Four

Sunflowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyejeong woke up early to prepare everything. She had her breakfast, cleaned her room, did all the laundry and did all the chores before heading out for work. Before leaving, Hyejeong took a look at the door to Seolhyun’s apartment.

 

”I love you.”

 

A faint smile appeared on Hyejeong’s face.

 

The clinic opens at 11am, but Hyejeong arrived at 9am. She wasn’t there for the past weeks so she is sure that she has many things to sort and all the whatnots. She went to Yuna’s room, as she knows Yuna’s the one who’d been handling her patients.

 

As expected, there were a pile of documents labeled ‘Dr. Hyejeong’ on Yuna’s desk. She felt sorry for the girl so she left a note on her table, telling her that she’ll buy her a gift.

 

Hyejeong went back to her room to review all her patients’ list. Hyejeong didn’t have much difficulty in knowing her patients’ progress because Yuna written it down all for her. Even what they had done on the previous appointment.

 

Soon, 10am came and both Mina and Seolhyun walked into the clinic together. Hyejeong smiled at Seolhyun but the girl only took a mere look at her. Still, it was better than nothing to Hyejeong. At least Seolhyun isn’t hating on her right now, and that’s more than enough for her.

 

 

Night

 

 

Hyejeong knocked off a bit later than usual, since she missed so many things when she was away. She’s starving but all the stores are closed and she has nothing to eat. Hyejeong was walking aimlessly on the streets and saw a floral shop still opened. She went in and looked around.

 

“Hi, by any chance do you have any white roses here?” Hyejeong asked, after deciding that she’ll buy it for Seolhyun as a gift.

 

“Yes, we do. How many do you want?” The florist asked.

 

“Can you separate it into one, four and three?” Yes, you are now seeing the idea bank Hyejeong.

 

“Thank you!” Hyejeong smiled widely and went back home. What is hunger when there is Seolhyun?

 

Hyejeong stood like a woodblock in front of Seolhyun’s house. She wanted to give Seolhyun the roses but then again she’s afraid that she might get rejected by the girl. Hyejeong stood still outside the apartment.

 

”What if she gets angry? She said I have to keep a distance away from her…”

 

All of a sudden, the door to Seolhyun’s apartment opened and Hyejeong was in great shock. She hid the roses behind her back while looking at Seolhyun with widened eyes.

 

“Why are you standing here?” Seolhyun asked, she was already in her pyjamas. 

 

“O—oh… It’s n—nothing.” Hyejeong showed a silly smile which was pretty obvious that she was lying.

 

“What is behind your back?” Seolhyun pointed.

 

“Nothing! My back is just really itchy.” Hyejeong pretended to be scratching her back and certainly, her acting skills has room for improvement. 

 

“Show me.” Seolhyun said in a stern face.

 

“There’s really nothing!” 

 

“Show me!” Seolhyun raised her volume and Hyejeong got scared. She quickly gave the roses to the girl in front of her.

 

“One, four and three? What does it mean?” Seolhyun asked. She couldn’t hide her smile because of course she is happy to receive flowers from someone she likes.

 

“It means I Love You.” Hyejeong hung her head low after saying that. She was afraid Seolhyun didn’t like it.

 

“Thanks ya. We can advance onto eating dinner tomorrow. Pick me up at 8PM sharp. I am expecting a fancy dinner.” Seolhyun waved the roses and smiled at the disbelief Hyejeong.

 

“O—oh! Yes! Yes! Of course! You can expect a fancy dinner tomorrow!” Hyejeong started jumping up and down at the fact that Seolhyun is willing to have dinner with her, and of course, Seolhyun is starting to accept her again.

 

 

 

 

Hyejeong wore a blue body hugging dress which shows off her beautiful body curves. She tied her hair up into a pony tail and put on a golden necklace. Lastly, she put on some red lipstick and headed opposite to Seolhyun’s house.

 

Seolhyun wore a maxi dress with her long black hair resting on her back. She paired her dress with a white heels and a white clutch. Seolhyun didn’t have any lipstick on because she was going for a natural look that day.

 

“You’re—“ Even before Hyejeong could compliment the gorgeous lady in front of her, she was cut off, “Save your sweet talk. Let’s go.” Seolhyun put a finger on her lips and went to the lift.

 

They got on a cab and headed to the restaurant Hyejeong has suggested to go to. Hyejeong prepared a surprise for Seolhyun and hoped that the latter will like it. She has put in a lot of effort for it and she really hoped Seolhyun sees it.

 

When they arrived at the restaurant, there wasn’t anybody at the entrance, not even the waiter. Hyejeong grabbed Seolhyun’s hand and led her in. 

 

“Hey! We can’t go in like this!” Seolhyun tried to stop on her tracks but Hyejeong shushed her.

 

Hyejeong brought Seolhyun to a window seat whereby they could see the view of the sea and beautiful night city lines. Hyejeong pulled the chair out for Seolhyun like how a gentlemen would and Seolhyun obvious loved it. She smiled widely when Hyejeong had placed the napkin on her laps.

 

“Please excuse me. Give me a minute.” Hyejeong bowed a little and went ahead, leaving a confused Seolhyun there.

 

After awhile, Hyejeong was seen walking towards Seolhyun with two wine glasses and a bottle of wine. Seolhyun didn’t know what to do so she just sat there and wait till Hyejeong was nearing her.

 

“May I pour a glass of wine for you?” Hyejeong asked, Seolhyun nodded and Hyejeong placed the glasses on the table. She poured about one third of the glass of wine for Seolhyun and herself, and walked back to where she came from just now.

 

After about fifteen minutes, Hyejeong came walking towards Seolhyun with two bowls filled with salmon chowder soup. She placed it in front of the girl and went towards the stage where there’s a piano. Seolhyun was really anticipating what Hyejeong has prepared for her.

 

 

Friday night beneath the stars,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter