Chapter 1: Inkigayo - Long Time No See

We Find Our Own Love

Coming back home after the movie premiere, Jonghyun, tiredly got back to his own room. He fell like a heavy stone to his softy bed, closed his eyes and tried to take a nap.

He had worked so hard lately, from promoting his new movie “Alice” to MCing at inkigayo, and he deserved a good rest. Ah, Inkigayo …. Suddenly, he smiled with happiness, despite all the tiredsom which was about to drag him to sleep. “Finally, after such a long time, I met her again. She stood right there, next to me, with a gorgeous white dress like an angel”. He could not resist recalling all the memory of last Sunday. Of course, they bumped to each other some times on the road, but the feelings on-that-special-day was totally different. Once again, they were on screen, with so many people around. Shyness was all over his mind, but fortunately, he could remain calm and did not mess up his words. “Oh yeah, but I seemed too happy at that moment, smiling from ear to ear…aigoo”. He wondered if Yura felt the same. Whenever she was next to him, he could not stand but to smile; while she always seemed so calm and focused in front of the camera. Just like the time when they were in Jeundo, doing the couple photoshoot. She was lying right there on the bed, with him, wearing that y shirt …

He shook his head crazily, “Ahyoung ah, what have you done to me? A professional actor and model like me, cannot stop smiling whenever you are near.” He got up and go to the kitchen, washing his face and having a glass of water. Hah…, at least, no one was here to see him being like this.

He went to the bookshelf, searching for something. Pulling down from the shelf, he held the latest album of Girl’s Day, “Ring My Bell”, with the beautiful picture of his wife (he liked to think that way) on the cover. “Finally, I could ask her to sign the album for me, once again. One more item for my collection”. He got down to a chair, opened the photobook carefully, and flipped each page one by one, like he was enjoying every moment of her. She looked always amazing and beautiful, but he rarely said that in front of her. He was worried that any man could hear his compliments and tried to take her away from him. After all, she was called a goddess, a rising female idol with so many fan boys around her, saying exactly the same thing in his mind. No, he must be different from them. He confidently believed that he understood her more than any man. After all, it was not hard for an expert mind-reader like him to figure out who she was – an innocent, bright and caring girl. He loved how clumsily she did, how loudly she laughed and how thoughtful she always was to him. In fact, he used to like independent, mature and behaved girls, but the fact that Yura became an exception was totally unexpected and  inexplicable to him.

However, what he felt most surprised was that she understood him more than he could be aware of. For an introvert like him, the worst thing was being misapprehended, and he suffered from it very much when entering the showbiz world.  He had started to be more reserved and untalkative, in the hope that one day someone could see through his personalities and accept him just the way he was. And then, she showed up to his small world, stealing his heart in the most adorable way and showed her forgiveness and caring to him. He had thought that she was more like a child, who needed to be taken care of all the time, but actually she could be a true supportive girlfriend he could find in this dangerous and deceitful world of showbiz.

“Ahyoung ah, what are you doing now? Do you know that I miss you? Are you thinking about me like I do to you?” He stopped his flow of thinking and reached his phone. “Ahyoungie” – her lovely name was on his mobile screen…. Should he text her now?

(To be continued)