Mystery of the Marigolds

I Need U Boy (A Jikook Fanfic Series)

"Hyung! Wait up!" A cheerful voice called out to me, sounding like a symphony of beautiful stringed instruments all at once. I looked back at the person I had apparently been running from, but there was no one to be seen. I scanned the field, but the only things around me were the white flowers and blue sky, and one cherry blossom tree in the distance. In curiosity, I walked slowly towards it, determined to discover what was hiding there. I didn't know what it was, but something was telling me I needed to find out. Once I got close enough to reach the pink blossoms of the tree that hung low and swayed in the wind, I looked around the tree trunk, but still didn't see anyone. All of a sudden, I couldn't see anything at all, just darkness. "Got ya!" The melody of a voice called out, his laughter following afterwards and bouncing off of the atmosphere and into my head a million times over. I grabbed his hands from my eyes and turned myself around, prepared to finally see who this mystery person was. All I knew was how his voice sounded, and it was like music to my ears. Again, he had vanished.

"I'm over here!" He hinted from behind me, and I was like a child again playing hide and seek, attempting to find out where he was. "Over here!" He called to my right, but he was still not there. "You'll never catch me," He chuckled, and this time I gave up and sunk to the floor, my knees up against my chest. Why won't he ever let me see who he is? Just then I felt a head against my right shoulder. I slowly looked over my left shoulder to see who it was, and Jungkook's pure features faced the sky, reflecting the bright light of the sun and shadows from the tree above us. 

"Jung.. Jungkookie?" His eyes opened slightly to look at my quavering face, and he reached his hand over to place atop of mine. He didn't say anything, but I could feel his words deep within me, I could feel what he had to say. He said, "Lay your head down on my shoulder, and everything will be alright." So I did, and we sat there in peace and harmony, resting our heads on each other as we breathed equally. Same heart beat, same soul. "Jungkookie, I.. I love y-"

"Hyung, wake up!" Jungkook urged from the side of my bed, and my blood-shot eyes opened as soon as I heard him. Finally, I could see him. He's real, and he's not a dream. He's here in his whole entirety, close to my face and relieved that I'm finally awake. "Jungkookie, is that really you?" I asked, feeling like my whole life could depend on what he says next. "Yes, I'm here, hyung. How was your rest?" He asked, pulling up my blanket a little higher on my chest and then tucking it in around my feet. I just watched him, watched him care for me and be there for me, like I had always wanted him to. 

His hands moved higher and higher until he was tucking the blanket around my waist, and he looked up to me hesitantly as he realized I had just been staring into his eyes the whole time. "Did you have a dream?" He asked, disregarding my silence. I smiled to myself and my eyes traveled up his neck and to his pretty little face, still as youthful and pristine as I remembered it. "Yes, actually.. it was about you," I stated. We exchanged looks, and both said that they couldn't really understand why that is. "R-really?" He asked, stuttering slightly. "What.. What happened in it?" 

I focused my irritated eyes on my blanket, then looked over at the flowers placed on my bedside table. The Marigolds, or what had once been Marigolds, were already wilted and crumpled on the bottom of the glass vase. The thought of it made me sad. "Flowers.. There were.. Flowers all around me, and.. And," I began, as Jungkook sat down on a chair to my right. "And.. And what?" He questioned, leaning in the slightest bit to be able to hear my weak voice. "And a cherry blossom tree. There was this.. This voice that, it was so beautiful I.. I couldn't even explain it if I tried to," I somewhat laughed, recalling the altered reality of a fantasy I had dreamt up. 

"Who's.. Who's voice was it?" Jungkook gulped, almost as if he were certain who's it was. But why was he so determined- yet scared to find out? "Yours," I replied, looking over at Jungkook's disturbed face. I knew he didn't want this- not again, so I looked away. He rubbed his face in his hands and anxiously sprang from his seat, causing me to look up at him. "Wh-where are you going?" I asked, not wanting him to leave me. "I'm sorry, but I.. I have to go. I'll come again tomorrow. Bye hyung," He said, walking swiftly out of the hospital room. What is wrong with me? I huffed out, having screwed things up yet again. But the real question was, what's wrong with him?

~.~.~.~

Many hours passed, until late afternoon came around and the sun was beginning to set, very slowly. My eyes looked out the window to the world of Seoul, melting in bright colors as the day faded into night. My dream replayed over and over in my head. The way his face radiated brightly and flawlessly.. the way his voice sounded to me was utterly stunning, and the way his head felt on my shoulder left my heart warm and complete. It was all just a dream, a wish at the least. Why don't wishes come true? At least for me? I just want to feel loved, by the person whom I've loved for as long as I can remember. Is it too much to ask? Maybe.

