Chapter Five

My Star

Disclaimer: I do not in any shape or form own BAP and make no profits from this story.


Sae Kyung situated herself on the rooftop of a nearby abandoned building, her scoped rifle trained on the four people guarding the entrance of a warehouse in the outskirts of western Seoul. One other man was positioned next to her in a similar manner: right eye trained on the scope, rifle resting snugly on his shoulder, belly flat on the cool concrete and legs spread out in a Y-shape. However, Sae Kyung could see the inexperience radiating from his posture. He was fidgeting constantly and fingers were flexing at random intervals around the trigger in nervousness.

Swiveling her scope just a bit, Sae Kyung could see the outlines of a couple dozen men around the far perimeter of the warehouse led by Yongguk and Zelo who were currently discussing contingency plans should something go wrong.

Grumbling about the obvious gender partisanship in this profession, Sae Kyung adjusted her scope back to the four guards who failed to look inconspicuous.

“Sae Kyung, you ready?” Yongguk’s voice crackled through her ear piece.

“We’re ready up here.” She answered in the affirmative and took a deep breath and held it, focusing her aim on the guard closest to the door.

Of course this wasn’t the first time killing someone. That couldn’t be farthest from the truth. It’s been so long in this profession, she couldn’t even count the number of people she killed from memory. Trained from a young age, Sae Kyung had been a meticulous and precise shot so much so that she started when she was at the sensitive age of 14. She would get the job done, no questions asked like she was conditioned to but that didn’t mean she didn’t feel that sting of remorse for every kill. Indeed, with each kill the pain lessened but she could never forget the first kill. Her face replaced every victim Sae Kyung exterminated.

“Alright. Take them out.”

Releasing her breath and pausing, Sae Kyung fired two shots, one to the head and one to the heart, then another two to the next guard in quick succession, each bullet hitting its mark. Her marks fell down unceremoniously and she turned her gun towards the other two to double check.

“Someone missed.” Came Yongguk’s cold voice. From her right, Sae Kyung could hear the other sniper curse and reload. She saw one of the guards clutch the side of their head, blood pouring out of his left ear.

Quickly taking a breath, and releasing, Sae Kyung fired two more shots and effectively killed the last of the four guards but not before the last guard shot a couple rounds blindly in front of him.

A few more men exited the warehouse in anger, swinging their heads to find the source of shooting. Sae Kyung quickly reloaded, a personal best of three seconds, and shot down the remaining men, all falling down in front of the warehouse. Sae Kyung kept her eyes trained on the front, waiting for more men to exit but none came.

She waited another couple minutes, moving from her spot so she could better see inside the warehouse before saying, “All clear.”

A low whistle blew through the ear piece and Sae Kyung could hear Zelo release a throaty chuckle.

“Damn noona, that was y. How about we cut that five years down to two?” He hummed and Sae Kyung scoffed. Before she could retort, Yongguk’s voice cut through firmly,

“We’re going in. Watch our backs.”

Sae Kyung watched as Yongguk’s group entered the ominous building first, guns grasped tightly in their hands, then Zelo’s group.

The other sniper made his way towards Sae Kyung and placed himself a couple feet from hers.

“Where’d you learn to shoot?” She asked while surveying the area.

“Learned archery when I was younger. Figured being a sniper wouldn’t be too difficult. I’ve never been good with close combat but I do alright with long range.” The man said, also surveying the area.

“I don’t doubt it. Some tips though: don’t wait for the recoil, pull the trigger through all the way then slowly release. If you wait for the recoil and flinch, you’ll miss your target like you did before. Also don’t hold your breath before you shoot. Causes the heart to speed up and adrenaline start to rush. Personally, I inhale then exhale completely then shoot in that three-second pause between breaths. It helps me cal-” Sae Kyung glanced over to the other sniper for just a second but he was slumped forward, a pool of blood circling his head like a halo.

Behind him, a pistol with a silencer was smoking and blond dreadlocks were pushed back as the gun swung towards her.

“Why, hello there beautiful. Told ya we’d meet again.”

 


Hello there my wonderful readers. As promised, here is my weekly update! I am a couple chapters ahead so I should be updating every wednesday (or saturday latest if something comes up). As always, comments/reviews are more than welcome - they are extremely encouraged and help me to find motivation to write more so please leave a comment! I swear I don't bite so you can talk to me :) As a little nudge for you guys to comment a more, I have written an outline to a sequel and possible a third installment for this story so be excited! I'm very very excited!! Look out for next wednesday and have an amazing week my old/new subscribers! You guys are awesome! 


 

extra:

“Damn noona, that was y. How about we cut that five years down to two?” Some other guys near Zelo also murmured in appreciation at her finesse. Yongguk bristled at the comment.

“We’re going in. Watch our backs.” came Yongguk’s cold voice. He made his way to the building, inspecting the area first before entering. The place was barren. Not a soul was seen the large place.

Yongguk heard Zelo’s group enter behind and spread out.

“Check for trapdoors. And hidden rooms.” Commanded their leader. He stood off to the side with Zelo, a cigarette hanging off both their lips as the smoke circled deliciously around the pair.

“So… what’s this about five years?” grunted the older man, keeping his eyes firmly on his men who searched every inch of the warehouse.

“… Hyung?” Yongguk offered no further explanation to the young man, steadily avoiding his curious gaze. After a few moments, Zelo made a noise of understanding and snapped his fingers, “oh that. She said I could ask her on a date in five years.” He elaborated and watched as Yongguk seemed to tense, his thoughts whirling through his mind. Zelo contemplated telling the older man that he and Sae Kyung were just teasing each other but found he couldn’t find the right time to say it.

“She said five years?” He half-asked, half-confirmed with Zelo.

“Well… Yeah…” Zelo tried to catch his hyung’s eyes but failed miserably.

Under his breath, Yongguk mumbled something about being 30 and children which only caused Zelo’s head spin in confusion tenfold. Finally, the mumbling stopped and Yongguk looked to Zelo, his gaze piercing.

“This conversation never happened,” Zelo could only nod, knowing his voice would crack and he swallowed the lump in his throat, “and you will not ask her anything in two years… Or five… Or ever.” He finished, a weirdly satisfied look to him. Zelo nodded weakly and looked to the searching men, wishing desperately he could be one of them instead of here next to Yongguk’s satisfied yet terrifying mood.