Chapter 5: You Belong To Me

We Find Our Own Love

Looking at Ahyoung being so flustered, Jonghyun felt a bit uneasy. “Why does she have to be like that? If there’s nothing between them, why she looks so nervous…?” Of course, Jjong knew that she was an innocent and kind girl, and maybe she did all of those things just for politeness. But…deep down inside, he still felt uncomfortable. He hadn’t been there to see if the MC crossed the line or not… and plus, what did she feel then? Was she moved by the bold, straightforward words of the young man, which she had always told him to do in the past? There were so many thoughts running in his mind, however, he did not want to show what he was thinking and feeling then, especially with all those eyes from her sisters looking at him to find any trace of jealousy. Like the time they were in the dancing practice room…If there were only him and her alone, he would say something, but this was simply not that case.

“Really? He asked you to take pictures with him?... Hmm, I feel happy for you to have such a die-hard fan…” He forced to smile a little bit, wanting her know that he was alright. Ahyoung was quite surprised with his reactions. “Oppa, you… are not upset?”

“Of course… Hey Hyeri, I heard that you got the main role from “Reply 1988”, right? Congratulations.” Jjong quickly changed the topic and got other members distracted with stories about their work. He always did that whenever he was in a difficult situation, and it seemed to work everytime. While chatting with the members, sometimes he stole a glance at Ahyoung. She looked confused, and perhaps, a littble bit sad too…but she tried to hide it by her occasional laughter during the conversation.

“Ahyoung ah… what do you expect me to do? You want me to show it… in front of everyone?” He was confused too. Man, girls are so hard to tell.  While thinking about what he should do, he suddenly remembered how much she wanted him to express more feelings and thoughts to her. That was her wish! “Ah… I see” he realized.

“Sorry, but I have to go now…See you all later...” Jjong had to go then. Part of it was for work, but more of the reason was he wanted to escape that room, go back to his safe place and have some time to think over about all the crazy things that happened today.

After saying goodbye to the members there, he quickly strolled out of the door. He just went for a few steps before hearing someone running to catch him. It was HER.

“Oppa,… too bad that you have to leave so soon…” She was panting, but her eyes did not leave him for once second, like she wanted to see him for a little while.

“Yeah, I have to go…”

“Oppa… I’m just… I don’t…” She was lost for words. She was trying to tell him, but her shyness prevented her from saying it out.

There was only two of them standing in hallway then. He did not have to be afraid anymore. Knowing exactly what she wanted to tell, Jjong calmly smiled and said, “Ahyoung ah… Don’t worry. I understand that he is your fan… whatever you did, I believe it was decent and doesn’t mean anything…But… be careful okay? The world is…”

“A dangerous place… I know that, oppa” she giggled a bit, looking so bright and lovely. She was relieved to hear his words. At that moment, Jjong’s heart dropped for a second.

Hesitatedly, he took a step closer to her, reaching out his arm and grab her hand.

“Ahyoung ah.... be careful around men, alright? You never know what may happen. I mean it”. He intensely looked at her, trying to get across his meaning. His eyes and his gripping wanted to say, she belonged to him only.

Her cheeks reddened like a sun. She was so surprised by his moves, but she did not take her hand out of his. Slowly and slowly, she grabbed his hand back. “Oppa, I promise”, she whispered to him, with a shy but contented smile.

(To be continued)