When I turned my head to face the front after a long time of staring at the sight, I caught a tall figure standing in the doorway from the corner of my eye. My eyes shot to him, and Rapmon smiled back at me, his dimples punctuating deeply into his tanned cheeks. "Hyung!" I exclaimed, smiling widely as he entered the room and gave me a hug. "How long have you been here?" I asked, suddenly feeling embarrassed at sitting perfectly still for thirty minutes or more, staring in the same direction. 

"Not long, but I came as soon as I got the news that you were finally awake," He replied, and sat himself down on a chair—as many others do. He leaned back comfortably and took off his baseball cap, revealing his usual neatly-gelled short blonde hair. "How are you doing, Jiminie?" He asked, getting right to business. I thought a bit before answering. If you didn't count grief and slight depression, I would say I'm doing.. good.  

"I'm doing good, I think," I replied, but his face lowered disapprovingly. "Alright, alright. Still feeling like if you really want to know," I laughed, and he smiled in response, but I could tell that a smile was not what he felt on the inside. "Did Jungkookie stop by like he said he would? I mean he always does, but.. today he seemed a little different," Rapmon said, his eyebrows furrowing in uncertainty. He seemed different?  My face frowned at the mention of his name.  "He stopped by, then left. He couldn't stand the thought of me having dreamt of him," I shook my head, once again remembering the dream that still remained crystal clear in my mind. 

"You dreamed about him?" He asked, sounding amused. "What was it about?" He asked, a chuckle escaping his lips. "That's nothing for you to know," I smirked at him, causing his grin to recede a little. "What I dreamt about is between Jungkookie and I," I pronounced, looking at the hand that Jungkook had grabbed in my dream. "But if only he could do what he did then, now," I said, my eyes growing sad and hollow once more. "Hey, don't get like that," Rapmon plead, leaning towards me. "You make me worry too much, more than I already do," He said, looking down at his nervous-wringing hands. Silence took over the room as I reviewed everything Rapmon had just told me.

"What do you mean he seemed 'different?'" I asked suddenly, breaking the awkward tension between us. "Uh.. He just, he was like nervous and anxious to leave the dorm, but every time I asked him if he was going to leave, he would just snap and start freaking out. I don't know what's happening to him," He replied, and my mind wandered a thousand places. 

I remember... very faintly and vaguely, but I remember... That he talked to me, while I was asleep. He talked to me a lot, and every day the conversations got longer and longer. Most of the time I got a sense of comfort with him being there, talking to me, even if I couldn't hear a word he was saying.  "Oh! I uh.. Brought something for you," Rapmon said, digging into his pocket to retrieve his cell phone. He scrolled a few times, then tapped the screen and handed it to me. "We all made it, I hope you like it," He said, and I patiently waited for the video to start. 

~.~.~.~

"Jiminie hyung!" V spoke loudly, seeming to be outside of our dorm on the steps. "What a fine day in Seoul it is.. but wait! I almost forgot something!" He gasped, running out of the view of the screen and leaving me to someone else's laughing behind the camera. I immediately recognized it to be Hobie hyung's. 

V came running back with a Jimin Hip Hop Monster doll, holding it's small stub of an arm and walking it along the sidewalk. "Common, Jiminie! Follow me!" He spoke to the doll, and I chuckled amusingly. "What is this?" I laughed, looking at Monie who sat beside me, and he pointed to the screen with a smile. "Just watch it," He responded, and I did. All of a sudden the camera pointed to the ground, and I began hearing girls' screams. Jhope was walking along the sidewalk, and one by one the screams got louder. Then the camera pointed up again, revealing a whole crowd of fans holding up signs and lights. I gasped in disbelief, and read some of the messages as the camera panned around the edge of the herd.

"Get well soon Jimin"

"We love you Jimin Oppa!"

"GET BETTER JIMIN" 

"I <3 you Jimin!" 

I smiled and looked at Rapmon who was watching the video with me. "Keep watching," He murmured. Just then, I heard Jhope yell behind the camera, "HANA, DUL, SET," And every ARMY- including him called out in unison: "Saranghae Jimin! Get well soon!" And the crowd went back to their own wild ways of showing affection. Jhope panned the camera around at the other members, and every one of them were blowing kisses at the screen, and I held my heart at the sight. They did all of this, for me?

