Chapter Two

My Star

Disclaimer: I do not in any shape or form own BAP and make no profits from this story.


Yongguk felt a weight leave his shoulders. He finally found a pair of good hitmen or a hitman and hitwoman to be exact. His gang had already established their territory in Seoul, with the exception of the western area, and of Busan which resided in the southern area of the peninsula. Daehyun and Youngjae both controlled Busan for a long time before Yongguk had met up with them and won their utmost loyalty through means that no one knew except for the three men involved. The southern part of Seoul had been difficult to obtain but Yongguk fought tooth, nail and body for the most profitable and populated area of Seoul.

Once his presence had been marked and declared, Yongguk controlled the drug and weaponry trade in the region as well as clubs and a few art galleries in the area. All he needed was one or two good hitmen to finally bring in the extra income necessary to start expanding and maybe, possibly, complete his collection of the Seoul region.

The western region of Seoul had been captured by none other than Block B who continued to protect their region in means that Yongguk had not figured out. Yet. He knew they participated in the drug trade and heard revolting rumors of their involvement in human trafficking but even with the sum of all those profits as well as their clubs, the amount they make is at least three times that pay. Yongguk couldn’t figure it out and it frustrated him to no end. Jongup and Zelo could not make heads or tails of it either even though they were the best detectives in his group.

Yongguk hoped that the two new members, Sae Kyung and Himchan would help them to improve their income and provide some insight to his Block B problem.

Leaving the two bloodied people in the care of the youngest member in his inner group, Yongguk exited the basement of BAP’s safe house and walked towards the exit.

A familiar number displayed itself on Yongguk’s phone, earning a slight smile from the older man.

“Talk to me.”

“The disruption in Busan has been dealt with. We’ll be in Seoul within the night.”

“Good.”

“How’d the newbies do?”

“Very well. I’m impressed. Although I believe they are older than you.” Yongguk teased with a slight chuckle.

“Eyyyy, I’m still their senior in ranks.” Daehyun replied with the same amusement, a good hearted laugh heard from his end by Youngjae.

“I’ll expect you two tonight. Come by Zero. We have much to discuss with the rookies.” Yongguk ordered the two younger men.

“Aye captain!” The two of them chorused before hanging up the phone.

Yongguk pocketed his phone and exited the premise to his grey Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4, his prized possession.

For now, he had to prep.

 

“Give me a cigarette, kid.” Himchan rasped from his position on the floor. Zelo obliged and handed over his pack along with his lighter.

“Noona, try to stand up. I’m going to bandage you.” Zelo reached around Sae Kyung and lifted her, using the wall as a support.

“You don’t have matches kid?” A cigarette dangled off Himchan’s pouty lips as he looked disdainfully at the DuPont in his hands.

“Matches are cheap.” The younger male grumbled while assisting the older woman take off her shirt leaving her in only a black sports bra. Himchan grunted before lighting the cancer stick and tossing the pack back to Zelo. He eyed the tall man wrapping the white bandage around Sae Kyung. She grimaced but allowed him to continue, not caring for her modesty.

“You next, Hyung. I think Yongguk is going to brief you two about what’s been going on so far tonight at Zero. That should give you about a good six hours to go to our medic and then get ready.” Zelo commented lightly as he walked over to Himchan and started to bandage him.

“Tonight? I should’ve known.” The woman stretched her arms and neck experimentally.

“Hold up, let me call…. Yo Jongup hyung, can you come to the safe house? Yeah, right now. Okay…” Zelo finished bandaging Himchan while balancing his phone between head and shoulder and pulled out a cigarette for himself.

Sae Kyung crawled over to where Himchan sat, nursing his hand and cigarette with a concerned look.

“We did it.” She whispered to him as they watched the younger man talk on his phone.

“That’s what I’m worried about.”

 

“How are your injuries?” Yongguk’s deep baritone voice questioned the two newcomers who sat across from the rumored five inner members of BAP.

“Jongup said as long as I don’t strain myself too much I should be fully healed in four weeks’ time. Himchan is roughly the same as well.” Sae Kyung spoke strongly.

The bass from the club speakers reverberated through the building, shaking the woman every time the beat dropped. Bodies were dancing on the floor below the seven people, gyrating and bumping to the music, allowing the alcohol to run through their systems. Drunken bodies were strewn all around the establishment. Bottles of alcohol made its way from one hand to another.

Above the crowd of drunk and dancing of people sat the seven people of BAP, all with drinks and easy going smiles as the alcohol slowly dimmed their prohibitions. 

“Well then, I have an assignment for you. Easy assignment until you get better. Track down this guy. Don’t engage just track him.” Yongguk disclosed to the two newcomers.

Sae Kyung took the profile from the leader and studied the man in the picture along with Himchan who looked over her shoulder.

He was a middle aged man in his forties with short black hair, peppered with white patches. Premature wrinkles were spotted on his face, a look of suspicion that carried with him even through the photograph. He was last seen in Daegu by a gang affiliate of BAP’s, escaping from who knew what. Sae Kyung looked over to Himchan and gave him a quick pointed look before looking to her new leader.

“Alright. What should we do once we find him?”

“Someone else will come to confront him. We’ve been watching him because he been stealing but he fell off the map. We need to track him again. Leave tomorrow and update me when you find him.” Yongguk took another shot, the sting of alcohol no longer affecting him.

“Yo, what’s with this mood? I just got back and I’m here to relax, not talk business.” A handsome man complained in a high tone as he looked down to the dance floor in search of a female companion for the night.

“I’m gunna check out downstairs, see if the water’s good.” Jongup grinned pleasantly and stood, Daehyun following his lead. They made their way downstairs, first heading to the bar then to the dance floor, maneuvering around the throng of bodies. Daehyun’s million-dollar smile was present on his face whereas Jongup’s was relaxed with a sly smile present on his features. The way the two of them moved boasted familiarity with this scene.

Five pairs of eyes watched them amusedly, three of which were more reserved than the other two.

“We’ll leave tomorrow morning. I think we’ll have him in a couple weeks.” The sole woman in the crowd of men stated quite matter-of-factly to the leader. He nodded once and his eyes hardened before speaking,

“See it done.”