Is Your World A Dream?

Sharing The Same World

[ Your POV ]

“Are you sure you’re going to be fine?” My mum watched me as I walked out of the house and into the street. I smiled at her reassuringly.

“It doesn’t hurt at all, Mum. Look!” I marched, arms swinging by my sides. Ouch, ouch, ouch…

She laughed. “Alright then, Jinae. Have fun at school~”

Being a loner? Sure.

I kept on walking normally, and when I was sure my mum had returned into the house, I slightly limped. My twisted ankle still hurt and wasn’t healed fully, but I can’t skip school twice in a row. Never had I done that. Heck I don’t ever remember the last time I skipped school.

“LEE JINAE!”

Omo. Did someone just call my name?

I turned around to find the kingka Yong Junhyung smiling at me, riding his bicycle. He stopped next to me and grabbed my bag. My eyes widened as he placed it on top of his on the bicycle's basket.

“Wha-what are you doing?” I squeaked, my throat dry.

“Going to school, duh. Come on, we’re going to be late,” he slid forwards, making space.

So it wasn’t a dream… Yong Junhyung really brought me back home the other night.

“Why, is it normal for me to be in your dream?” he winked as I carefully sat behind him. I blushed.

“No.”

He pouted. “Damn,” he laughed as he started pedalling. As I felt the sudden movement, my hands gripped onto the back of his shirt. I could feel my face heating up again. Why does this happen…

Yong Junhyung… can you still hear me? I asked in my thoughts, just to make sure everything in what I thought was my dream was in fact a reality.

Yes. I thought it was a dream too. Hold on tighter, we’re going around a corner!

His speed increased, and subconsciously I wrapped my arms around his waist. I could feel my heart beating faster. Hopefully he didn’t hear that as well.

~

[ Junhyung’s POV ]

Yong Junhyung… can you still hear me?

So it really wasn’t a dream, and reading her thoughts wasn't a coincidence but a miracle. I smiled to myself, and it felt like my energy increased as I pedalled faster.

Yes. I thought it was a dream too. Hold on tighter, we’re going around a corner!

She wrapped her arms around me, and I felt my chest tightening. I felt embarrassed, happy, excited, all at once and I can’t explain why. There was something about Lee Jinae.

As we neared the school, heads turned our way. It most certainly wasn’t my first time, but I could tell it was Jinae’s by the way she uncomfortably loosened her grip around me, and hung her head as if in shame. Our fellow schoolmates started gossiping as we got to the bicycle stand and parked. She quickly got off the bicycle, took her bag and bowed before she left.

Without a word; but with a kind thought.

Thank you.

As she walked away… I felt our connection weaken once again, until I could no longer hear her thoughts of worries and anxieties… About being bullied once again, and no longer being ignored.

Don’t worry, Lee Jinae. I’ll protect you.

~

[ Your POV ]

I entered the classroom just before the bell rang. For the first time, girls and guys looked at me as I walked in, their eyes burning holes all over me. I kept my head low as I walked to my seat. Thank God the teacher came in before any of Junhyung’s fangirls could come and talk to me.

“Good morning, seonsangnim~” the class stood up and bowed in harmony.

“Morning class,” she replied. “We’ve got a new assistant teacher. Treat him kindly; he’s just a student teacher. Please come in, Lee Kikwang-ssi.”

My eyes turned to the classroom’s front door. I could see my female classmates’ eyes widening and jaws dropping as possibly the most gorgeous Korean human being to ever exist on Earth walked in. He wore a simple T-shirt, skinny jeans and Adidas shoes. He was obviously going to be very popular.

“Annyeong, Lee Kikwang imnida,” he curtly bowed and gave a dazzling smile. These girls are ridiculous; first looking like they wanted to kill me when they saw me on Junhyung’s bicycle, then forgetting all about their Junhyung oppa the moment this Kikwang guy comes in the room.

Throughout the rest of the class, the girls in my class kept on putting up their hands, wanting help from Kikwang with their maths. I kept my head down, doing my work and actually happy for the distraction this Kikwang gave.

Hey. You better not be studying during lunch. Meet me at the cafeteria the moment the bell rings.

I looked up. Who was that?! I turned to look out the room’s window, and found Junhyung winking at me. I narrowed my eyes at him and he gave me a salute as he laughed with his eyes and walked away.

When the bell rung an hour later, the class filed out. I took my time packing up my things. Normally, I wouldn’t even leave this seat, but I had to go to the cafeteria to tell Junhyung I didn’t feel like eating and wanted to study. That guy… Just because he’s a kingka, he thinks he can order me around?!

“Wow. You’re good.”

I looked up. It was the student teacher, Lee Kikwang. He picked up my notebook, and looked at it thoroughly.

“You’re ahead… I can’t see a single mistake in here either,” he bit his lip as he checked my work, flipping through pages and pages. I smiled, pleased. This was the first time someone had acknowledged my presence and my work at the same time. My teachers never did that, although I’ve worked so hard.

“Komawo,” I beamed. He closed my book and smiled at me. Placing it in front of me on my desk, he kept both his palms on it as he leaned towards me. I reddened as I saw his face coming closer to mine.

“Have lunch with me.”

 

 

I'm so sorry for the slow updates! >_____<
All comments and subscriptions are cherished!
Thank you for reading. <3