Heart to Heart

My Best friend, My Love

After Geun Suk sang the last song, he saw Shin Hye's tears flowing down her face. Unable to hold back her emotions, she ran from the room. Geun Suk ran after her, crashing the door behind him. He looked around trying to find her. He saw her running towards the nearby park, stopping by a swing.

He slowly walked towards her, calming his rioting emotions. He felt helpless seeing the tears in her eyes. He wanted to tell her that he'll do anything she asked of him, but he was afraid she'll tell him not to bother her anymore. He would do anything for her except to give her up. He loved her so much he'll do anything just to have her beside him, as his girlfriend and lover, but not just a friend.

"Shin Hye..." he called. "Please dont cry. I hate to see you cry. Please don't be sad."

Geun Suk lifted his hand caressing her hair, neck and back before turning her to face him. 

"Please don't cry." he begged.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being such a cry-baby." she said, sobbing heart-rendingly.

"No, don't say that. You're not a crybaby. I know you're hurting inside, that you're in pain because of me. It's me who should say sorry. And I am, I'm sorry for hurting you. Although it was unintentional. Please believe me when I say that and when I tell you how much I love you."

"I want to believe that, Geun Suk. You don't know how much I want to believe that you love me too. But I'm afraid to do so. I'm afraid that this is just a dream. I'm afraid to get hurt again. You don't know the pain I felt time and again when you were with another woman. You don't know the pain I felt when I saw you kiss Uee." she cried.

"I think I know how you feel, Shin Hye. If it is half the pain I felt everytime I see you with Yong Hwa, then I know exactly how you felt. I love you so much and it is killing me every time I see you with him, every time you flirt and laugh with him, every time he touches and kiss you. You don't know how violent my emotions become when I think that I finally lost you, that you're with him already." he said fiercely.

"Oh! Yong Hwa..." she said, as if just remembering him. "Geun Suk, I can't hurt him. He's been so good to me. He was always there giving me a shoulder to cry on, making me laugh when I'm down. He loves me so much and I can't bear the thought of hurting him. Oh, I don't know what to do anymore!"

"Don't you think it will hurt him more if you continue to date him knowing deep inside your heart that you don't love him? It will be unfair to him, to me, and to yourself, Shin Hye."

"I don't know Geun Suk! I'm so confused. I already conditioned myself in forgetting you and giving Yong Hwa a chance at love." Shin Hye did not see the flash of pain enter Geun Suk's eyes at her words. "And just when I thought I'm starting over again, here you come saying that you love me and blowing my mind to pieces with your declarations. And just like that 'm back to square one again."

Geun Suk held her face between his palms, staring deeply into her eyes as if searching for something in her expression. What that something is, she doesn't know.

"Tell me honestly, Shin Hye, do you still love me? Please be honest with yourself. Forget about the past, the pain I caused you. Forget Yong Hwa and Uee. Just answer me honestly. Tell me the truth inside your heart, do you still have feelings for me?"

"Yes, I still love you." she said, unable to deny the truth in her heart.

Geun Suk smiled widely, whooping loudly and dancing like crazy in front of her.

"Oh Shin Hye, I love you too very much!You don't know how happy I am right now." he said full of feelings.

Suddenly he grabbed her, pulling her to his embrace. He kissed her passionately, one hand around her back holding her close to his body, the other hand on her head caressing her hair and neck over and over again. Finally, they broke apart, their breathing erratic, hearts pounding unsteadily.

"Let's get out of here." Geun Suk said, grabbing her hand and pulling her toward his car.

"Where are we going?" Shin Hye asked.

"It's a secret. You'll find out as soon as we get there. By the way, you need to call your mom and tell her you'll be late tonight."

"Oh, alright." she answered, getting her phone and calling her mom.