Song # 13: Rainy Day

Our Love's Song

All the longing becomes tears
Flowing down with the thick rain flow

"Rainy Day" - Ailee


As I woke up, my nose was immediately filled with the familiar smell of some sort of medication that seems to have a mixture of bleach in it. The white ceiling and cream walls indicated that what I smelled wasn’t a mistake; I’m back in the hospital, again.

 

“Dara, sweetheart?” I heard my mother’s voice and slowly turned my head to the right, my neck a bit stiff from lying down for heaven-knows how many hours. “Are you feeling alright?” She asked me and I just gave her a light nod.

 

“Bom brought you here last night.” My mother told me, “You’ve been unconscious for 12 hours.”

 

That long?

 

“You didn’t drink your medicine yesterday.” My father said and brought out the box where I’m keeping my medicines and he was right, I wasn’t able to drink my medicine for yesterday.

 

“It seems Youngbae already knew?” My mother caressed my hair and I nodded. “Then are you going to tell him?”

 

I turned my head and looked at the glass window beside my bed, the sky was gray and in the midst of silence comes a low crackle of thunder that echoed throughout the city.

 

“It’s going to rain.”

 


 

“How do you feel?” Bom asked me as she visited me in the hospital.

 

“Fine, I guess.” I answered as I returned to reading my book.

 

“I brought some fruits.” Youngbae said and put the basket of fruits in the table, “Where are your parents?” He asked.

 

“They went out to eat.” I answered and turned my attention to the window.

 

A crack of lightning rent the air and within seconds the rolling boom of the thunder reverberated overhead, the rain kept splattering water to the glass blurring out the view from the window.

 

“The rain is pretty heavy today.” Bom pointed out as she looked at the window as well.

 

“You two should go, or you’ll be stuck here too.” I told them and returned my attention to my book.

 

“You’re right.” Bom said and stood up from the chair, “We’ll see you in school then.”

 

“Bye.” Youngbae bid goodbye and I just nodded at them before they left the room.

 

Sighing, I put the book down and stood up from my bed, taking my IV and going to the window, only to see my reflection.

 

“We have to hurry.” Jiyong held my hand and we ran to the closest tree to take shelter.

 

I looked up at the sky and it seems like the rain won’t stop until later.

 

“Why does it have to rain?” Jiyong complained as he pulled out his handkerchief and started drying my head.

 

“You don’t like the rain?” I asked him.

 

“It’s not that.” He answered as he continues to dry my hair, “It’s just that I’m worried you might get sick if you get soaked in the rain.” He said, voice filled with concern.

 

A soft laughter escaped my lips immediately getting his attention, “Why are you laughing?”

 

“It’s fun to play under the rain, you know.” I told him and pulled him out in the open.

 

“Wait, Dara!”

 

“C’mon! This is fun.” I said to him and when I turned and smiled at him, his features softened.

 

“Geez, don’t blame me if you get sick.”

 

“I’m not blaming you...” A tear rolled down my cheek as I continue to stare at the rain. “I will never blame you, Jiyong.”

What suddenly happened yesterday? Dara ran off after the announcement of the pairs that would perform next week, Bom immediately took her home like there was something going on, Youngbae went missing as well that night, and Seungri told me how Seunghyun drove away making him forget about his coat.

 

“Sorry for dragging you here in the hospital.” Sohee apologized to me as we walk down the hallway.

 

“It’s nothing, is your cousin okay now?” I asked her, I wasn’t able to enter the room because I had to go to the bathroom, and when I came back she was already out.

 

“Yeah, she’s okay. She just had an allergic reaction.” She reasoned out.

 

As we were walking, a guy stopped in front of us, “Sohee?” he spoke as he looked at her.

 

Sohee frowned at first but soon her eyes widened as she recognized the guy, “Kangjoon!”

 

“You know him?” I asked her and she nodded as she looked at me.

 

“He’s my childhood friend, I haven’t seen him since we moved here.” She told me and looked at this Kangjoon guy.

 

“How have you been?” He asked Sohee.

 

“I’m good, by the way, this is my boyfriend, Kwon Jiyong.” He introduced me, “This is my friend, Seo Kangjoon.”

 

He held out his hand and I took it to shake.

 

“What are you doing here?” Sohee asked.

 

“Ah, I’m currently here for my clerkship.” He explained sticking his thumb out and pointed behind him.

 

“Ah, so you really pursued your dream to be a doctor.” Sohee smiled proudly at him.

 

“It has always been my dream afterall.” He said scratching the back of his head. “Well, I think you should head out now, it seems that the rain is getting stronger, it might be hard to drive or commute if you go later.” He suggested looking back to the door where you could clearly see the rain.

 

“Yeah, you’re right.” Sohee agreed, “I’ll see you when I have time then.”

 

They then bid their goodbyes and we walk towards the door. We then stood up under the waiting shed and waited for the bus to come, it was too risky to drive today seeing the road is very slippery when it’s wet, so we decided to just ride the bus.

 

As we were waiting for the bus, I turned and saw Bom standing under the waiting shed on the other side. She had her arms wrapped around her as she waited for someone. Soon, a car came and stopped in front of her and she opened the passenger’s seat door and got in.

 

My forehead formed a crease when I saw the plate number, I can’t be mistaken; it’s Youngbae’s.

 

What are they doing together in a hospital?

 

I looked back at the hospital frowning even more.

 

“Why are you still holding TOP-hyung’s coat?” Daesung asked as Seungri approached us.

