Mischievous Smiles

When Troubles Arises

"You guys ." Jimin pouted at the laughing witch and mage infront of him. They were inside the gym, stretching their muscles before the P.E. He frowned when they didn't stop laughing. "You're so childish," he said with a huff, crossing his arms over his chest and pouted angrily at them.

 

"Sorry, Jiminnie." Soojin wiped away a tear. "But it was so funny!" She and Jungkook broke down to another laughing mess.

 

“You should’ve seen your face when Soojin turned your pencil into a snake. It was hilarious!” Jungkook let out a laugh while clutching his stomach. Soojin laughed along. When their lesson had ended Jungkook and Soojin decided prank Jimin, who was in his own class. Without people noticing– they sneaked up to a window where they had a clear view of him. And then they pulled the small prank that made the werewolf scream in horror, jump backwards and up onto the desk behind while the small snake gave away a hissing sound.

 

Jimin frowned more, his tail wiggling vigorously while his right ear slightly twitched. He whipped his head to the vampire beside him. “Yoongi~ They’re mean!” He whined while pouting.

 

Yoongi rose a brow at him. “And?” He continued to stretch his legs.

 

“Can you do something to make them stop laughing?” Jimin asked, pouting while blinking his eyes.

 

The vampire tried to ignore his tries to act cute but sighed in defeat when the werewolf didn't stop bothering him. “Yeah, yeah.” He nodded his head, agreeing to make them stop laughing. “Jungkook, Soojin.” He got the two’s attention. He nodded his head to the side. “Do four laps around the gym,” he commanded.

 

They looked at him in confusion. “Why?”

 

“You have to do two more laps for asking me that question,” he said and narrowed his eyes at them. Soojin felt chills running down her spine when Yoongi’s gaze fell on her. She immediately standed up, pulling the mage with her, and began to jog around.

 

"Thank you~!” Jimin grinned and threw his arms toward him for a hug but was stopped by the latter when he planted his hand on his face.

 

"Don't." Yoongi grumbled and continued his stretch, ignoring the pout forming on the werewolf's lips.

~*~

The witch panted as she sat down on the ground, sweat was trickling down her face from the intensive combat training. Jimin, Jungkook and Hoseok were sprawled on the floor around her. Jin and Namjoon were also sitting down while panting. Yoongi was the only one standing up, looking fine, but she could spot some sweat trickling down his forehead. She wiped away the sweat with the back of her hand and closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down. She then felt a gentle bump hit the side of her head. Opening her eyes, she glanced up to see Hoseok holding a bottle of water to her. “Thanks.” She smiled and grabbed the bottle. She quickly opened it and swallowed down half of the content within a few gulps.

 

Hoseok chuckled while shaking his head at the sight and sat down beside her. “You’re like a boy,” he mused and opened his own bottle of water.

 

Soojin exhaled and looked at him. “That’s because I’ve only hung out with boys,” she replied with a grin.

 

“Alright, we take 10 minutes break now,” announced Namjoon and clapped his hands. “Good job, everyone.”

 

"It reminds me..." Hoseok turned to her. "How did it go yesterday?"

 

"When I was with Minyoung? It went well, we talked a lot and it was fun," she smiled. "We're going to the mall next time." She took a sip from the bottle. She frowned when she remember the incident after her time with her friend. her lips, she turned to the mage beside her. “He showed up again,” she said.

 

His eyes widened in shock. “Really?! What did he do?” he asked. His eyes scanned her from head to toe, searching for wounds on her. “You’re not hurt, are you?”

 

“I’m alright,” she smiled in assurance. “Namjoon and I almost couldn’t beat the deer-like animal, but Yoongi came and saved our butts just in time,” she told him and laughed.

 

“That’s great,” he sighed in relief. He glanced up at her once again. “You sure you’re not hurt?” he asked for the second time.

 

“I’m fine, Hobie.” Soojin ruffled his hair, teasing him. Hoseok swatted her hand away and fixed his hair. “Your hair is drenched in sweat, you don’t have to fix your hairstyle,” she said and looked at her wet hand. She made a grimace and dried her hand on the back of his shirt.

 

“Hey!” He scowled and scooted away from her. “Don’t clean your hand on my shirt.” He grimaced.

 

She gave him an innocent look. “But it’s your sweat," she stated, which made him grimace more. “Alright, alright.” She rolled her eyes and poured water on her hand to clean it away.