"Jiminie ssi, get better soon, so you can be strong again and do well for ARMY," Suga waved with a small smile as Hobie moved onto the next member. 

"Jimin, we all miss you. Just know that once you come home, I'll make you a good meal and you will be happy. Fighting!" Jin held up a fist and smiled, then Hobie moved to the next person.

"My love, Jiminie hyung, I wish you can come home soon, so we can laugh about silly things once again and be weird together. Get well," Taehyung bowed and then blew a kiss toward the camera. I smiled widely at that one. Taehyung was one of my best friends. 

"Jiminie," Rapmon greeted in the video, and I looked over to him who was crouched up by the bed, also watching the video. "I know you have gone through some hard times, but with the strength of ARMY and us Bangtan members, you can get through anything," He nodded once and smiled sincerely. "Fighting!"

"Hyung, I wish you the best. Get well soon, and see you later," Jungkook said, pointing towards the screen and lifting his eyebrow.

The last person to speak was Hobie hyung, and he held out the camera to where I could see all of the Bangtan members and ARMY in the background as well who went wild. "Jimin saranghaeSaranghae Oppa!" They all screamed. "Jiminie-ah, you might be wondering why we are doing all of this, and it's because you are the most important thing to us. Without you, we wouldn't be Bangtan. And without me, there would be no hope. I am your hope!" The ARMYS in the background screamed louder when Jhope said that, and he made a heart with his free arm, laughing. "Get well soon, and come home soon! We miss you! Saranghaeyo!" He leaned in to the screen and pretended to kiss it and I involuntarily cringed at the unappealing angle of his face. He laughed with his usual wide smile and the camera then panned over to ARMYS, showing their exhilarated faces before the video ended. 

~.~.~.~

"So, that was it. Did you like it?" Rapmon asked, biting his finger nervously. "Are you kidding hyung? I loved it!" I exclaimed, pulling Rapmon in for a side hug and handing him his phone back. "When did you guys do that?" I asked, amazed at how they could pull off something that wasn't even on their events calendar, something that they mustn't have had time for. How? 

"The day after you got admitted to the hospital. We told ARMY you were recovering from an injury, and they really wanted to do something for you, so we made a compliance with the company to organize a fan meet for this," He explained, leaving me awestruck. "Wow, that's daebak," I expressed, having no other words to describe the love I felt. "Thank you," I said, smiling with truly happy eyes for the first time in a long time. "No problem." Rapmon smiled, then he looked up at the doorway. 

"I'm sorry but your time's up, Jimin has to rest now," my nurse said, beginning the daily schedule of cleaning up my room. "Oh, okay. Bye, Jiminie. See you later," He waved, and I waved back, already feeling lonely once he left the room. Oh well, I know that as long as ARMYS are in my heart, I'll never be truly lonely. Ever.

"Are you hungry Jimin?" The nurse asked, but I shook my head no this time. I didn't feel hungry at the moment. All I wanted to do was sleep, sleep until it was time for me to get out of this bland room and go back home, with my family. "Oh, alright then.. Well, get some rest Jimin." She finished tidying up this and that around the room, but there really wasn't anything to clean. She mostly moved things aside, dusted them off, and put them back. I looked over to her sympathetically, knowing that she was only trying to do her job. "Miss," I said, and she turned around after having shuffled some figurines around on the bookshelf. "There isn't much to clean.. the room looks spotless," I pointed out, examining the white room. She looked to me with an uncomfortable expression and turned back around to finish dusting off the shelves. "I must work, my job depends on it. I have to-" She begins to explain, and I frown at her unfortunate mindset. 

"I have something that needs to be done, actually," I tell her, and she comes over to my bedside quickly, holding her hands behind her back. I looked over at the dead flowers on the table, and reached out to pinch one in between my fingers. The crispy dry brown petal dissipated into fragments of the air, and she looked up at me. "Throw these away please, I don't want any more flowers," I tell her, and she nods swiftly, carrying the vase out of the room. I sigh and look up at the black T.V screen. Those flowers were bringing down my mood, and I can't afford for my mood to get any lower than it already is. 

The nurse came back into the room with a clean and empty glass flower vase, placing it back onto the table. "There you go, Jimin ssi. Is there.. anything else I can do you for before my shift is over?" She asks, standing with good posture a few feet away from the bed. "No, you've done all you can. Thank you," I bowed to her, and she bowed back, leaving the room with her cleaning supplies. I snuggled back into the bed and drifted off to sleep, thinking about the flowers I had asked her to dispose of. Who even brought them in the first place?