 

“Ah, he suddenly drove away, they seem to be in a hurry.” He said and took his coat from Daesung.

 

“They? In a hurry? Who?” I asked him as we started walking towards our car.

 

“Hmm, I saw Taeyang-hyung and also Bom-noona.” He said trying to remember whom he saw. “Ah, I also saw Taeyang-hyung carrying someone, I think it was Dara-noona since I didn’t see her around, you said Bom-noona was about to take her home, right hyung?” He said looking at me.

 

Taeyang? Carrying Dara? Why would he carry her?

 

And then everything started sinking in to me, how she stumbled as she walk, how she unconsciously held on to me, the way she closed her eyes as if she’s trying to relieve something, everything.

 

I looked back to the hospital before looking back at Sohee.

 

“C’mon GD, the bus is here.” She held my hand but I stopped her.

 

“You go ahead.” I told her and she frowned, “I have to check something, so you take care, okay?” I kissed her forehead and she wasn’t able to protest as I ran back inside the hospital, I immediately went to the nurse’s station to ask them.

 

“Is there a patient named Park Sandara admitted here?”

 

“Ah, Ms. Park.” The nurse smiled, “A friend of hers?” She asked not even bothering to look at her computer.

 

“Ah, yes.” I answered.

 

“Her room is in the South wing, number 605.” I was confused on how it seems like she knows the room without even looking.

 

“Thank you.” I answered.

 

“You’re welcome, it’s rare to see a friend of hers visiting her in the hospital. She would often be visited by her family only.” The nurse explained and smiled.

 

I just nodded at her in confusion and made my way to the elevator, I entered the elevator and pressed the button going to the sixth floor.

 

 605. 605. 605.

 

I was about to take a turn when I saw her parents getting out of a room together with a doctor, they seem to be discussing something so they walked away from the door. I’m assuming they are going to his office.

 

As soon as they’re gone, I walked towards the door where they came out.

 

605: Park Sandara

 

I was thinking if I should knock or not, but the latter won and I just opened the door slowly.

 

I immediately saw her in her bed, sleeping. She had and IV stuck in the back of her hand and she looked so pale as well.

 

I approached her, careful not to wake her up and as I see her up-close, she looked so tired, dark circles were visible under her eyes, and she was thinner than before.

 

“Idiot...” I sighed, “I told you not to get sick.” I whispered as I caressed her hair slowly.

When I woke up, the lights were turned off so only the lights coming out of the window was reflecting inside. I turned and saw my parents asleep on their bed, they may have been asleep for just an hour or two; they always stay up to make sure I’m resting well.

 

‘Idiot... I told you not to get sick.’

 

I frowned, was I dreaming back then? I thought I heard him whispering those words to me?

 

But that’s impossible; he wouldn’t know I’m here.

 

I looked out at the window and it seems like the rain has calmed down a bit. I sat up from my bed and looked outside.

 

Is it wrong to wish that you were here, Jiyong?

 


 

“Dara, are you okay?” Chaerin asked the moment I stepped into our room.

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“What happened?” Minji asked.

 

I looked at Bom and the way she looked at me is telling me that I need to tell them as well.

 

“Can we talk about this outside?” I told them and then they followed me to the field. When we arrived there, we sat by a nearby bench and I told them everything, about what happened and what my condition is right now.

 

“What?!” Both Chaerin and Minji reacted in shock.

 

“You’re not dying, are you?” Minji questioned, her eyes already shining with tears.

 

“I don’t know.” I told them.

 

“She needs to return to New York again.” Bom told them, “But she’ll have to finish this semester first.”

 

“Would you really be alright?” Chaerin asked, her hand lying on top of mine.

 

“You guys are there for me, I’ll be alright.”

 

The warning bell soon rang and all of us hurriedly made our way to our classroom.

 

“Safe.” Chaerin said as she panted.

 

I held my chest as I tried to even out my breathing, and then entered our room. I caught Youngbae’s eyes and I smiled at him.

 

I felt a pair of eyes watching me and when I turned, I saw Seunghyun looking at me. Confused, I approached him.

 

“Is there something wrong?”

 

He looked at me, blinking a few times before smiling and shaking his head. “Go to your seat already, the professor will arrive soon.” He told me making me tilt my head in confusion.

 

I just nodded in him and went to my seat. I looked at Bom who was facing the other way, it looks like she’s talking to someone.

 

When I turned my gaze, I saw Sohee looking at me but immediately averted her gaze away from me. I blinked in confusion and just ignore it.

 

But as time went on, it felt like eyes have been watching me, I’m not counting Jiyong in, since he’s in front of me and he won’t be able to look at me, but seriously...

 

I turned my attention to my classmates and I saw Sohee avoiding my gaze and Seunghyun also turning away from me.

 

What is going on with this people? Why do they keep on looking at me?

 

I looked at Bom and she just looked at me like there’s nothing going on at all.

 

But seriously, I know... Something is definitely going on.


Hello again my readers, I'm really sorry that it took a while before I can update this story. A lot of things happened and right now, my body is not in the mood to type updates. Yes, my body, because my mind keeps on telling me (and I keep on planning to type updates on my iPad) but my body just won't listen. So I'm already apologizing if my updates will be delayed again. But I will really try my best to finish this story, I have already fixed the plot of this story, and actually typed some chapters and parts, so I really hope my body cooperates with me before I become busy again. Anyways, thank you thank you for those who continue to read and support this story even though it could've been finished years ago (huhu). Thank you for your patience and understanding. xoxo; kaminari1007 (miyu29)