Chapter 3: That’s All I Need To Know

We Find Our Own Love

“Ring Ring Ring!”

The sounds of the alarm clock woke Jjong up. Usually, he would stay for a while in his bed before getting up and starting a new day. However, today was different. It was Sunday, which meant he would go to Inkigayo to do the MC, and more importantly, he would meet HER. Suddenly, he had a feeling of anxiety and happiness. He wanted to see her and longed for having some face-to-face interaction with her, despite the curious eyes of the public.

He recalled what Seok-cheon hyung asked him a few days ago. “What does she mean to you now?” He himself even did not know the answer. How could he say out loud the word “Girlfriend”? He had to hold it deep down inside as there were too many reasons to do so. Besides, it was his wish only, hence saying it would be so awkward. However, “Friend” was a bitter word that he disliked very much. They were more than that, definitely, but to what extent was the question.

Fortunately, he avoided answering by changing the topic and discussing about work with Seok-cheon hyung. After all, it was not the right time to disclose their relationship, and he wanted to keep it for himself, like a small plant that needed protecting.

* * * * * *         

“Jjong oppa!”

Standing in the hallway, he smiled immediately when hearing the lovely sound of her. Turning his back, he replied with a calm and low voice, “Ahyoungie, aren’t you going to perform?”

“I’m about to. Oppa,” she hesitated a bit, trying to hide her shyness, “how do I look…?”

“Uhm… you will be fine on the stage”.

She seemed not to be pleased with the answer.          

“Oppa, don’t I look good? You never compliment me…” She frowned her face, with her lips rising slightly in a cute way.

“Ah… you look good today...”

Actually, he was too embarassed to take a longer stare at her outfit. It was quite similar to the y swimsuit which appeared on the music video. “Aigoo, why do you ask me to look, Ahyoungie”, he thought. As a well-mannered man, he tried to look at other places before his ears started to turn red.

“Anyway, have you eaten yet?” he changed the topic.

“I haven’t. We don’t eat anything before going on stage. I will eat later.”

“Eat less junk foods, okay? It’s not good for your health…”

“But oppa, snacks are my favorite. Besides, I still eat properly. Are you worried about me?” She smiled and gazed at him back, checking his reaction.

 “I… of course, Ahyoungie. You are worrisome. haha…”

“I’m not…” She shook her shoulder a bit, and her lips were even more curvy than before. “Oppa always teases me…”

“Haha, really?“

“Yura-shi! It’s time!” Suddenly, someone called Yura to prepare and get ready for the performance.

“Ah… I have to go now, oppa. See you later…” She reluctantly went to the path leading to the stage, sometimes turning over to see if Jjong was still there.

“Okay, see you…Good luck with your performance, Ahyoung ah…” Jjong waved to her until she disappeared behind the door. It was good to see her again. He smiled without realizing, and turned his head to the preparing room of MCs.

* * * * * *         

“Today’s winner is SNSD! Congratulations!...”

Honestly, Jjong was not concentrating on what was happening on the stage at that moment. Instead, he unintentionally took a glance at his princess, wondering if she was sad when hearing the result. To his surprise, she also turned her head back to him, with a bright smile on her lovely face, and quickly looked away, like she knew he was looking at her as well.

“That’s all I need to know. Ahyoung ah”, he smiled happily and looked back on the paper held on his hand.

(To be continued)