Question.

Please Date Me!

A/N

PLEASE READ NOTE AT END


Mingyu blinks once.

Then twice.

Dino, or whatever his name is, is beaming at Mingyu from across the table. Mingyu is watching the younger eat at the usual sandwich shop. Dino is scarfing down a sub like he's never eaten, only occasionally stopping to take a drink from his soda can.

"Mister Mingyu," He says, though his mouth is full. Mingyu nods curtly at him. "My father says working is gonna be time-consuming and fun, I think he's lying."

"He probably is." Mingyu said back, though not entirely thinking. "I-It's different for everyone." He adds, quickly covering up his mistake. Dino nods before biting into his food again.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anybody that you said that."

Mingyu looks up at Dino, and the younger smiles cheekily.

"So, Mister Mingyu, do you think it'll be okay if I come by at four on weekdays? I have school and then dance practice afterward."

"School?" Mingyu repeats. He looks Dino over and it finally comes to him that Dino is simply a child and nothing more. "That's right, aren't you a little young to be working?" Mingyu asks, eyebrows furrowing.

"That's what Papa said but my father doesn't listen. That's why I'm supposed to be trained." Dino explains.

"Why do you call your dads different names?" Mingyu asks. Dino looks up at Mingyu and laughs as if Mingyu just told the funniest joke in the universe.

"S-Sorry, sorry! That was just funny. There's someone who acts like a father-figure to me, and I can't believe I called him Papa in front of someone else. It's a habit of mine." Dino explains while grinning from ear to ear. Mingyu simply nods, feeling a unexplainable bubbling in his stomach.

"Also, I don't have two dads, though it feels like it sometimes if I had to be honest." Dino chuckled. "But besides all of that, four is alright, right? Dance practice is the most important thing to me so I have to fit in atleast an hour of it during the day. I'm all yours for the rest of the day." Dino beams once again, and Mingyu is finding it hard to find it in himself to refuse and tell this young boy that he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about or how to start. He simply sighs and nods his head.

This odd child is now his apprentice for the time being.

~~~

Mingyu is tired when he gets home. He had spent most of the day with the Dino kid peeking over his shoulder and sitting in Jisoo's office, trying to understand what exactly Dino had wrapped Mingyu in.

Mingyu kind of thinks he'd not quite cut out to be a mentor.

Mingyu falls flat on his face when he reaches his bedroom, taking in the scent of detergent. He suddenly wants to sleep forever.

His eyes droop heavily but before he could even close his eyes to sleep, he hears someone at his door. Mingyu stays exactly where he is, wondering if whomever was at the door was actually worth it.

The knocking continues and Mingyu forces himself up and drags his legs down the hall and to his front door. It takes everything in him to open the door, and his eyes are barely open to see who it is.

"Hi, Mingyu-ah."

"Hi, Wonwoo.." Mingyu says, now forcing himself awake.

"Sleepy?" The raven haired male asks as he makes his way in. Mingyu nods and follows after.

"Very."

"Poor baby." Wonwoo chuckles as he wraps himself around Mingyu like a koala. Mingyu appreciates the affectionate touch and leans in closer. "We should get you to bed."

"What about you?" Mingyu pouts.

"Actually, I'm pretty tired too. I'll just sleep with you."

The idea makes Mingyu happy and he grins stupidly as Wonwoo links their hands together while heading to Mingyu's bedroom. The two of them tumble towards the mattress and quickly pull up the covers. Mingyu doesn't really mind that he's wearing his button up and his slacks into bed and he doesn't quite mind that Wonwoo is wearing the same thing, more or less. Wonwoo unbottons a few buttons of his shirt (which Mingyu finds very very attractive by the way) and cuddles his way closer to Mingyu.

The bed is warm and comfortable all of a sudden and Mingyu can't help but hug Wonwoo towards his chest, as if the older was a huge teddy bear Mingyu was allowed to hold onto, even at his age.

Wonwoo hums in approval and lifts his head to look at Mingyu's face. He can't see much, besides underneath Mingyu's chin and jawline and Adam's apple. He reaches up to plant a soft kiss on Mingyu's jaw and feels Mingyu jump at the touch.

"Good night." He whispers.

Wonwoo can't see it but he knows Mingyu is grinning.

"Good night, Wonwoo."

~~~

"You see, grammer is very important especially with these reports. Everything you say creates either a postive or negative report so you have to make sure you word things right." Mingyu tries to explain while pointing at his computer screen. Next to him, sitting in an extra office chair, is Dino. He nods to whatever Mingyu is saying but he's not looking at the screen at all. Mingyu huffs but he lets it go. 

"That's a funny thing to say when half of the reports you turn in are all grammatically incorrect," Jeonghan muses from Mingyu's other side. The taller shoots Jeonghan a glare but the long haired male simply grins.

"I'm bored," Dino says as he swirls in his chair for what seems like the nth time (Mingyu lost count after ten). Mingyu can't agree or disagree because he is in fact bored as well but that was also his job.

