Chapter Three

Undead delights

  As I walked into the stables, my horse Kim Hyun, started to neigh loudly in excitement. I soothed him and saddled up. his white fur, I got up on him. Giving him a slight jolt in the stomach, we were off trotting over to the exit of the stables. I caught up with Joon and the others soon enough. We headed through the thick forest, ducking branches; avoiding large boulders and jumping over the odd log. After 30 minutes of riding through the forest we finally arrived at the village. As soon as we reached the clearing, we could see the fumes of smoke. Also, to our disgust; the smell of burning human corpses.

 I quickly rode forward, catching up with Joon. “ What do you think started this?” I asked Joon, clutching my nose.

“ I’m not so sure myself…” Joon trailed off, staring at, what was once, a village.

  “ I can’                t  hear anyone apart from us… didn’t you say that some troupes came here yesterday?” I asked, desperate for a answer.

“ Jaejoong,… I think those troupes won’t be coming back” I hear Key say, from a distance. I rode over to where he was and surveyed what he had scene. All the trouped that Joon had sent out… had been all brutally murdered. I hopped down from Kim Hyun and walked over to one of the soldiers. I squatted down and examined his face. His face was pale, but the paleness wasn’t like mine, but a paleness you turn when you are dry of blood. I turned over his head, blocking my nose with the other hand. Half of his neck was missing; you could even clearly see his spinal cord. I looked away, chocking back my feeling of vomiting. This was no work of a human, this had to be a vampire attack.

 

It must have been female too. I pulled up the long black hair on the soldiers wound. There was a faint lip mark of red lipstick.  I examined the other soldiers and they too, had a large chunk missing out of the side of their neck. But they were all female bites, but there were two of them. Those two, supposedly “men”  that Bom was talking about, must have been two female vampires, that probably made themselves seem like men with their stature, and they probably put on a male voice. But what was so special about this village? It’s not as if they had anything specialised in. But I do remember that this village had specialised in vampire slaying, no wonder we never really went past this way.

 “Pretty gruesome don’t you reckon?” I heard Heechul chuckle.

“You think this is funny?” I fumed. I can’t believe that guy. I don’t understand why he is so heartless sometimes.

“Well, isn’t this a village which had professional vampire slayers? Pretty good reason to destroy it” Heechul chortled, sighing. I grabbed him by the collar, glaring at him; his feet barley touching the floor.

 “Vampire slayers or not, so many lives were lost here! And yet you laugh about this?! What is wrong with your sick mind?!” I exploded at Heechul, but  Heechul rolled his eyes in reply.

“No wonder you weren’t chosen for king..” Heechul murmured sarcastically. That was it, he has pushed me to boiling point. I threw a blow at his jaw, sending him meters away. He came running back punching me in the abdomen. Pain shot through me, making me wince.

 “Haven’t had a good meal in a long time have we, brother?” Heechul hissed, laughing. I was about to throw another punch but Joon stopped me, pushing me back, sending me skidding into the dirt. “Knock it off would you?” Joon turned and faced Heechul

 “You too Heechul, humans lives are vital too you know? Stop thinking about yourself and think of others sometime” Joon growled at Heechul, making him flinch.  Huh, not so tough are we now?

 I thought to myself, stifling a smirk.  “ Jaejoong, this isn’t a time to be fighting amongst ourselves, this is a serious matter” Joon glared at me waiting for a answer.

“ You think I was being immature?! Do you think I deliberately start fights to make you annoyed? Ugh, I’m sick and tired of taking orders from you! Can’t you treat me like a brother sometimes? Instead of a fellow soldier? Did you ever think I had feelings Joon?”  I yelled at Joon making him look away. He didn’t answer, but only walked off. No didn’t think so, thinking of his answer.

---------------------------------------------

sorry if theres TYPOOS~~ haha

might update again in a few weeks ^^