Entering Your World

Sharing The Same World

[ Your POV ]

Loneliness.

The word that describes how I feel. Every. Single. Day.

In my old school, I would get bagged. Teased for having such boring straight hair, for having my school skirt reach my knees, and never going out during break times, because I'd rather stay inside classrooms and study. I was pushed around, meddled with, had pranks played out on. I couldn’t take it anymore–for once, I begged my parents to do something for me, and that was to let me move schools. I know it caused them trouble, but I simply couldn’t tolerate it any longer.

But now in this new school…

I’m not even noticed.

I don’t know if I’m being ignored. You can’t really ignore people you don’t notice. But no one acknowledges me. The only times I would hear my name in school would be during the roll call. I’m not bagged, but I’m not talked to. I’m not pushed around, but it feels like no one can see me.

The school’s only loner.

But because of a simple accident, an unexpected event, an unexplainable ordeal–my whole life changed. My school life, my social life… my love life.

And it was because of you, Yong Junhyung.

~

I still remember the day like the back of my hand. That’s a weird saying actually. I don’t think that if you took my hands away and told me to imagine what the back of one of them looks like, I’d be able to remember all the details. But whatever. You get the gist, right?

I walked through the locker corridors… walked past crowds and crowds of teenagers. They were talking about their weekends–shopping, hooking up with the opposite , how they went to the beach. Happy couples were holding hands, and best friends were laughing, remembering inside jokes. I smiled. They were so… normal.

I’m a normal teenager too. I love to read. I love to go shopping when my parents take me. I may not look like it but I love fashion magazines, and Kpop boybands, and I watch the latest variety shows. I’m normal too.

Let me enter your world, I would beg and plead with my eyes. But they never looked back at me.

I don’t know which was worse–the physical pain of being bullied, or the emotional pain of being ignored.

So I sighed deeply, and continued on. My classes went ahead as usual. My classmates would pass notes secretly around, be it about the teacher or some gossip. The notes would never be passed to me. The teacher would also ask questions about what they were teaching, and pick random members of the class to demand an answer from. I was never picked.

My last class was art class. I love art, so I decided to stay back and finish my painting. It was a dark painting filled with shades of black, and I felt sad and gloomy just looking at it. But that wasn’t anything different from the norm.

Before I knew it, an hour had already passed. My parents didn’t like me staying back for more than an hour, but I didn’t feel like I did enough. So I thought I’d finish my painting at home. I packed up all my things, put my backpack on and picked up the big painting canvas. I had to walk sideways through the classroom door, and headed to the staircase.

I was doing a good job of walking down the stairs. I could barely see my feet because of the massive painting I was carrying, but I managed halfway through.

Before I knew it, I was tumbling down. My right foot took a step so big, it missed one of the stair’s steps and my ankle twisted. I fell down, letting my painting slide away from my grasp… It reached the ground floor before I did. Actually, I never touched the floor at all.

For I landed on someone, bumping my head painfully against his before I fell on top of him on the ground. Is he an angel?

Well, that’s what being in his arms felt like. Heavenly.

Those were my last thoughts, before I closed my eyes, and fainted.

~

[ Author's Note ]

Jinae's thoughts
Junhyung's thoughts

~

I woke up to a white and sterile room, my hands folded on top of each other. I sat up immediately, and felt a shot of pain in my right leg. My ankle was bandaged. I looked around. I was alone in the school’s infirmary.

Thoughts filled my head. I didn’t remember how I got here… Oh wait, so I was going home after staying back… OH MY GOSH! Where’s my painting?! What time is it? My parents are sooo gonna kill me! Where’s my bag?!

The door slid open.

I looked up, eyes widening at the tall person that walked in.

Yong Junhyung…

“You’re awake,” he smiled. My mouth gaped open. It was the first time anyone’s ever acknowledged me.

He’s talking to me!

“Of course I’m talking to you,” he smirked, pulling up the chair beside the bed and sitting down. Then he gasped.

“! Did you even talk?” he asked. I shook my head.

“Then… how come I... I think I can hear you…” he murmured, taking his chin in his hand. He looked like he was thinking carefully. Probably questioning his sanity. His eyes glanced over my body.

Is that… white underwear?

“Omo! ert!” I squeaked. I slapped his head, and pulled down my skirt. Wait, how did I know he was ing on me? Ugh, whatever, what a disgusting kid!

“Ow! What the hell lady?!” he rubbed his head. “I saved you!”

Saved me my , you just came in to e!

I blew a raspberry and looked to my left, annoyed at him. I crossed my arms. I couldn’t believe my luck.

The school’s erted kingka was the guy who I thought was an angel.

“Listen… I know this sounds really weird,” he said. I turned to him, glaring. “But I feel like I can hear what you’re thinking.”

It was my turn to smirk. Really now.

Really. How about you, can you hear what I’m thinking?

Oh my gosh… What the hell?!

Is that you… Yong Junhyung?!

He grinned, telling me he can clearly read what I was thinking. He looked somehow happy about this, while I on the inside was panicking.

You know my name! This is a miracle! We can read each others’ thoughts!

“And I did not come here just to e!” He said out loud, to exclaim his point. My jaw hung open, like a fish. But I still refused to believe he could hear my thoughts.

“Alright then, What’s my name? I’m thinking of it now,” I replied after recovering from my shock.

I’m Lee Jinae… but as if you could read this. Ugh, I really need to get home, but I have a broken ankle… Where’s my bag, and what the hell’s the time…

I looked at him. He was smiling. Awh, he looks so cute with that smile… He's not a kingka for no reason

“Well then, Lee Jinae,” he chuckled. “It’s your lucky day. I’m willing to give you a ride home on my bicycle if you want. I have your bag too, and if you let me drop you off, you could see this angel smile more.”

OH. MY. GOSH.

 

 

Please comment and subscribe! >______<