Dino makes a soft sound that sounds like a whine and Mingyu can't blame him because Mingyu's job was not at all exciting in any way.

"I'm hungry." Dino says with a pout. Mingyu was about to remark that Dino just ate less then twenty minutes ago but Jeonghan shushes him from speaking.

"I'll take him to get something. Jisoo and I forgot our lunch anyway. You go ahead and take a break." He suggests while getting up. Mingyu gives Jeonghan a thankful smile as he brushes by with Dino at his heels. Dino leaves without a goodbye and follows after Jeonghan excitedly, rambling about how hungry he was.

Mingyu sighs heavily as soon as they leave and he slumps in his desk chair. He isn't quite comfortable with someone peeking over his shoulder so often (even though he's glad it's someone else and not his manager, Jihoon) and it was frustrating to him because he was not that good at explaining things.

He looks over his report and decides he should just turn it in so he finds Jihoon's email address and clicks send. He leans back in his chair as soon as it says it's been delivered and he waits for pending approval (which is just a phone call from Jihoon telling him how much he messed up).

Mingyu's phone rings and Mingyu is quick to pick it up. 

"Hello?"

"Hi, Mingyu."

Mingyu grins. He recognises Wonwoo's voice, which is laced with sleepiness.

"Tired?" Mingyu muses as he leans back into his office chair.

"You have no idea," Wonwoo groans. "There's nothing to do and I can't leave because I have a meeting in a few minutes."

"Seems harsh," Mingyu adds as he fiddles around with something on his suit. Wonwoo makes a sound of agreement.

"I wanted to come visit you." Wonwoo says. Mingyu simply blinks in surprise before letting out a chuckle.

"You come to visit me, like every day." He says. Wonwoo remains quiet after that, as if comtemplating on what to say next. Mingyu isn't sure if its a good sign or not.

"How is work anyway? Has Jihoon been harsh to you?" Wonwoo asks quickly. Mingyu frowns but answers.

"He hasn't been very mean, but he's giving me some space. I just started teaching someone about the job."

"Really? That sounds interesting. How has that been?"

"I'm getting used to it." Mingyu answers truthfully. Wonwoo hums on the other end before mumbling something that wasn't directed to Mingyu. He sounded as if he was talking to someone else.

"Alright.. I'll be right there.." he says, though its muffled on Mingyu's end. "Mingyu?"

"Meeting?"

"Yeah.." Wonwoo says. Mingyu can tell he's pouting.

"It's okay, we can talk later." Mingyu says, though trying to hide his sadness. Wonwoo makes a sound of cheerfulness and bids Mingyu a good day. Mingyu does the same and waits as Wonwoo hangs up with a click. Mingyu sighs as he puts his phone back on the desk, and he stares at it longingly, as if Wonwoo was going to call back right away.

He doesn't know why he longs to speak to Wonwoo, though they've been talking almost every single day. Perhaps it was something he'd grown attached to, and can't seem to get enough of.

"We're back!" A voice chirps. Mingyu looks up and sees Dino and Jeonghan headed his way with bags of, what Mingyu assumes, food. Dino takes his seat by Mingyu, munching whatever is in his mouth.

Mingyu simply stares at the youngin before turning to open a new document to start off a new report. 

"You're going to do another one right?" Dino asks as he points to the empty page. Mingyu nods.

"I swear this is the most boring-est job ever." Dino groans. Mingyu feels a little bad, knowing this is his job and he doesn't know how to simply 'make it fun' because the whole job is not exactly 'interesting' in general.

"You know, when you grow into an adult, nothing is gonna be really fun." Mingyu hears Jeonghan say as he slips into his cubsicle.

Dino frowns. "Then I don't ever want to grow up."

"You have to," Mingyu says. "But you should be doing things you enjoy, with people who love. You know?"

"Do you like your job?" Dino then asks, which catches Mingyu by surprise. "Are you doing things with people you love?"

"Mingyu is in no place to answer things like that," Jeonghan cuts in. "Jihoon is coming this way so I think you should get back to work."

Mingyu does just as told and begins clicking at his computer just as Jihoon decides to drop by and ask how things are going. Dino sits next to him, as if forgetting what he's asked but Mingyu thinks about it all day.


A/N

PLEASE READ TO THE END

Many people unsubbed after my other update (its been deleted), but after much thought and reading over comments, I've decided not to delete this fic. I don't think i'll be able to win over everyone's heart again because like I said, I lost inspiration for this fic.

But I will try.

I will continue this fic though I am not sure when it will finish. Thank you guys for all the supportive comments by the way. I am very grateful for all your words and it gives me strength to continue. Because you were all so strongly opposed to me deleting I will keep it up and a friend of mine told me I should finish what I started, so I will do just that.

Continue to enjoy this fic and thanks again. You are all amazing. 

I didn't think I would say this again but..

See you in the next one! xx