chapter 1

emotion HIGH

My heart beat gets faster as I walk to my new job. I am one of those people who get really nervous over nothing so this was really killing me. I just got a job at the radio station down the road and I've been walking for about half an hour now. I see it up ahead of me and I'm so nervous. What if they don't like me? What if I get fired on my first day? What if I don't actually have the job and it's all a misunderstanding. Stupid thoughts run through my head. 

I arrive within minutes and walk through the doors that have loud bells signalling that someone has come inside. I see a guy that looked quite young walking past me with a box of something, she smiles as me. 

"welcome would you like any help with anything?" she sounds so nice. Oh I almost forgot to say this is actually a cd store, a cafe and a radiostation, but everyone just calls it the radiostation since its the only one in our suburb. I live a bit outside of Seoul in a small suburb, it would take around 30 mins by train to get to Seoul. 

"actually I'm the new employee. I start today" I smile back at him with a what should I do face. She gets the messege.

"oh sorry um I'm not sure what you are suppose to do but I'm sure he does"

he nods at the back door and I assume he's behind their.

"thanx" I smile and make my way over to the door.

"hello?" I look around the room in confusion because there doesn't seem to be anyone here. I look around abit and walk to the centre of the room to find a uniform with Mi Hyun written on it. I smile, I'm so happy I got this job, I think it's alot better then other jobs out there. 

"that's yours, go change into it" I turn around to see a guy,  probably the one that other girl was talking about earlier. He looked cold like he didn't have a single to give about anything. I nod my head and proceed to the toilet to change. It's a pretty plain uniform, a black tshirt with apurple outline with the radio logo and a pocket on the left. I just had to wear black tights, jeans, trousers underneath and my name tag. I thought I would have a apron but I guess not... I pout my lips as I walk out of the bathroom and back to the back room. 

"follow me" this guy is so.... Not rude but like annoying?? I can't really explain but he was sure different. I follow him into the recording room at the back. Wait wwhat??

"oh..Um.. I'm a waitress, not a arrrrhh radio person..." I stutter because I didn't want to be rude but I probably still sounded rude anyway.

This Guy just rolled his eyes at me.

"well our boss has a change of plans your going to do a english broadcast since you can speak English. You can speak English right?" his expressionless stare burned through my eyes and I only nod in agreement.

"here put your name on this, when u go in press in and when you come out press out. Simple right." I write my name on the piece of paper he gave me and press the in button before sliding the paper in.

I walk into the record room where the guy is already sitting next to the gear. He signals for me to come sit in the seat beside me and I do so.

"okay your english broadcast goes every weekend for twice a day 2 hours each. The first one at 10-12 then the next one at 5-7. Between those hours I guess you will help out with other stuff like the cafe and store. I will help you the first few weeks don't worry." I'm still kind of in shock on the fact that I have my own radio show. This Guy he just stares at my wide surprised eyes. He doesnt even laugh like normal people would. I look at the clock and it's quarter to 10. Fifteen minutes until my first ever broadcast?!!!  I start hyperventilating and stressing out.

"I can't have my own radio show! Are you crazy!" I stare at him hoping this is just a joke or something. But why would they joke about something like this.

He completely ignored my question anyway so who cares right.

"so you can pretty much use all the CDs on the shelf there." I look behind and see stack loads of CDs up to the ceiling. 

"and all the songs on here, if you can't find a song you want then you can find it on the internet. But that's worse case scenario." he touches the mouse pad on the laptop and a huge playlist of songs come up. 

"our boss didn't just want to be limited to korean customers so he hired you because he's too stingy to employ a older person."

"what am I even suppose to talk about?!"

"anything. What's new in kpop, kpop news, how kpop is viewed in America and stuff like that. People will even call you from 10:30-11 and you can answer there questions either in korean or english. You can teach English people korean phrases and stuff. Just anything that would interest english people who love kpop and korea." 

I was kind of still in shock and I just sat there staring at him as though he was an alien. He didn't even react to my reaction.

"your on in a minute. I will introduce you then you introduce yourself and the show then choose a song okay?"

He hands me the headphones and puts someone himself then gestures to the laptop for me to choose a song.

Still wide eyes in shock I scroll through the songs and linger the mouse over bangtangs new song dope. 

Unless your not a total idiot when it comes to kpop right. I mean you know your stuff. Get yourself together. You can do this Mi Hyun.

I give myself a pep talk and it's starting work until this guy pressed the record button and leans into the mic.

"goodmorning Seoul and welcome to our new series at kpopcrazy station. I'm kai and this is Mi Hyun our new host of this english series." he says in korean. He backs away from the mic amd I'm guessing it's my turn.

"ah... Goodmorning everyone. I'm Mi Hyun and I'll be hosting the english kpopcrazy series for kpop crazy foreigners! I'm so nervous because this is my first ever time on a radioshow so please take it easy on me. Let's start up the morning with BTSs new song dope! I press the  enter button on the keyboard but instead of dope another song. View by shinee comes on. Oh I've already stuffed up and it hasn't even been 5 minutes... I sigh and lean back on my chair.

"see I told you I couldn't do this" I look at kai and he just keeps his dull expression on his face. 

"you will get used to it, when the song finishes press that Button and talk into the mic again."  he stands up.

"wait where are you going" he cant leave what am I going to do alone!

"calm down I'm just getting a few CDs" he laughs at me and I sigh. Okay he is human he has emotions. He laughed.

The song comes to an end and I press the button like kai told me to.

"oops! Sorry about that guys that wasn't dope! That was view by shinee. I guess I'm still abit to excited about having this show huh?! Well I will play dope just for all those Bangtang fans out there."

With that I play dope,  yeah the real dope and I am glad I'm using up the time by playing two songs. My weekend passes like that and I'm kind of glad that this happened to me. Life just it a bit more interesting.


 omg yeah boring first chapter but aren't they all? 

Jokes lol no its just me who's a really bad author kekeke

Argghh my phones driving me insane writing this but in excited to write this so who cares hehe!! 

Thanks for reading a d I hope you will enjoy this story!!

Xoxo!!