 

“Okay, the break is over. It’s time for another round of combat.” Yoongi announced while clapping his hands to gain the attention from the others. They let out soft groans as they standed up, their muscles began to get sore after the training. “Am I the only one enjoying this P.E?” he asked, getting another chorus of groans as reply.

~*~

“I’m so tired…” sighed Jungkook, his face was planted on the picnic table they were sitting at in the school yard.

 

“We all are,” said Jin and propped his elbow on the table, chin resting on his open palm while staring at the witch infront of him. “It went unusually well for you, clumsy lump.” He grinned at the girl infront of him.

 

“What do you mean?” she asked, feeling her right eye twitch in annoyance of his comment.

 

“You didn’t slip like you usually do, I’m impressed.” He nodded at his own statement. His words made Soojin grin. “But I saw you miss a few punches here and there,” he said, making her face fall. “Don’t get your hopes up because you didn’t slip so much.” He cackled and avoided her attempts on kicking his shins.

 

Namjoon slightly groaned when they were bickering again, not having the energy to stop them, he let them continue their ridiculous bicker. “How can they still have energy to bicker all the time?” he asked the others, rubbing his temple.

 

“No one knows,” laughed Hoseok.

 

Jimin stretched his sore arm and sighed. “Although I’m tired, I’m still excited for the full moon next weekend.” He smiled, giving them his famous eye smile. “And the best of all is that I will spend the time with you guys.”

 

“Aw, so sweet.” Yoongi locked his arm around Jimin’s neck. “It makes me wanna puke,” he joked and made throwing-up sounds, keeping his lock steady around the shrieking and flailing werewolf.

 

“When will the sensors be finished?” asked Soojin after she finally landed a hard kick on Jin’s shin, making him wince. “I don’t know how long I can control myself to not rip his head off and sacrifice him to the spirits.” She jabbed her thumb at the mage, who was grimacing in pain while clutching his shin.

 

Jimin stopped struggling. “I think around one and a half week it will be finished,” he answered.

 

Soojin groaned and rolled her head back. “Two more weeks with pink princess… Aick!” She flinched when Jin leaned over the table and flicked her forehead, resulting her falling off her seat and down to the ground. “Not funny,” she huffed and glared at the laughing mage. She returned to her seat while rubbing her back. Hoseok placed his hand on top of her sore back, a light green glow appeared underneath his hand. "Thanks, Hobie," she smiled. "I will so get you." She glared at Jin once again. "Be prepared." She waved her clenshed fist at him.

 

A groan of annoyance escaped from the fire mage's lips. "Please save your energy for the monsters." Jungkook sighed, he was too tired to enjoy hearing their bicker.

 

Jimin yanked away from Yoongi's grip and leaned against the table with a grin on his face. "I want to see one of the monsters," he blurted out.

 

"I promise you it's not a pleasant sight." Namjoon muttered while giving him a deadpan look. "My head was almost smashed by it," he said but the werewolf ignored him.

 

"Was it huge? Was it strong? How did it look like?" asked Jimin, his eyes were wide in curiousity.

 

"The full moon is affecting his brain..." Yoongi planted his palm on his forehead and sighed at his friend’s eagerness as the others snickered at his comment.

 

"Maybe." Jimin sent him an innocent smile while batting his eyelashes. "But I'm really curious on how it looks like." He turned to Soojin, his eyes sparkling in curiousity.

 

"I'm also curious." Jungkook chirped in, he was looking at Soojin while resting his head on his folded arms. "Hobie, I know you're curious too." He grinned at the mage with a knowing look.

 

"No, I’m not." Hoseok sipped his drink and looked away, ignoring the fire mage’s insists that he actually does. “Okay! I’m also curious,” he admitted and sent a small glare to the mage for pestering him.

 

Soojin furrowed her brows as she crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes at them. She didn’t like the idea of them fighting huge scary monsters at all. This was one of the reasons she didn’t want to tell them about this. But she couldn’t keep secrets from them anyway… She closed her eyes. “No,” she replied, ignoring the three boys small protests. “Do not forget that he summons those monsters to kill us. Please do not see this as some kind of child’s play,” she told, her face stoic. “I do not want you to get hurt. End of discussion.” She sipped her drink, having her eyes still closed. Because of that, she didn’t see the gaze the three boys exchanged with each other with small smiles on their lips.

 

 

 

 


A/N: Here's an update after a month of me being off to school and not having time to update again. I think I will update tomorrow to, at least, make up the time I've been gone. And it will be much longer than this and filled with action! I hope you still enjoyed this chapter~! \(^0^)/