Chapter Six

My Star

Disclaimer: I do not in any shape or form own BAP and make no profits from this story.


“Why hello there, beautiful. Told ya we’d meet again.”

 

 Yongguk crushed the cigarette beneath his boot, keeping an eye out the door for any interference. He trusted Sae Kyung to watch his back and warn him if something was to come up. As if double checking himself, he spoke into the ear piece, “Sae Kyung, anything going on?”

Silence.

Yongguk’s eyebrows furrowed deeply, listening in for a hint of her distinct voice but nothing came through. He opened his mouth to speak once more but was interrupted by one of his men who yelled out,

“Boss! We found a trapdoor!”

Pursing his lips, he removed his hand from his ear and waved two fingers behind him as he walked over to the door. Zelo followed behind him, gun pulled out.

The trapdoor was opened revealing a stairway down, lined by florescent lights creating a dismal atmosphere. Yongguk peered into the staircase, contemplating on whether or not to pursue this journey. On one hand, it would ease his curiosity and maybe provide insight into the issue of Block B however on the other hand, it could also be a trap that he would willingly be walking into. He mulled over his options for a few seconds before deciding.

“Go.”

Five of his men walked down first, providing protection for their leader should he need it. Only the sound of their footsteps could be heard. Yongguk forced himself to keep breathing steadily, willing himself not to be filled with adrenaline or fear. He’s been in this life so long, it’s easier now to control himself than it was when he first started, at 12 years old.

His past life seemed like a lifetime ago, the innocence of his youth but a mere memory, long forgotten and abandoned.

“There’s a door. Should we go through?” said one of the men in the front, his voice strong but eyes painted with fear.

Taking a deep breath, Yongguk walked to the front of the group and controlled his breathing once more. He took the place of the fearful man and looked back to s in hopes of instilling assurance into them. He made eye contact with the youngest of the inner group and gave him a miniscule smile before commanding,

“Let’s go.”

He opened the door to darkness, the sound of water sloshing in front of him. He squinted in the darkness, trying to make out figures when one of his men pushed him to the floor, shielding him from a spray of bullets that erupted from the other end of the room.

 

The commotion in her earpiece had subsided, either because the situation was handled or the piece itself wasn’t on.

“Yongguk? Zelo? Someone come in.” She said frantically. Her mind was buzzing with anticipation and horror.

Sae Kyung was desperate to go down there and search for them but her orders were to stay there and provide a look out. If there was one thing she followed to the letter, it would be that she carried out her orders. She wouldn’t question or second guess her orders. They were given to her for a reason and she would obey to the death.

Just when she couldn’t take it any longer, Yongguk’s resonant voice bled through the earpiece, rasping in deep breaths.

“We’re okay.”

“Yongguk, Zico came by.” He was silent for a few moments before responding back,

“Come down here for now. Is Jung okay?” She could hear the exhaustion in his voice.

“No. Zico killed him.” The connection was empty and Sae Kyung’s heart went out to the leader.

“Alright, I’ll get someone to bring him down.” was all he said before the connection broke off.

Sae Kyung packed her rifle, then Jung’s (she hadn’t even thought to ask for his name) and then rolled him so he was facing up.

Half of his face and neck was smeared in blood, his eyes staring into the open sky painted with the last scream of shock. But still lifeless. Cold. Sae Kyung removed her scarf and wiped away the blood and closed his eyes, wishing him peace in the afterlife.

Sae Kyung gave Jung one last glance before descending the staircase leading to Yongguk and Zelo. She exited the dusty building and made her way to the two individuals currently standing near one of their vans in deep conversation.

In front of her, Sae Kyung could see the lower members of BAP help their wounded. They didn’t look as battered as she imagined them, and she expected there to be hostages but only their gang was present.

Making her way to the two inner members of BAP, Sae Kyung placed the two rifle cases at her feet and looked to the two serious men and caught the end of their conversation.

“There’s something shady about this whole endeavor.” The young man argued to the weary leader.

“I know, but there’s nothing we can do for now. We have no leads.” The leader responded tiredly. Sae Kyung could see a couple scratches marring his otherwise clear complexion. Dark circles embraced his eyes and created a shadow to the haunted orbs that seemed to penetrate her eyes into the very window of her soul. They made her feel vulnerable, like he knew things about her that even she wasn’t aware of.

Zelo scowled but stayed quiet and looked over to the older female.

