Chapter 02

[ RAPMONSTER's FanFic ] C H E E S E
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Note :

These color coded dialogue are refer to following :
Jungkook
Jimin
V
Rapmon
J-Hope
Suga
Jin

 

 

[7]

Rapmonster awakened, his eyes moved around scanning the room . 
It had been seven days since they moved him to the recovery house, but he was still not used to the high ceilings, or the warm sunlight that filled his room early every morning.

Rapmonster's recovery house looked like a traditional Korean house on the outside, but it felt chic and modern inside. The house took up about one fourth of an acre of land.  The rest of the property was open spaces, dominated by trees, grass field, flowering shrubs, plus a small lake. Surprisingly, it also had a hard tennis court which they could use to land helicopters. 
The house was placed on the top of small hill, surrounded by a huge natural green garden and crop fields. They also had neighbors, but not much, approximately ten houses in a radius of fifty meters. The nearest one was a dairy farm.
Rapmonster got the master bedroom. Even though it contained all sorts of sophisticated medical equipment, it didn’t look like a patienr ward. Mrs Kim’s touch successfully turned it into a very comfortable and homey room for Rapmonster. Unfortunately, there was no television, no wifi connection, not even a portable radio. Mrs. Kim and Big Hit wanted to avoid all the news about Rapmonster's accident and everything related to it.
Like, seriously, EVERYTHING.

The scenery from his windows was extremely beautiful. It brought a calm and quiet environtment, plus the fresh air that was hardly found in Seoul. Honestly, though, he hated the place. It was too far from everything he loved in Seoul. 
It made him felt so...

 

Lonely.

 

His younger sister and his father stayed for six days but they had to work, so only his Mom stayed to look after him. Somehow, he felt bad for her. She was old, she should rest or enjoy her life peacefully, not to take care her disable grown-up son.

Rapmonster closed his eyes, he breathed slowly because his chest still hurt.
But it wasn't only that, his heart also ached a bit. He hadn't seen his beloved girlfriend or heard her soothe voice even by phone. Maybe the company purposely isolated him from everyone (but his family). They wanted Rapmonster to focus on his recovery, so they might not tell her where he was right now because media would easily steal that information and they would follow Rapmonster to get some news. 

Her name was Kim Yeojin, 31 years old, model-slash-actress. One from Top Ten Hot Woman in Korea. They had been in a relationship for six years, and she was all he ever wanted as a girlfriend. She was perfect. Not only pretty and y she also a smart girl, not academically but it was impressive on how she could speak in five different languages.

He missed her so much but there was nothing he could do about that. So he closed his eyes and started to recall the moment with her, like when she was beautifully sleeping in his arms after all night long working, or when they celebrated their anniversary by secretly having a holiday to Maldives for one night, or maybe just imagined her aegyo smile asking for a kiss from him.
And... Maybe if he was lucky he could see her in a dream.

 

[15]

Rapmonster just finished his lunch, he took his medicine and had some daily medical checkup. After all of those daily routines, now it was time to get a nap.
Sleep wasn't something luxurious again for him, he had to sleep for almost eighty percent of his day, every day. He told his Mom that he was bored, he convinced her that he was strong enough to do something, like writing lyrics maybe for a start, since it only needed his hand to writing. But sadly, Mrs. Kim didn't approve it.

So he had to be satisfied with his mp3 player, for now, at least he already updated his icloud before the accident.
Rapmonster plugged in his earphone carefully, his earing was the only thing left in good condition after the accident, he had to treasure it. Ohyoo's youth was played randomly, his fave musician. He closed his eyes thinking about its lyrics, and his youth, he fell deeper and deeper and he lulled to sleep. 

 

 

 

[39] 

Thirty-nine days isolated in nowhere was like a double-edged sword for Rapmonster, he did a good progress in recovery but his soul was rotten of bored. The burn wound dried and recovered faster than they expected, so did with his throat and broken bones. Now he was ready to do physical therapy for next step.

"Good morning, how are you Namjon-ssi?" Asked Nurse Oh, forty-seventh years old nurse who was placed here to look after Namjoon. She was kind and loved to share stories about her son who was on same age with Rapmonster. She always said that Rapmonster reminded her of him a lot. 

"Bored," Rapmonster replied.

"Oh, your voice is getting clearer, that's good~," Nurse Oh said, ignoring Rapmonster's whining.
Feeling grateful that Rapmonster's voice sounded better from the last time she could remember. It was a good thing because his doctor said that they could fix Rapmonster's vocal chords by surgery. But it was impossible to get it back like before.

"Ne." 

Nurse Oh smiled at him as her eyes moved up and down looking at her chart to write Rapmonster daily medical report. "I have a good news, new physical therapy are added, it was fun and you won't get bored anymore."

Rapmonster gave an uninterested look. "Can anyone visiting me?" He asked.
He barely saw or talked to anybody but Nurse Oh and his Mom during the recovery, he needed his friends, BTS members, and Big Hit staff, and of course, his girlfriend.

"Sure," Nurse Oh's hand moved agilely fixing Rapmonster's blanket. "If you keep doing a good progress like this."

Rapmonster's eyes beamed.

"Okay, now talk no more, your throat still needs more time to heal."

"Last question, When can I meet anyone besides my Mom?"

Nurse Oh stopped and gave a loving look at Rapmonster, "Soon."

 

 

[71]

Not that soon, because a month later they eventually granted Rapmonster's wish. 
Every BTS member came and brought their mp3 to RM when they visited him. They just got a permission to visit Rapmonster this week but it was limited, only one person per day.

The first day was Jimin, he brought a big beautiful flowers arrangements and his mp3. His playlist was full of ballads that he used to hear as a lullaby.
Jimin's music selection was good, the most interesting part is there was a lot of Beast's songs on his playlist. 

"Beast sunbaenim?" Rapmonster plugged in an earphone, listening to Jimin's playlist. 

"Ne~"

"Their songs were good, I like their 'butterfly', but..." Rapmonster stopped, his face changed, looked a bit bitter.

"What?" Jimin waiting for Rapmonster to complete his words, nervously. "Hyung, are you okay? Do you feel anything hurts?"

"Anieyo~ I'm just wondering, aren't you should be jealous because your girlfriend's ex-husband is Dujun Hyung?"

"Hyung, eeeeey~ seriously, Why would I?" Jimin giggled, a bit relieved that Rapmonster still spoke frankly as usual. "But hyung, your voice sounds great..."

"I'm fine, my throat is fine."

"Don't talk too much, your throat still need-"

"Stop worrying about my throat," Rapmonster cut his words, "Just tell me about you and Dujun Hyung, and your noona girlfriend. I guess I missed everything about you guys."

Jimin smiled, "We're good. Me and Dujun Hyung is good, we talk and everything is good." 

"Really?"

"Ne."

"Good," Rapmonster smiled, he always admiring Jimin's big heart. Jimin was thoughtful and always had a positive thought about everyone, he should learn more about that from him.

 

 

The next day was Jin, he proudly brought his no-bake cheesecake. Rapmonster whined that his Mom wouldn't let him eat it, but Jin said that his cheesecake was approved by nutritionist and doctors on the same hospital with his doctor's recovery team.

"You just make an excuse because you hate cheese~"

"You know that I don't like cheese but why you made it for me?"

Jin knew that it was only an excuse that Rapmonster made up. He never liked cheese, everytime Big Hit staff served chocolate flavor and cheese flavor snack at concert or practice, he always chose chocolate over cheese. He wasn't fond with how cheese taste like something between sweet and salty. 

"Just give it a try, you will like it."

"Ah hyung~" Rapmonster frowned.

"This hyung spent his nite just to made this cheesecake for you~"

"Okay okay~" Rapmonster grabbed his plate and spooned a very tiny bite into his mouth. He chewed it slowly, and Jin excitedly waiting for his response.

"How is it?" 

"Suprisingly good! I like it~"

Jin screamed happily hearing Rapmonster's answer. He told him that cooking was his getaway from any stresfull things he had, he asked Rapmonster to do it sometime. But Rapmonster never been so interested in food like Jin did, he liked eating but music was all on his head, and fashion too. Beside, cooking was too dangerous for him, he might be dead by his own knife.

"Here," Jin gave his mp3. Rapmonster quickly plugged in his earphones and played it. Jin's songs selection mostly consists with ballads, the rest was cheerful and playful songs. 
Rapmonster secretly studying Jin's face when he was busy eating his cheesecake. He looked okay but his playlist delivered the opposite information. Rapmonster got impression that he was still struggling from his broken heart.

"Any good news?"

"Ah, there's a new bakery shop near-"

"Hyung~ You know what I mean."

JIn smiled biterly, "Well... i'm currently seeing someone," Jin said in hesitant.

"Jinjja??"

Jin nodded, "It's a girl that Mom wanted to matchmake me with before, and-"

"And?"

"And... it's okay."

"And?" Rapmonster asked again, waiting for the answer he wanted to hear.

Jin giggled, "Nothing happened, I haven't feel anything for her, I haven't fall for her, but..."

"But??"

"But I like when she was around."

Rapmonster made a face, "So?" For him, it was cleared that Jin actually liked the girl but he didn't realize it yet.

"So let's leave it to time," Jin said, "They said time will heal everything."

Rapmonster snorted a scoff, "Yeah? Then time works slowly on me," he nagged.

"Yaaa Namjoona, you should be grateful that you survive the accident," Jin reminded him, "Just be a good boy and do what your Mom said."

Rapmonster nodded obediently, "I hope everything's going well for you two, you deserve it," he whispered, felt his throat started aching.

Jin smiled sincerely, "Yeah, me too."

 

After Jin was V. He said that he had a movie shooting near Rapmonster's secret recidence, so after he finished shooting he told everyone that he went back to Seoul foranother schedule. And information about Rapmonster's place was still safely in secret.
He brought a lot of comic books, and read it for Rapmonster. It was weird but it just V being V. Rapmonster laughed a lot when V mimicked Luffy when he read One Piece for Rapmonster. He also practiced his script lines togethe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter