Song # 14: We Don't Talk Anymore

Our Love's Song

It has been a few days and something fishy is definitely going on between Bom and Seunghyun, they've talking to each other during break time leaving in the care of Youngbae.

 

He would always sit beside me and always make sure that I was okay, I'm not even sure how I'm going to repay him for all the things he has done for me, especially when it came to Jiyong.

 

I knew he had a dilemma of keeping my condition a secret or tell him already, but he chose to keep quiet about it, and I'm really thankful that's what he chose. That he respected my decision of not telling him about my condition.

 

I mean, I knew, sooner or later, he'll find out about it eventually, but when that time comes, I hope he's ready.

 

Right now, he's not.

 

For the past few days, all we’ve done was work at the new song that we have to perform. And as usual, our past has always been our inspiration for our song. And as we create this new song, more of our wounds were opened up; we felt more pain. 

 

Just like that, it was already a day before the competition. Everyone was busy preppin’ up for his or her own performance while I sat there watching Jiyong do his thing, he checked if everything was already perfect for tomorrow.

 

“Do you any need help?” I asked him.

 

“It’s okay.” He answered, not even bothering to look at me.

 

I sat there in silence, watching the others as they help their own partners. I noticed that for some reason, Jiyong haven’t made me do anything that would tire me, he said that in our performance, we don’t have to dance like the first one, and that we’ll go with freestyle.

 

I didn’t dare object, when it comes to this things, Jiyong is what you can call as an expert. So I went along with what he wanted.

 

“You can take a break if you’d want too.” He said as he turned to me.

 

I blinked at him, “I haven’t even been doing anything.” I told him standing up from my seat and came closer to him, “If you want any help, I can help.” I offered but he shook his head. “Jiyong...” 

 

“No, Dara.” 

 

I sighed, “Fine then. If I’m not going to do anything, can I just go home?” I asked him and he nodded without even thinking about it, “Are you sure?”

 

“Yes.” He said and returned his attention to the computer where he was setting up our song.

 

“Okay then, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I told him and he nodded.

 

With that, I left the room silently. I was on my way to the parking lot, when I saw Sohee, she looked at be before she smiled and lowered her gaze before she passed by me. I frowned and turned to look at her and I saw her half-running half-walking to the place she was going to.

 

I ignored her actions and continued walking, as I reached the parking lot, I saw Bom and Seunghyun talking to one another once again. They seem to be discussing something very important.

 

“Bom!” I shouted from a distance and ran towards her and she turned to me with a surprised look.

 

“Dara, what are you doing here?” She asked, obviously surprised with my sudden arrival. Are they talking about something that I shouldn't know?

 

“Jiyong said he doesn’t need any help.” I reasoned out to her, trying to catch my breath.

 

“Why did you even run?” She asked caressing my back, “Should we go home?” She asked and I nodded.

 

We both bid goodbye to Seunghyun who only give me a smile and looked at Bom, like they were talking through their eyes. Once again, I ignored it, if they're not willing to tell me anything, then I wouldn't try and make them spit it out. 

 

The following day, the day of the competition, I woke up with a severe pain in my stomach. I was about to roll out of bed but another wave of pain washed over my whole body, paralyzing me in place.

 

“Sh*t!” I cursed as I held my stomach, still unable to move because of the pain, “Why now?”

 

“Dara?” I heard Bom’s voice as she entered my room, “What are you still doing there?” She asked me when she saw me still lying down on my bed.

 

“B-Bom.” I managed to croak out and she already figured out.

 

“Don’t tell me?! Of all the days?!” She said as she rushed next to, “Can you move?” She asked.

 

I slowly shook my head, while tears were threatening to fall from my eyes. “Then I’ll call uncle.” She said and rushed out of my room.

 

Soon, my father came rushing inside my room, carefully carrying me out of my room. Bom already had her car started and they immediately rushed me to the hospital.

 

“How are you going to perform?” She asked.

 

“What time is it?” I asked.

 

“It’s noon.” And the competition is within 2 hours.

 

What am I going to do?

The participants have already arrived in the backstage, everyone except for her. 

 

Where could she be? Bom wasn’t in the audience too. 

 

I took another peek at the crowd that was sitting before the stage, and I saw Bom running through the door. She immediately dashed towards Youngbae and whispered something to him making him stand in surprise. 

 

What are they talking about?

 

The competition has already started, a few pairs have already performed their own songs but still, Dara was nowhere to be found.

 

My phone suddenly rang and her name appeared on the screen, I immediately answered the call and pressed the phone on my right ear.

 

“Where are you?” I asked her.

 

“I’m on my way.” She answered, heavily panting.

 

“Are you running?” I asked her.

 

“Never mind that, just ask someone to prepare a microphone on the main door.” She said, “I’ll be there soon.” 

 

“How soo—“ But she already cut the call.

 

What the?! What if she’s not able to make it, we’re already the next performers.

 

, are we screwed?

 

“Relax, Ji. She said she’s on her way.” I tried to calm myself but I can’t ing calm down.

 

“Jiyong.” I turned and saw Youngbae standing behind me, “Calm down, she’ll arrive soon, she said you should already start.” 

 

I should start? How can I even start when she’s not yet here?

 

After relaying that message, Youngbae returned to his seat beside Sohee who seems to be in a serious conversation with Bom.

 

“Next, give a round of applause for Mr. Kwon and Ms. Park’s performance.”

 

I took a deep breath... here goes nothing.

 

 

We don't talk anymore

 

Almost all of us jumped in surprise when Jiyong suddenly sang. Like what in the world happened?

 

We don't talk anymore
We don't talk anymore
Like we used to do

 

All of us looked at one another, so their past is the key to their music.

 

We don't love anymore
What was all of it for?
Oh, we don't talk anymore, like we used to do...

 

I just heard you found the one, you've been looking
You've been looking for
I wish I would have known that wasn't me
Cause even after all this time
I still wonder
Why I can't move on
Just the way you did so easily

 

Seriously, what is up with this two? Why are they doing this to their selves?

 

I looked at my phone and looked at the time, would Dara really make it? We could’ve suggested that they moved their performance to the last, but she instructed me to just let Jiyong start the song.

 

Don't wanna know
Kind of dress you're wearing tonight
If he's holdin' onto you so tight
The way I did before
I overdosed
Should've known your love was a game
Now I can't get you out of my brain
Oh, it's such a shame

That we don't talk anymore
We don't talk anymore
We don't talk anymore
Like we used to do
We don't love anymore
What was all of it for?
Oh, we don't talk anymore
Like we used to do

 

Jiyong stopped in the middle, but what happened next surprised all of us, making the whole crowd turn their heads to the back.

 

I just hope you're lying next to somebody

 

And there she is, a girl in a white dress, holding a microphone entering from the main door, walking in the aisle going to the stage.

 

Who knows how to love you like me
There must be a good reason that you're gone
Every now and then I think you might want me to
Come show up at your door
But I'm just too afraid that I'll be wrong


Don't wanna know
If you're looking into her eyes
If she's holdin' onto you so tight the way I did before
I overdosed
Should've known your love was a game
Now I can't get you out of my brain
Oh, it's such a shame

 

My eyes immediately went to Sohee who was watching them. As soon as Dara reached the stage, he looked at Jiyong before they both of them walked opposite directions of one another. After the chorus, they approached one another again, and sang on the same microphone.


Don't wanna know
Kind of dress you're wearing tonight
If he's giving it to you just right
The way I did before
I overdosed
Should've known your love was a game
Now I can't get you out of my brain
Oh, it's such a shame

That we don't talk anymore
(we don't we don't)
We don't talk anymore
(we don't we don't)
We don't talk anymore
Like we used to do
We don't love anymore
(we don't we don't)
What was all of it for?
(we don't we don't)
Oh, we don't talk anymore
Like we used to do

 

They then walked away from each other going back and forth on the stage. Dara twirled around whenever Jiyong is close to her before continuing to walk away from him.

 

(we don't talk anymore)
Don't wanna know
Kind of dress you're wearing tonight (oh)
If he's holding onto you so tight (oh)
The way I did before
(we don't talk anymore)
I overdosed
Should've known your love was a game (oh)
Now I can't get you out of my brain (whoa)
Oh, it's such a shame

That we don't talk anymore

 

They ended the song with their backs turned from one another, if in their first performance, they held each, today, they didn’t even touch. 

 

Just like the song, they don’t talk anymore, like they used to do. 

 

The crowd cheered and they bowed in front of them, before going back to the backstage.

 

Our group was quiet unlike the others; we knew how deep the wound they opened just to create that music. And like the first song, it was a different attack to the audience, which even Jiyong decided to sing. 

 

Jiyong never sings, ever. 

 

But today, he did... because of her.

After our performance, she hurriedly ran towards the backstage, I wanted to run after her but with all this eyes looking at us, it wasn't easy. So I returned casually to the backstage, greeting some of the people that I passed by. When no one was looking, I started looking for but I wasn't able to find her there.

 

Where could she possibly be? 

 

Ignoring the competition today, I went outside to look for her, in every place that I thought she's staying at. I almost looked for at the whole campus but I wasn't able to find.

 

Just when I was about to give up, I accidentally passed by the garden behind the school building. Unconciously, my feet dragged me there, entering the private area that was only meant for authorized people.

 

The moment I was inside, I found her standing in the middle, but she wasn't alone... she was talking with someone... someone that is very close to me... someone that I knew very well.

 

"Youngbae." 


Hello again readers... it's been a while, and I apologize for the late updates. Sorry if I haven’t posted any updates for the past few months. Things happened, and it took a lot of my time. But I'm already trying to type as much updates as I can so that I can publish them any time soon. So fingers crossed, I hope I can finish Our Loves' Song before the year ends. This story had been published for years and yet I haven't finished it (talk about lazy and writer's blocks), but anyways, I do thank all of you for waiting for my updates patiently and for not forcing me to write. I really appreciate that, and I hope this update can somehow make it up to all of you. Please do continue to read and support my story, I love you all.
xoxo, kaminari1007 (miyu29)