There's Space In My World

Sharing The Same World

“Well then, Lee Jinae,” he chuckled. “It’s your lucky day. I’m willing to give you a ride home on my bicycle if you want. I have your bag too, and if you let me drop you off, you could see this angel smile more.”

~

[ Your POV ]

I sighed heavily.

“I really don’t think that is safe, Junhyung-ssi,” I glanced at his bicycle. I’ve never ridden a normal bicycle with another person before. It certainly didn’t feel safe to me.

“Well it is, so stop worrying,” he got onto the vehicle. I hesitatingly followed suit.

“Yah! You think your balance is that good? Wrap your arms around me,” he half-yelled. I rolled my eyes.

“Hell no,” I shook my head. Your fangirls are going to kill me if they see us.

“I don’t give a , just do it,” he said, grabbing my wrists and pulling me forward, wrapping my arms around his waist. My cheek fell onto his back, and he started pedalling before I could further argue. I could feel my face heating up.

Thank God he can’t see my face.

“Why, because it’s ugly?” he laughed.

I’m just kidding, Jinae-ssi.

“No, you’re not,” I softly murmured. “I get it… It’s why I don’t have friends.”

I could feel tears threatening to fall from my eyes, but I didn’t allow them to. I bit my lip, restraining myself from crying. I didn’t hear Junhyung say anything or think anything, because there was a storm in my head. It was that voice. There was a teeny tiny voice in my head that was able to create a war in my mind, and I hated it so much.

It called me ugly. It said that’s it’s not a wonder everyone doesn’t like me; that no one wanted to be my friend, and no one will ever want to. That Junhyung was only pitying me, and everything will go back to normal tomorrow.

Maybe this is a dream… Just something from my delusional imagination. Junhyung-ssi as a friend?

I didn’t know why my subconscience would choose Junhyung as my imaginary friend who can read my thoughts. That’s just how lonely I was, I guess. I’d even go as far as imagining the kingka to be my friend.

“We’re here,” the bicycle suddenly stopped, and I quickly touched my tear ducts with my long sleeves before getting off and facing him. He smiled at me politely, and I bowed. He was a sunbae after all, and he did take the time to make sure I got home safe.

“Komawo,” I said, almost whispered. He chuckled, grabbed my bag off the bicycle’s basket and handed it to me.

“I put your painting back in the art room, so don’t worry about it, alright?” he said softly. I nodded. Why is he being so nice… Is it cos he read my thoughts earlier? He really is pitying me. Aish, stop thinking Jinae!

“Take care going back home,” I replied. “And uh, thanks again…”

“No worries. What are friends for, right?” he winked. I felt my heart beat faster, and I watched his back as he pedalled away. As he got further and further, just like a mobile phone signal I could feel our connection get weaker and weaker... until I could obviously not read his mind, and he couldn’t read mine.

Friends. Bull. What a stupid dream. Reading kingkas’ minds… you’re officially insane.

~

[ Junhyung’s POV ]

When her beautiful big eyes widened as she fell into my arms, and then closed when she lost her senses after bumping her head into mine, the first thought that came into my head wasn’t how my forehead hurt, but,

How come I have never seen those eyes before? Surely if I have… I would’ve remembered her. Talked to her. Been her friend.

Reading her mind after she woke up after the accident was the most depressing thing I have ever done. Her past would come back to her in bits and pieces–the bullying and the ignorance. It wasn’t long before I knew that I had to protect her. I didn’t know who she was… but I just had to protect her.

No, I’m not falling in love. That’s ridiculous. It’s just simply immoral to leave a vulnerable girl alone like that.

No one deserved to be alone in this world.

I wanted to comfort her during the ride to her house, tell her that I was just joking. But it almost seemed as if she was pushing me away, the storm in her head was telling me that I couldn’t pry.

There’s space in my world.

~

She didn’t come to school the day after.

I didn’t know which class she belonged to, so I had to search in each room and corner around the whole school during break, looking like an idiot trying to find her. I didn’t want her to spend lunch by herself. Girls would squeal in my presence, and I would politely nod or smile. Guys would stop me and ask me what I was looking for, and offer their help. I would refuse, selfishly wanting to find her by myself.

If other guys were to see those eyes…

Unconsciously, my fists curled up in anger at that thought.

She’s not your girlfriend, you idiot.

She isn’t. Why am I acting like a jealous lover? I bet I’m not even her type. Especially after that white underwear incident…

I just shook my head, giving up just before the bell rung, signalling the time for class. I was being ludicrous. What if everything was just made up? I might’ve just dreamt of it last night. Maybe she didn’t exist at all, and I’ve been looking for no one like a psycho. I laughed at myself, and Dongwoon my best friend looked at me strangely. I only grinned back.

“I just had the weirdest dream last night, Dongwoon.”

 

 

I hope I get more comments and subscribers! <3
Really trying my best to make this fanfic work out.
Love yous! ^_____^