind. Whenever Seolhyun think about Hyejeong’s smile, a smile just appears on her face, too. 

 

’Is this love?’ Questioned Seolhyun’s heart.

 

 

Few months later

 

 

Seolhyun woke up exceptionally early today to doll herself up. She knows completely why is she doing so. Of course, it’s to make herself look more presentable in front of Hyejeong. Seolhyun was about to go out after doing her last mirror check but someone rang the bell.

 

“H-hi… Erm, from today onwards till about three or four months, we’ll work at Seo Yuna’s Psychiatrist Clinic which is just two storeys above my clinic. Reason is, my clinic is under renovation right now.” Hyejeong explained.

 

“Wow, renovation? Not bad! Alright I got it!” Seolhyun got excited, but she didn’t know why.

 

The two stand in front of each other awkwardly before Hyejeong broke the silence.

 

“So, hmm, do you want to go to the clinic together?” Hyejeong rubbed the back of her neck because she was so nervous. Seolhyun thought that was cute as hell.

 

“Sure! I’ll just go get my bag first,” Seolhyun ran in to get her bag before running back out again.

 

While the two are walking, the always curious Seolhyun had something to ask again.

 

“Well, I wasn’t peeking on you but I saw you smoking that night when I moved in. Do you smoke a lot…?” Seolhyun asked carefully.

 

“No I don’t smoke often. I only smoke when my mood isn’t that great or when I’m sad or stressed.” Hyejeong replied without hesitating.

 

“Next time if you’re feeling sad or when your mood is down, come look for me!” Seolhyun said but it sounded like Seolhyun was desperate or something.

 

Hyejeong looked at Seolhyun with a stunned face, she was shocked that Seolhyun was so straightforward.

 

“I mean, smoking isn’t good for your health.” Seolhyun quickly added.

 

“Ah, yeah. I will stop.” Hyejeong said and she meant what she said.

 

Hyejeong started questioning herself — does she really like Seolhyun? Why did she promise not to smoke anymore when a girl whom she knew just a few months ago told her to quit smoking  but when Yuna, her best friend for more than 13 years told her to, she said it wasn’t a big deal? 

 

Hyejeong didn’t want to fall in love with Seolhyun just because she resembles Eunhee. She wants to fall in love with Seolhyun, and not “Eunhee”, again. Hyejeong would still have to take some time to observe herself.

 

Seolhyun on the other hand has totally fallen in love with the taller girl. She had no idea that she resembles Hyejeong’s ex-girlfriend. Seolhyun is just a innocent girl who simply falls in to the love spell.

 

They walked into the clinic together and Hyejeong went straight into Yuna’s room.

 

“Yu! Good morning!” Hyejeong showed a bright smile she never really show it to others.

 

“Someone is in a good mood today~~” Yuna best friend.

 

“What?” Hyejeong pretended not to know what Yuna is talking about.

 

“Anyway, you told me your clinic is under renovation, why the sudden plan?” Yuna asked as she prepares her folders.

 

“I’m moving on, Yu. Thats why I’m getting rid of everything that is related to Eunhee. She’ll live in my heart forever from now.” 

 

“I’m glad you’ve taken such a big step. Now, it’s time to move forward~~” Yuna eyed Seolhyun outside who was obviously looking at them with jealousy.

 

“What forward?” Hyejeong asked with a blank face.

 

“Don’t be stupid, you know what I mean!” Yuna pushed Hyejeong out of the room to Seolhyun.

 

When the door to Yuna’s room opened, Seolhyun quickly pretended to be busy doing something on her phone. She was obviously jealous when Yuna could make Hyejeong laugh so easily. Naturally, she mistook Yuna as Hyejeong’s girlfriend.

 

'Looks like I don’t have a chance anymore…’

 

Hyejeong knows what Seolhyun is thinking about so she had something in her mind.

 

“Mina, your girlfriend is looking for you.” Hyejeong said to the receptionist.

 

‘This tiny girl is her girlfriend?!’ 

 

Seolhyun was silently celebrating in her heart.

 

“Alright!” Mina replied with an eyesmile and skipped into Yuna’s room.

 

“So, basically nothing changes. Just do things as per normal.” Hyejeong smiled and was happy when she saw Seolhyun being relieved when she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter