Woes and Wisdom

I Need U Boy (A Jikook Fanfic Series)

I got up and walked back to the sidewalk, taking one last glance at the cherry blossom tree before continuing on my way. Walking back to our dorms' building seemed to take a lot longer than when I had left it nearly an hour ago, and it felt that with every step I took my feet grew heavier.

~.~.~.~

Finally, I made it to our room door and turned the handle. I know they've been waiting for me, I just know.

When I walked in and closed the door, every one of them were huddled together in the living room. The first person that came up to me was Rapmon hyung, who had been standing with his arms crossed.

"Jimin, where have you been? Tae texted you earlier and you didn't even tell him where you were," He probed with a worrisome expression in which I shrugged carelessly. "Just out. I'm back though, you don't have to worry," I responded, attempting to walk past him. "That's what he told me earlier!" V yelled, causing Rapmon's strong hand to forcefully hit my chest, preventing me from moving.

"We need to talk, now," He mumbled intimidatingly. I sighed in defeat and followed him through the hall, catching a glimpse at some of the members as I passed. V was looking at me with shame and concern, Suga was staring at me as if he were going to put a bullet through my head, and Jungkook gave me all but an expressionless glance. I shook my head angrily and followed Rapmon to his bedroom, and he closed the door once I was inside. He massaged his forehead as he walked to his bed and sighed, looking up at me.

"What's going on? Why are you acting like this?" He said while looking directly into my eyes. I shook my head and looked down, avoiding eye contact.

"It's none of your business. You don't need to know-" I answered, but Rapmon cut me off. "No, don't give me that. What's up? Tell me, or I'm gonna get Suga in here to talk some sense into you, maybe even more than talk if necessary," He stated, grabbing my full attention. Everyone in Bangtan was at least a little scared of Suga, especially when he was as mad as I saw him out there.

"Why are you making me do this? It's not like you care anyway!" I accused with a shaky voice, causing Rapmon to lift an eyebrow in incredulity.

"Because I care, that's why. You might not think that I do, but if I didn't, you wouldn't be standing there right now," He spoke casually, pointing to my feet. That's one thing I disliked about Rapmon hyung- I could talk to him about the most frustrating thing in the world, but he would always treat is as if it were no big deal.

I rolled my eyes and looked at him annoyingly. "Okay, so I'm here. How does that mean you care? I could tell you all my worries and whatever, but in the end you wouldn't really understand anyway," I stated irritatingly. Rapmon sighed and placed both elbows on his knees, holding his hands together. "Come sit," He said, cocking his head at the empty spot next to him. I slowly trudged my way over to his bunk and plopped myself down, refusing to look at him. I just stared at the wall in front of me.

"Tell me. Whats wrong?" He repeated, but slower and urgently this time, looking over at me and patiently waiting for me to give in. "I'm just.. I like someone, a lot," I responded, gathering up the words that have been stowed away for so long. Rapmon snorted as he tried his best not to laugh. "Wha- what do you mean Jiminie?"

"I'm in love, Monie," I added, placing my face into my hands embarrassingly.

Rapmon hesitated while he tried to figure out how to respond to what I had just said. "Oh, uh.. Thats.. that's good! Right? Being in love is a good thing.. Is it.. Is it a girl?" He asked, his consolement coming out painfully awkward. "No. It's not," I responded, looking over at Rapmon with guilt and darkness in my eyes. He looked back at me confusedly.

"And being in love is not a good thing. It's killed me.. For so long." I gritted my teeth at the memories. "It's one sided, and I know it will never be any different. That's whats wrong," I concluded, looking back at him to see how he'd taken it. He drew aback and squinted his eyes at me.

"Is this about Jungkookie?" He asked, his gaze piercing into my soul. "...It's that obvious?" I responded, rubbing my neck.

"Ah.." He nodded, smiling to himself while looking down at the floor. "I knew there was something going on between you two. It was just this.. gut feeling," He joked with his fist against his stomach, looking back at me with a grin.

"Yah, this isn't the time... You know how much he dislikes me. That can really screw you up, especially if you're a consistent person like me," I said. "I only want him to love me back."

"Yeah no I get it. I just never knew you were that upset about it, I never knew it was that serious for you.." He stated, glancing over at me worriedly.

"I see that you really care about him, but you just gotta remember one thing; Jungkookie is still an immature child, okay? On top of that, he's shy, and doesn't show his emotions as well as you. He doesn't know how to respond to someone showing so much affection to him, so you'll never know how he really feels unless you just ask him yourself," Rapmon concluded, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Woe woe! I can't tell him how I feel! If I do that, he'll never talk to me again!" I exclaimed, the anxiety rising in my chest. "Jiminie, you don't know that," Rapmon responded. "For all you know, he could have been feeling the same way the whole time, but just had a totally different way of showing it," He added.

He exhaled loudly, squeezing my shoulder as I breathed heavily. "I know I'm not good at these things, but I do know who would be much better at it. He would understand," Rapmon posed, and I looked at him curiously. "Who?" I asked shaking my head.

"Hobie," He responded, leaving me dumbfounded. "Hell no! You think telling him about this is the best solution? Hobie hyung will surely tell Suga, Suga will tell Jin, Jin will tell V, and V will tell..." I ranted, looking at Monie worriedly.

"I.. I can't," I stated, and ran for the door. I left the room and made it to mine, closing the door behind me. I slumped down onto my bed and placed my arms up behind my head and layed there, just staring at the ceiling. Why can't I just forget about him, like we never met? Then I wouldn't be dying inside all the time.

Moments later, someone knocked on my door. "Go away Monie hyung," I yelled, covering my face with my pillow. Regardless, he still opened the door.

"Hey Jiminie," greeted Jhope, startling me as I didn't expect it to be him. "Ughh," I grunted, the sound being muffled by my pillow. I felt the bed dip down and heard the creak of the mattress. "I saw you come in here, you looked pretty upset," He said, probably staring at me. I didn't want him bugging me, even if we shared this room.

"Yeah, well don't worry about it," I replied, turning over to face the wall. "Just leave me alone," I pleaded, closing my eyes shut hoping he would leave. "Nice try," He laughed, ruffling my hair. I smacked his hand away out of annoyance. "You know I really like that color on you, it suits your feisty personality," He said referring to my fire-truck red hair. He sighed and faced forward, obviously realizing I wasn't in the mood for laughing. "I'm sorry.. to have barged in like this.. but we're all worried about you," He began, looking down at the carpet. I opened my eyes, my interest to acknowledge him returning.

"I've never seen you like this... and I really want to help, but if you don't want me to, then I guess I can't force you. Just know that I'm always here, if you need someone to talk to.. about anything," He said, getting up off of my bed. He crawled into his own and turned off the light, leaving me alone in the darkness.

I lay stiff, breathing in the stale air of distrust. It brought me guilt and I didn't want to be in there with him at the moment, so I waited for him to start snoring before quietly slipping out of my bed and leaving the room. I made sure to check if anyone was in the living room before I left the hall, and the coast was clear. Thankfully, everyone must've been in their rooms by now.

I walked out to the patio and sat on the ground. The moon was raised high in the sky and I looked up to it, admiring it's brightness and beauty. So close, yet so far away. I heard the crickets playing their songs as I felt the breeze ruffle through my loose hoodie and hair while I leaned against the wall. Solitude is nice... no wonder Jungkook likes it so much.

As I was looking down at the city beneath me, I heard someone's footsteps walk out onto the patio, and I looked up to see who it was. Speak of the devil, there he was. He looked surprised, as if he hadn't expected me to be out here as well.

Jungkook smiled and sat down on the opposite side of the patio, holding a soda can. "I guess you had the same idea, huh?" He asked, now looking out at the world like I had been. "Yeah, I guess," I responded, automatically smiling at the fact that Jungkook was talking to me. I was sure he would give me the silent treatment after what happened today.

He didn't say anything for a while other than sip his grape soda and observe the streets. Peaceful. "Where were you today?" He asked, rattling me from my gaze. "Oh, uh.." I hesitated, my lips. "At the park," I replied, looking at him through the dim moonlight with an expression of pure admiration. He nodded and took another swig of his drink. "I see... Why were you out there by yourself?" He asked, now making eye contact with me. I nervously looked away and then gathered up the courage to look back, though the intimacy was quite strong for me.

"Ah, just thinking about this and that," I smiled, although faking it was painful. "We all seem to be thinking about this and that these days," He said, hugging his legs against his chest. "..Are you okay?" He asked, eyeing me suspiciously. I shifted nervously. "Be honest," He stated, scooting closer to me.

, he's onto me.. But I can't just tell him! Not yet at least...  what do I do!? "Uhmm," I dragged out, trying to find the right words to say. "What is there not to be okay about?" I asked, attempting to shift the attention away from my well-being. "Well I don't know... Life problems, financial problems, first-world problems.." He listed, looking at me while he said the last part.

"What? Pftt.. First world problems?? No way.. I'm as happy as can be, really," I assured him, easing his suspicious expression. "Really? Cause you don't seem like it," He pointed out, and I mentally gave up on trying to fake my current state. "Hey," He called out to me. I looked up at him gloomily.

"What do you say we go out for some food tomorrow night? Just me and you," He proposed, and my eyes lightened up immediately. "Really?" I asked, already feeling overly excited. "Yeah!" He confirmed, taking another drink of his soda. I smiled at him and brushed my hair back, feeling speechless and like I could fly off into the night. "So it's a date then," I declared, grinning euphorically. He chuckled and stood up, holding his locked arm out to me. I shot up and took the opportunity to wrap my hand around his muscular bicep.

"Me and Jungkookie are going on a date tomorrow!" I sang out as we skipped frivolously into the dorm. He shushed me once we were inside due to my loudness, but I was too happy to care. "YAH! You two get to bed already!" Jin called out, causing me and Jungkook to disband and scurry to our rooms knowing Jin shared a room with Suga. Before I entered my room, me and Jungkook exchanged smiles and laughs before closing our doors.

For the next two hours I just lay in my bed.. too excited to drift away into dreamland. I guess things are finally starting to look up.