“What happened in there?”

“We found a trap door leading to a room that connected with the lower decks on a boat. There were a few of Block B’s men but otherwise there was nothing else. Not a single thing.” Sae Kyung let out the breath she had been holding but her grimace remained on the edge of her lips.

“Yongguk, Zico came up to the rooftop before. That’s why I couldn’t answer you.”

“What did he say?”

“He said this was a warning that he knew what we were up to and to stop prying into his Wonderland.”

“Is that all?”

“Yes.”

Yongguk looked to her in thought before nodding once. “We have to tell the others.”

“I’ll meet you guys at the safe house then.”

“Wait up noona, I’ll go with you.” Zelo said a few last words to Yongguk before walking beside her, reaching out to take a case but pulled back on second thought as he shot a nervous glance at his leader. Sae Kyung shrugged and placed the cases into the trunk of her Infiniti Q60 coupe.

She sat in the driver’s seat and waited for Zelo to put on his seatbelt before driving off towards their safe house in east Seoul.

Sae Kyung was mentally, physically, emotionally exhausted. She couldn’t understand why of all people he had to approach her. She was itching to do something, anything, to Zico and his erse attitude. She wanted to scalp him then slowly remove his fingernails while breaking the bones in his toes. That didn’t even begin to ease her anxiety or distress from his strange fascination of her.

Zelo, on the other hand, observed the older woman next to him.

She looked pissed, to say the least. Her eyebrows were furrowed into a deep scowl and her lips a thin line. He couldn’t deny that she was beautiful. Something about the way she spoke and carried herself boasted compassion but was disguised by disinterest and detachment evident in her interactions with others. It was almost as if she would give her all to someone if she let that mask go which may be why she held onto it so tightly.

Zelo knew how to profile people. That’s what made him such an asset not only to Yongguk but also to BAP. He knew what to look for, what things to distinguish from a person’s behavior and it was a gift and a curse. Zelo had profiled everyone in BAP with the exception of Yongguk, which he swore he would never do in respect to him. He knew things others didn’t, saw small details that others overlooked. Of course, he promised himself he wouldn’t profile someone any longer once they were admitted into the inner circle of BAP but he couldn’t help himself when it came to Sae Kyung.

She was a mystery on top a mystery. He knew that he only saw what she allowed him to see, everything else was hidden under her façade which only flaunted the fact that she had been hiding herself for a very long time.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Zelo prompted, watching her facial expression smooth out into exhaustion, a weary smile directed to him.

“Just tired.” She disclosed and sighed heavily.

He saw her hand grip the wheel a little tighter, her voice a couple tones higher than normal, and the other hand burrow itself under her thigh.

“Hiding something, indeed.” Zelo mused under his breath as he focused his attention on the road.

“Did you say something?” Sae Kyung shot him a slightly concerned look.

“No. Nothing.”

 

 


Hi there! Here is another update for you my lovely readers! So I had a story outline all written out however I talked about my story with a friend and he pointed out some things that needed to be improved regarding the story itself so I wrote out an all new outline so If the chapters are short for a few weeks I apologize but I'm writing the story so it's more clear cut and engaging. 

As always, comments/criticisms/greetings are more than welcome! Your feedback is always helpful for me to write more! 

Oh! And BAP is back! I'm very happy for them and I love there new song Young, Wild & Free so check it out!!

With no further ado, your extra!


 

extra:

"Oh noona, by the way, I think we should tone down our flirting a bit. Seems like someone is getting jealous." Zelo teased, watching as color rose to Sae Kyung's cheeks, painting them an exquisite red that contrasted harshly in the daylight.

"You're lying." She scowled at Zelo but couldn't help the slight smile that crossed her lips.

"He'll probably chew my head off for getting in the car with you." Sae Kyung let out pealing laughter, her eyes bending into soft crescents.

"It's okay Zelo, I'll protect you."

"Really?"

"Nope. You're on your own with him." Zelo looked to Sae Kyung in horror, a genuine look of fear crossing his eyes.

"Noona, he will have my head on a platter and serve it to you as offering."

"I know. I'll put it on my wall, just for you." She offered, her smile never leaving her face.

"C'mon noona, you can't mean that." Zelo said uncertainly, a nervous laughter escaping his throat. 

He was met with silence.

"... Noona?"

Silence.

"Noona, please. I'm too young to die."

Silence.

" my life."